Canada Shuts Iranian Embassy - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-08-2012, 03:43 AM   #16
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canada Shuts Iranian Embassy

Well thanks for pointing out that Sands and the barbaric Iranian ayatollahs are peas in a pod.
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2012, 06:17 AM   #17
country flag ballbasher101

ballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond repute

Iran is screwed. In a few years I predict that Israel and America will attack Iran. It is only a matter of time.
ballbasher101 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 04:18 PM   #18
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

News reports state that relations have been on a downward spiral since last year when a female Canadian journalist took pictures of a protest in Tehran and was subsequently jailed, sexually assaulted and killed by Iranian authorities.
Old 09-08-2012, 04:26 PM   #19
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

It seems Canada has some cojones after all.
The Prince is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:25 PM   #20
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
News reports state that relations have been on a downward spiral since last year when a female Canadian journalist took pictures of a protest in Tehran and was subsequently jailed, sexually assaulted and killed by Iranian authorities.
who is that? i have been unable to find any news about it thus far. only found the case of Zahra Kazemi, an iranian canadian journalist apparently killed by iranian police. however, this happened over 9 years ago.
Old 09-09-2012, 03:54 AM   #21
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxas21 View Post
who is that? i have been unable to find any news about it thus far. only found the case of Zahra Kazemi, an iranian canadian journalist apparently killed by iranian police. however, this happened over 9 years ago.
That is her. That it happened nine years ago does not mean it is any less relevant. First the government said she died in hospital of a stroke. When those lies were exposed the government charged a jail employee with murder. He was acquitted and the beating to death is now known to have been carried out by agents from a government ministry.

The doctor who examined her when she was sent to hospital from the prison was eventually given asylum in Canada after being allowed to go to Finland for medical treatment. He reported that the body had flog marks all over, had many broken bones, nails ripped out, skull fractured, nose broken, ear canal ruptured and showed evidence of brutal ****.

I was misleading saying a downward spiral ''since last year''. Because of the mounting proof that the crime was commited by goverment agents, the Canadian government has been pressing since last year to have the case re-opened. So far the Iranians insist she died when she fell down and hit her head.

Last edited by buddyholly : 09-09-2012 at 04:15 AM.
buddyholly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 02:05 PM   #22
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

well, stuff like that happens in iran unfortunately. not so long ago it also used to happen in egypt with the complete support of the US and other western nations, perhaps canada too.

what i'm saying with this is that the press will use cases like this to present the idea of how bad iran is and how good it is that canada finally shut down the iranian embassy, disregarding that today and/or in the near past my supreme western homeland also supported cruel regimes merely because they were means to a political/economic end.

then again, westerners are too blinded to see any of that.
Old 09-09-2012, 04:50 PM   #23
country flag Echoes

Echoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It doesn't get independence, it takes it by voting for it.
Yes, agreed.

Quote:
The separatist Parti Quebequois just got elected. So a referendum is in the works. And of course it will be defeated yet again. Quebeckers don't want the handouts from the rest of Canada to stop.
The 'Parti quebecois' has failed for decades because they tried to combine left-wing liberalism/republicanism with national independence, notably because of bastard René Levesque, which is a deadlock (influence of the Cuban revolution).

In 1995, 60% of Francophone Quebeckers voted Yes but 99% of the anglophones voted No.

My only problem with a Quebec independence is what would happen with the Acadian in New Brunswick (and Nova Scotia?) ??

I'm rather in favour of the 'Parti indépendantiste' (even though I don't agree with everything in their programme)

Their flag is much more appealing to me (heraldic Lily )

Quote:
It could be a weird provincial government. One election promise is to to ban all religious symbols in public places - except crucifixes!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, the 'Parti indépendantiste' also has that "religious freedom restricted to the private sphere (house and place of worship)" bullshit that they took from French republicanism and Freemasonry.

Perhaps, one day, we'll ...take our (religious) freedoms back.
Echoes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 04:55 PM   #24
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute

What sort of religious freedom don't you have?
Har-Tru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 05:24 PM   #25
country flag RagingLamb
Motherhater

RagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
While exporting terrorism may be the official reason, they have been pressuring Iranian immigrants to Canada to promote Iranian cultural values in Canada.
What I heard is that Iran was using its Canadian embassy to recruit Iranian immigrants in Canada to spy on other Iranian immigrants, especially those who are opposed to the Iranian government. Not sure why promoting Iranian cultural values would warrant severing diplomatic ties.

Anyhow, it's about time that it happened. In fact it should have happened when Kazemi was ***** and murdered by Iranian government agents 9 years ago.
Old 09-09-2012, 05:28 PM   #26
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Quote:
what i'm saying with this is that the press will use cases like this to present the idea of how bad iran is a
Well, where is the alternative press showing how good Iran is?

Anyway, it is not the press, but the Canadian Government that is presenting the idea of how bad Iran is. And reading your post in full, it can then be concluded that Islamic states in general are barbaric, right?
Old 09-09-2012, 05:31 PM   #27
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingLamb View Post
What I heard is that Iran was using its Canadian embassy to recruit Iranian immigrants in Canada to spy on other Iranian immigrants, especially those who are opposed to the Iranian government. Not sure why promoting Iranian cultural values would warrant severing diplomatic ties.

Anyhow, it's about time that it happened. In fact it should have happened when Kazemi was ***** and murdered by Iranian government agents 9 years ago.
Well, you probably said it more accurately. I was thinking of the subjugation of women, honour killings etc, the kind of ''cultural'' values that our laws prohibit.
Old 09-09-2012, 05:35 PM   #28
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
My only problem with a Quebec independence is what would happen with the Acadian in New Brunswick (and Nova Scotia?) ??
Nothing that I can think of that didn't happen yesterday and today. Along with the rest of Canada, they'd probably say ''Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out."
Old 09-10-2012, 06:30 PM   #29
country flag abraxas21

Quote:
Anyway, it is not the press, but the Canadian Government that is presenting the idea of how bad Iran is. And reading your post in full, it can then be concluded that Islamic states in general are barbaric, right?
not really. what i'm saying is that canada, among other western nations, hands pick the motives to appear as the good guys while hiding everything else. fools will believe them of course.

when your birth kingdom's ambassador in uzbekistan, craig murray, publicly denounced the country's widespread use of torture practices to gain intelligence information, he was fired almost immediately and joint intelligence MI6-Uzbekistan operations kept going as usual. Why is this? Well, because the UK has geopolitical and economical interests at hand. Such interests go in an opposite direction in the case of iran; hence the gvt outcry of the brit authorities (along with their mass media puppets), us authorities and, of course, canadian authorities.

Last edited by abraxas21 : 09-10-2012 at 06:37 PM.
abraxas21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:03 PM   #30
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Quote:
not really. what i'm saying is that canada, among other western nations, hands pick the motives to appear as the good guys while hiding everything else. fools will believe them of course.

when your birth kingdom's ambassador in uzbekistan, craig murray, publicly denounced the country's widespread use of torture practices to gain intelligence information, he was fired almost immediately and joint intelligence MI6-Uzbekistan operations kept going as usual. Why is this? Well, because the UK has geopolitical and economical interests at hand. Such interests go in an opposite direction in the case of iran; hence the gvt outcry of the brit authorities (along with their mass media puppets), us authorities and, of course, canadian authorities.
Espionage is a dirty business. Funny how Murray became a crusader after ruining his career by leaving his wife for an Uzbeck lap dancer whom he met in a strip club. Not the best move for a man with ambassadorial status.

But from everything I have read, Kazemi was not involved in any kind of espionage. They just tortured, ***** and killed her for being an Iranian that abandoned her country for freedom in Canada.