Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2) - Page 60 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 08:55 PM   #886
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
I didn't know you were addicted to that! How about answering my question about Downton Abbey?

Ok. Ms. Bossy Pants.

The ONE I watched with you.

How about listening to that segment? It's abut a young girl's experience with doctors at a critical time.
star is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2012, 09:00 PM   #887
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2)

Quote:
I didn't know you were addicted to that! How about answering my question about Downton Abbey?

What's cute (and good) about you is that you do share your feelings and emotions. Most guys your age would be ashamed and hide it from others. I know the anonymity of the world wide web helps, but still, not many people would do it the way you do. It's a great thing that will eventually end up helping you out going through all that! At least you're not trying to fool yourself. Which is what I do, I try to fool myself and pretend the problem doesn't exist.

You said it yourself yesterday, no relationship is perfect. NO RELATIONSHIP. Friends, boyfriends, family, if you're very close, it can't be perfect.

I have on sibling, 2 parents, 4 grandparents, 6 uncles and aunts, and 6 cousins. This is my family... feels too small.
Thanks. I used to never be honest with myself and rarely with others, so I've looked to change that over the last couple of years. Talking about things can only help. People share advice, thoughts & opinions. It's good.

I imagine, despite your parent's divorce, that you are on good terms with everyone, and there is a good aura surrounding your family? I really don't mean any harm in blindly speculating.

You see the problem now is my dad has re-married and my mum effective has, she's with a new partner. My dad married a Korean-Russian lady who already had two kids, there's a big Austrian influence on my stepdad's side of the family, his mother is Austrian, and one of his siblings has married a foreigner. My mother is of Irish origin, there's a big Catholic influence on her side of the family, not that she personally is religious. Then my dad is originally of lower middle-class origin and worked really hard to be very successful.

I don't mean to bore you with my family history, but I'm trying to make a point. I can't think of one person in my family who's been affected positively by the recent shuffling around. There's tonnes of different cultural influences on the family, it's too complicated. If I have children, I will do my utmost to try and make life as simple as possible for them. Not necessarily easy, but no needless complexities like I have suffered.
The Prince is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-15-2012, 09:01 PM   #888
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
Ok. Ms. Bossy Pants.

The ONE I watched with you.

How about listening to that segment? It's abut a young girl's experience with doctors at a critical time.
It's on the tab right next to MTF's, but now I am cleaning up my room and pretending to be watching this Dexter's episode. I am not paying enough attention. But as soon as I get in bed, it's the first thing I do, Ms. Bossy Pants.

Now how about watching the next Downton Abbey's episodes??

And why is my room always a mess?
arm is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-15-2012, 09:06 PM   #889
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
Thanks. I used to never be honest with myself and rarely with others, so I've looked to change that over the last couple of years. Talking about things can only help. People share advice, thoughts & opinions. It's good.

I imagine, despite your parent's divorce, that you are on good terms with everyone, and there is a good aura surrounding your family? I really don't mean any harm in blindly speculating.

You see the problem now is my dad has re-married and my mum effective has, she's with a new partner. My dad married a Korean-Russian lady who already had two kids, there's a big Austrian influence on my stepdad's side of the family, his mother is Austrian, and one of his siblings has married a foreigner. My mother is of Irish origin, there's a big Catholic influence on her side of the family, not that she personally is religious. Then my dad is originally of lower middle-class origin and worked really hard to be very successful.

I don't mean to bore you with my family history, but I'm trying to make a point. I can't think of one person in my family who's been affected positively by the recent shuffling around. There's tonnes of different cultural influences on the family, it's too complicated. If I have children, I will do my utmost to try and make life as simple as possible for them. Not necessarily easy, but no needless complexities like I have suffered.
Yes, we are all on reasonably good terms. Obviously it's always a bit awkward when I am with both my parents at the same time. Not because they don't get along, because they get along fine, but it's not that old you, know. They have been divorced for like 3 years, separated for 4... It may sound like a lot, but it's not like I don't remember everything about our life together, the 4 of us.

But we all get along fine (including uncles, etc...), although of course there are some minor conflicts. Nothing big though. We do have a chronic problem with an uncle of mine, who has been unemployed for like 6 years, and has been living with and of my grandparents. That is a huge problem there, but I don't wnat to get into it.

But summing up, I am very happy with the family I have, and I feel lucky.

Why do relationships have to be so hard?
Old 10-15-2012, 09:14 PM   #890
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

It's so maddening to be a child because all these events are so completely out of your control. You are smart in two things: 1. You see the error of your ways and correct your course.
2. You can always look at you parents and commit to yourself to do better.

Life is rarely simple, and maybe you'll find that this crazy quilt of a family has some benefits in the long run.
I hope so.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:18 PM   #891
country flag arm

You know, George, we are glad to help here. Or at least to listen!

Gosh, how many times have Lee and stary put up with my own problems!
Old 10-15-2012, 09:18 PM   #892
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes, we are all on reasonably good terms. Obviously it's always a bit awkward when I am with both my parents at the same time. Not because they don't get along, because they get along fine, but it's not that old you, know. They have been divorced for like 3 years, separated for 4... It may sound like a lot, but it's not like I don't remember everything about our life together, the 4 of us.

But we all get along fine (including uncles, etc...), although of course there are some minor conflicts. Nothing big though. We do have a chronic problem with an uncle of mine, who has been unemployed for like 6 years, and has been living with and of my grandparents. That is a huge problem there, but I don't wnat to get into it.

But summing up, I am very happy with the family I have, and I feel lucky.

Why do relationships have to be so hard?
That's good. Things like separation happen, but it's always nice to hear families are on good terms.

I echo your sentiments. More so because it can't really be changed. However I feel lucky to have met so many people that I can call family, whether I get along with them or not. One can learn a lot from just talking to people, even those that aren't the most amicable.

I think relationships being hard is just nature. It's undeniable that when a relationship really works, it's the best feeling ever.

How boring would it be if every bond we made remained unbroken? Sure it would be nice, but I don't see how the world would work. Much like I see evil essential to our continued existence.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:22 PM   #893
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

I see addressing global warming as essential to our continued existence.

well, not mine, but certainly yours and your children's existence.

Also, If Mitt Romney is elected, I'll have to seriously look into moving to Portugal -- or Glasgow.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:29 PM   #894
country flag arm

Quote:
That's good. Things like separation happen, but it's always nice to hear families are on good terms.

I echo your sentiments. More so because it can't really be changed. However I feel lucky to have met so many people that I can call family, whether I get along with them or not. One can learn a lot from just talking to people, even those that aren't the most amicable.

I think relationships being hard is just nature. It's undeniable that when a relationship really works, it's the best feeling ever.

How boring would it be if every bond we made remained unbroken? Sure it would be nice, but I don't see how the world would work. Much like I see evil essential to our continued existence.
Yeah, I agree. You know I have some really awesome relationships in my life (some friends and family members), but they are not perfect. And then I have some relationships that are not so deep, yet very important to both parts, and those are the easiest ones. I know I can count on those people, always, and everything is easy. The problem is that even though I know I can always count on them, I don't always reach them when I really need help, because although it's a great friendship, it's not awesome.

This is so complicated. I'd rather not think further about it today. Change the subject.

Your siblings in bed already? I am never going to be done cleaning up the room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
I see addressing global warming as essential to our continued existence.

well, not mine, but certainly yours and your children's exis

Also, If Mitt Romney is elected, I'll have to seriously look into moving to Portugal -- or Glasgow.
It's looking likely, though, right? Romney? In a way it's good news for me and some other Scot ().

When is the election day?
Old 10-15-2012, 09:33 PM   #895
country flag The Prince

Quote:
Yeah, I agree. You know I have some really awesome relationships in my life (some friends and family members), but they are not perfect. And then I have some relationships that are not so deep, yet very important to both parts, and those are the easiest ones. I know I can count on those people, always, and everything is easy. The problem is that even though I know I can always count on them, I don't always reach them when I really need help, because although it's a great friendship, it's not awesome.

This is so complicated. I'd rather not think further about it today. Change the subject.

Your siblings in bed already? I am never going to be done cleaning up the room.

It's looking likely, though, right? Romney? In a way it's good news for me and some other Scot ().

When is the election day?
I think we should change the subject too. It's a difficult topic for a lot of people so I apologise.

Yes, they were in bed a while ago.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:42 PM   #896
country flag arm

Can anyone tell me what distance I should expect myself to swim in about one hour of practice?

I need to know if what I am doing is weak or average.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:43 PM   #897
country flag The Prince

No idea about swimming. Sorry. I've never been back in the pool or sea since I nearly drowned.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:44 PM   #898
country flag The Prince

I'd estimate 3000m, though. Could be way off.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:46 PM   #899
country flag arm

You nearly drowned? For your age you do have quite some stories to tell!

I swam 2 kms in 50 mins. But I don't know if that is ok, or a bit weak.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:48 PM   #900
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

Sounds good to me.
Closed Thread