Nick Kyrgios - Yes He Canberra - Page 34 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-15-2013, 11:01 PM   #496
country flag xkyrgios

xkyrgios has a reputation beyond reputexkyrgios has a reputation beyond reputexkyrgios has a reputation beyond reputexkyrgios has a reputation beyond reputexkyrgios has a reputation beyond reputexkyrgios has a reputation beyond reputexkyrgios has a reputation beyond reputexkyrgios has a reputation beyond reputexkyrgios has a reputation beyond reputexkyrgios has a reputation beyond reputexkyrgios has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nick Kyrgios - Yes He Canberra

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyOz View Post
You have father's, like Tomic, Dokic, etc.

Let's not have brothers...

Show a little respect, there are many losses ahead for young Nick... it is part of the game. He is still young, and if he loses or retires injured, you would not want somebody slanging off at him like you have just done...

Have some Aussie pride and control yourself. Shame on you.

And what you gonna do if someone tell's you what to do. Huh??? A bit ugly you are..
Respect? Having respect for the game is also important. Also respect for other competitors, if you honestly believe that was a genuine "retirement" from injury, then I guess we can agree to disagree. Ummm not listen? Especially some keyboard warrior on a forum site, who thinks that his opinion has any relevance or bearing on my actions.
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2013, 11:42 PM   #497
country flag ogre

ogre has a reputation beyond reputeogre has a reputation beyond reputeogre has a reputation beyond reputeogre has a reputation beyond reputeogre has a reputation beyond reputeogre has a reputation beyond reputeogre has a reputation beyond reputeogre has a reputation beyond reputeogre has a reputation beyond reputeogre has a reputation beyond reputeogre has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkyrgios View Post
Maybe I was a little caught up in the heat of the moment. But still, robbing a debutant of his chance at a win is as low as you can go in my books. I guess my description of what I now think of that player, wasn't necessary though.
Great post. Gets me back on side for one.

It was clear it was never going to be much of a match and the opponent basically admitted defeat. I cannot see how this counts as anything other than a decisive win for Nick.
ogre is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 03:28 AM   #498
country flag RustyOz

RustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ummm not listen? Especially some keyboard warrior on a forum site, who thinks that his opinion has any relevance or bearing on my actions.
Seems like you were doing a bit of "keyboard warrior-ing" of your own on the forum Mate...
Oooh that must have hurt the Pole!
RustyOz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 04:00 AM   #499
country flag xkyrgios

xkyrgios has a reputation beyond reputexkyrgios has a reputation beyond reputexkyrgios has a reputation beyond reputexkyrgios has a reputation beyond reputexkyrgios has a reputation beyond reputexkyrgios has a reputation beyond reputexkyrgios has a reputation beyond reputexkyrgios has a reputation beyond reputexkyrgios has a reputation beyond reputexkyrgios has a reputation beyond reputexkyrgios has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Seems like you were doing a bit of "keyboard warrior-ing" of your own on the forum Mate...
Oooh that must have hurt the Pole!
Your comment is uneducated, misguided and ultimately incorrect. The definition of a keyboard warrior, is someone who will attack a person personally, through slander or defamation with no intention/ability to back up their submissions. Like that flop on the forum tried to attack me personally earlier (repeating himself like an uneducated child, trying to call me the unsuccessful brother LOL), when I know that if he were to have to approach me to give the same remarks, there is strong doubt in my mind that he would. Hiding behind the safety of his computer screen, congratulations champ, keep pulling yourself.

On the contrary, I will OPENLY, and in person label the actions of that player as "cowardly" and "spineless". Nick pushed himself and all the Aussie boys through the training week and earned his opportunity to not only play the doubles, but also the dead rubber. If the dead rubber meant nothing, then they would simply format the Davis Cup tie in a way that once a team reached 3, the remaining rubbers if any would be dissolved. The game meant something, it was something Nick had worked for, and the game was his to be played. He deserved his "opponent" to show him enough respect, to be integral and noble enough to give him the opportunity, to win on that awesome tennis stage, not fake an injury because he was getting stomped.

Regardless of whether the tie was finished, it isn't in the spirit of the sport and that is the pinnacle of disrespect.

To be honest, I couldn't care in the slightest what ill-informed, rash & judgmental opinions you have formulated about me. I think that bloke is a disgrace to the sport & Poland and I wanted to voice that perspective. One of the best prospects of your country was robbed valuable experience, court time and an opportunity that he works day in and day out for, because someone couldn't swallow their pride. It's disgusting.
Old 09-16-2013, 05:47 AM   #500
country flag n8

n8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond repute

Nick has had great results on both hard and clay this year. He even blitzed the tough field in Roehampton, proving he'll be a force on all surfaces. Seeing him on TV the other night just made me so excited again as it was the first time I'd seen him in action on TV since the AO junior final. I've watched plenty of live streams but the experience is never the same.

Can't wait until January!
n8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 10:23 AM   #501
country flag n8

n8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond repute

Nick's schedule (as per his website):

n8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 12:01 PM   #502
Dmitry Verdasco

Dmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond repute

Poland > Australia > Belgium/France > Sweden > Australia

Seems legit

NADAL - TURSUNOV - BOLELLI - NALBANDIAN - MATOSEVIC
HINGIS - DEMENTIEVA - DOKIC - KOURNIKOVA - PIERCE - GOLOVIN - RADWANSKA - KIRILENKO - BARTHEL

Dmitry Verdasco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 12:36 PM   #503
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitry Verdasco View Post
Poland > Australia > Belgium/France > Sweden > Australia

Seems legit
Let's hope he stays on/close to European time for daily rhytm on his trip home...
Litotes is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 12:57 PM   #504
Dmitry Verdasco

Dmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't Tennis Australia acquire a training base in Spain? Why not just stay over there.

NADAL - TURSUNOV - BOLELLI - NALBANDIAN - MATOSEVIC
HINGIS - DEMENTIEVA - DOKIC - KOURNIKOVA - PIERCE - GOLOVIN - RADWANSKA - KIRILENKO - BARTHEL

Dmitry Verdasco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 01:15 PM   #505
country flag xkyrgios

Quote:
Didn't Tennis Australia acquire a training base in Spain? Why not just stay over there.
I know it may look silly - but nick loves coming home and spending time with the family and chilling out for a bit after being on the road for a while. He has been away since US qualifying and wanted to take some time off before he hit the road again.
Old 09-16-2013, 01:20 PM   #506
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I know it may look silly - but nick loves coming home and spending time with the family and chilling out for a bit after being on the road for a while. He has been away since US qualifying and wanted to take some time off before he hit the road again.
Will he adjust back to Aussie time while there, then? How good is he at adapting to new time zones? That's something some struggle with, appears easier for others.
Litotes is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 10:34 PM   #507
country flag RustyOz

RustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond repute

Whilst I acknowledge Nick is still young, being based in Australia means he will have to travel overseas, away from the comforts of home and family, for periods longer than 5 weeks. Like 3, 4 or 5 months. The jetlag will not be good either. If he can handle the travel, then good luck to him. So far he seems to have handled it ok, and judging by results and performances it has been the right thing to do.
No doubt his period away from Oz will increase in the future, there are not enough quality tournaments in Oz during the year.
RustyOz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 10:43 PM   #508
country flag Sombrerero loco

Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
i think this is over already, because kubler, barton, banes and all the guys who used to train here with spanish coaches paid from tennis australia, have gone =(((

Jerzy Janowicz/Bernard the aTomic /Thanasi Kokkinakis/Kei Nishikori

John Millman / Javier Martí/Taro Daniel-Jules Marie-Josh Milton

Henkka Kontinen
-Nick Kyrgios-Henri Laaksonen- Attila Balazs- Pierre Hugues Herbert-Alex Bolt-Marcus Willis-Kristijan Mesaros-Berankis-Chris Rungkat-Piotr Gadomski-Kike Lopez-Perez
www.tennisalternative.com
Sombrerero loco is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 12:13 AM   #509
country flag aussie_fan

aussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond repute

He was on the list for some American challengers, would of like to seen him play those, thought he could do well in those
aussie_fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 12:19 AM   #510
country flag xkyrgios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
Will he adjust back to Aussie time while there, then? How good is he at adapting to new time zones? That's something some struggle with, appears easier for others.
Nick seems to be really good at it - whenever we travel together it's not something that affects him too much.

Quote:
Whilst I acknowledge Nick is still young, being based in Australia means he will have to travel overseas, away from the comforts of home and family, for periods longer than 5 weeks. Like 3, 4 or 5 months. The jetlag will not be good either. If he can handle the travel, then good luck to him. So far he seems to have handled it ok, and judging by results and performances it has been the right thing to do.
No doubt his period away from Oz will increase in the future, there are not enough quality tournaments in Oz during the year.
Yeah, you are right. Which is why we travel around together a lot of the time, helps him stay focused. Its a good thing he sorta leapfrogged all the futures circuit and now has the ability to play bigger tournaments (getting wild cards into tour events and playing slams). At this stage in his career also, the focus isn't on his ranking so much as physical development and conditioning. If you have watched him play, you know he has the game, its just a matter of being able to maintain that level and bring it every time he steps on the court.

Quote:
We are a very tight-knit family. Tennis is obviously very important to Nick, but no so much that he loses sight of his family and things that make him happy. He is heaps more motivated and focused when things are done this way.