USO Final: Murray beats Djokovic 7-6(10) 7-5 2-6 3-6 6-2 - Page 54 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 08:51 PM   #796
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: USO Final: Murray beats Djokovic 7-6(10) 7-5 2-6 3-6 6-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyesok View Post
This match was painful. Full blown choking from both of them and big long dull rallies just waiting for the other to give an UE.

The worst part is being Scottish my entire facebook feed is full of (and these are quotes)

"That was the greatest tennis match ever! No question!"

"Andy Murray proves he's probably the greatest tennis player ever"

"What amazing play from these two, nobody else can touch them!".

I tried to explain that the match was a total joke and that a 30 shot rally does not mean an entertaining rally, but these pseudo tennis fans don't even know tennis exists between slams, and probably don't care.

I always enjoyed Murray not winning slams because I knew what it was avoiding, for Andy himself I'm really happy though, but listening to these people's take on it is making me curse Djokovic not winning.
One of them is right here .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooza2011 View Post
It was a great match. It was so dramatic from start to finish with the epic tie-break and the comeback before Andy finally won his slam in the fifth. Never a dull moment. The level of defensive tennis and sheer effort put in by both players was excellent and for that reason, combined with the wind, this match was never going to be a winner fest. There is more to tennis than hitting lines and winners, you have to play according to the conditions and these guys did that and made it a very entertaining match.

The atmosphere was brilliant which goes to show how exciting a match it was.

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Say what you want about Federer playing Baghdatis and Gonzo in AO finals... But at least he won them
Looner is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2012, 08:51 PM   #797
country flag Allez

Allez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond repute

Still in shock. Murray taking things to the next level. This is simply amazing.
Allez is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-11-2012, 08:58 PM   #798
country flag habibko

habibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond repute

habibko is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-11-2012, 08:59 PM   #799
country flag TigerTim

TigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SliceAce View Post
As for Mugray, what can be said? A disgusting human being, and awful player, and a choking pushing mug. He looks like a kemo patient, bald spots, hairless legs, pasty blotchy skin, busted teeth, and an ugly, snarling face. Typical antics all came out in this match: faking injuries, grimacing and cursing, trying to peg Fed, trying to start drama, undeserved final based on an exhausted old man and a joke draw.

I'm no Fakervic fan but he needs to save tennis, sadly tree trunk legs will be fresh. Interesting he's never questioned...
TigerTim is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-11-2012, 09:00 PM   #800
country flag bounccer

bounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond repute

The craziest thing is that some deluded tards really thought a man who played in 4 slams finals, who was nearly unbeatable in slams against everyone else than the top 3 and who nearly beat Fed/Nadal/Djoke a few times in slams recently had NO CHANCE to win a slam, quite hilarious, really, it's shows the long-term vision and the clue of these fools.

The ironic thing is the fact that Murray finally won his price in the slam where he played the worse of the year.

But he deserves it for his career, he's very lucky this time, but he was unlucky in Wimbledon where he could have won.

Djokovic has this in the bag easily considering Murray'fear in this match, but he litteraly gave him the first two sets

Now Murray has his slam, he can win more, but he will need to play better than this.
bounccer is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-11-2012, 09:07 PM   #801
country flag Nole fan
The new era of SuperNovak

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey Feldman View Post
did you notice this

RG Final - Djoky had the momentum and the match in his hands when the rain came and Rafa had it postponed

Wim SF - Rain came and Nole had to deal with Indoorerer

USO F - the winds came just in time for playing Pushdy Murray aka the wind expert

at least Nadal choked the AO final or else it would have been a slamless year for Nole 1.4.
I guess the Gods thought the guy was too lucky last year and decided to even it out this year, they thought Fed needed some extra help to win his 17 slam. Clearly everything has been against Nole this season.

Either you get him or you don't.

Novak Djokovic nº1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-11-2012, 09:15 PM   #802
country flag DrJules

DrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapeod View Post
Firstly, I am ecstatic that Andy finally got that slam. Many more are to come. As I said constantly in the past, when he wins his first, he'll win more. The first one is the hardest after all.

And now to MTF:

SUCK IT!!!

How many times did I tell you? Over and over again, I said Andy would win that slam and he did. In fact, most of you ridiculed me for saying that. I'd like to take this chance to tell you all to suck it. Suck it hard, long and good because you will never hear the end of this from me. How do you feel now? Djokovic was lucky to even get back into the match. He did, but Andy closed it out in boss fashion.

Frustrated?

Dedicated to most Nadal fans, most Djokovic fans, most Federer fans...in fact, I dedicate this result to every single buffoon on here to dared to say that I was wrong about Andy winning a slam.
You have been smashed. I hope you all have a good look at the new and improved Andy Murray because that is the next new #1. Now, all of you said this would never happen:

you can all pucker up and kiss my Scottish arse
Quote:
Awww, are you frustrated This was a great final. The best slam final for quite some time and the better player just happened to win it. The rallies were amazing and it was dramatic. It was everything a great final should be. Suck it
Quote:
I edited the signature. It's a glorious day. Where's Topspindoctor? Where are all of the rabid Djokotards and Nadaltards? Have they gone into hiding. You better not come back or I will stomp you. For 4 years I've been saying over and over again that Murray will win a slam. All of you laughed at that. Now, I'm laughing at you.

Also, a little treat for tennishero and Mark Lenders. Now that Andy has a slam, his career stomps Del Potro's. 1 slam, 1 olympic gold + 8 masters title >>> 1 slam, 1 olympic bronze and nothing else
They do say revenge is a dish best served cold and you certainly timed this well against all the haters of Murray on this site.

Federer 17 GS, 6 Year End Masters, 21 Master Series.
Nadal 14 GS, 0 Year End Masters, 27 Master Series, 1 Olympic Gold.
Djokovic 6 GS, 3 Year End Masters, 19 Master Series.

DrJules is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-11-2012, 09:20 PM   #803
country flag Xenosys

Xenosys has a reputation beyond reputeXenosys has a reputation beyond reputeXenosys has a reputation beyond reputeXenosys has a reputation beyond reputeXenosys has a reputation beyond reputeXenosys has a reputation beyond reputeXenosys has a reputation beyond reputeXenosys has a reputation beyond reputeXenosys has a reputation beyond reputeXenosys has a reputation beyond reputeXenosys has a reputation beyond repute

Sapoed. Years of pent up frustration, bubbling to the surface in those posts. Murray's sure made you wait.

However ... well worth it!
Xenosys is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-11-2012, 09:42 PM   #804
country flag DrJules

DrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond repute

Murray found it much easier to win over the crowd than win the match.

You could tell who had won a point from the level of applause.

Federer 17 GS, 6 Year End Masters, 21 Master Series.
Nadal 14 GS, 0 Year End Masters, 27 Master Series, 1 Olympic Gold.
Djokovic 6 GS, 3 Year End Masters, 19 Master Series.

DrJules is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-11-2012, 09:48 PM   #805
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJules View Post
Murray found it much easier to win over the crowd than win the match.

You could tell who had won a point from the level of applause.
Yep, noticed that too. Murray most definitely had the majority of the crowd behind him.
I think he won over a lot of people's hearts with his emotional speech after losing Wimbledon, and with his awesome performance at the Olympics on that same territory thereafter. He sure won over mine and I know I'm not the only one who absolutely wanted him to win this GS title.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-11-2012, 10:03 PM   #806
country flag Nole fan
The new era of SuperNovak

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset of Age View Post
Yep, noticed that too. Murray most definitely had the majority of the crowd behind him.
I think he won over a lot of people's hearts with his emotional speech after losing Wimbledon, and with his awesome performance at the Olympics on that same territory thereafter. He sure won over mine and I know I'm not the only one who absolutely wanted him to win this GS title.
Oh is that so?

Either you get him or you don't.

Novak Djokovic nº1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-11-2012, 10:14 PM   #807
country flag venky91

venky91 has a reputation beyond reputevenky91 has a reputation beyond reputevenky91 has a reputation beyond reputevenky91 has a reputation beyond reputevenky91 has a reputation beyond reputevenky91 has a reputation beyond reputevenky91 has a reputation beyond reputevenky91 has a reputation beyond reputevenky91 has a reputation beyond reputevenky91 has a reputation beyond reputevenky91 has a reputation beyond repute

It's not surprising that Murray won over the crowd. Djokovic is trashy and has no charisma or personality. Not to mention his tennis is ugly.
venky91 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-11-2012, 10:35 PM   #808
country flag Moozza

Moozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond repute

The crowd wanted to see a guy who deserves a slam so much finally win one.

MULTISLAMRAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!

DISPUTABLE REAL NO.1

SPORTSPERSON OF THE YEAR 2013!!!!
Moozza is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-11-2012, 10:38 PM   #809
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole fan View Post
Oh is that so?
Yep. Sorry about that.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-11-2012, 10:44 PM   #810
country flag andylovesaustin

andylovesaustin has a reputation beyond reputeandylovesaustin has a reputation beyond reputeandylovesaustin has a reputation beyond reputeandylovesaustin has a reputation beyond reputeandylovesaustin has a reputation beyond reputeandylovesaustin has a reputation beyond reputeandylovesaustin has a reputation beyond reputeandylovesaustin has a reputation beyond reputeandylovesaustin has a reputation beyond reputeandylovesaustin has a reputation beyond reputeandylovesaustin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset of Age View Post
I just think Murray was the underdog. I do think his recent success helped him win over more fans.

I can tolerate his win, for example, even though Andy M isn't one of my favorites. I do respect he's worked his butt off to try to turn things around and apparently listed to what Ivan Lendl had to say. And I have to reiterate... there's the separate issue of really liking Ivan Lendl as a personality. He cracks me up.

So yes, Andy M's win--even over Nole isn't that hard to take.