Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2) - Page 44 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2012, 04:13 PM   #646
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2)

I remember when Nole didn't get any attention... or not nearly as much as he gets now. I miss those days.
arm is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2012, 04:15 PM   #647
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
Oh, you spotted me, huh?

You are moving into the phase where your favorites will be younger than you now. Odd isn't it?

He should definitely play Estoril qualies.
I know, getting old(er). Still, 3.5 is not that much. he could be a 1st year med student at my faculty, therefor my colleague...

He should play estoril qualies. I will go down to the organization and force them to give him a WC for main draw even.
Old 10-14-2012, 04:16 PM   #648
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
I remember when Nole didn't get any attention... or not nearly as much as he gets now. I miss those days.
Yeah. I know what you mean.

I'll bet the old time Federer fans feel that way too. He didn't really get all the adulation until he had been on the circuit for several years.

Then there are others like Sampras, Nadal, Roddick, who blow up big right away and there is never that time of intimacy.
star is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-14-2012, 04:20 PM   #649
country flag arm

Quote:
Yeah. I know what you mean.

I'll bet the old time Federer fans feel that way too. He didn't really get all the adulation until he had been on the circuit for several years.

Then there are others like Sampras, Nadal, Roddick, who blow up big right away and there is never that time of intimacy.
This is exactly why I am excited about the kid. The best years of a fan/player relationship are the first ones when the player gets very limited attention... And it's why I am excited about atching him play (Filip). He seems to have the talent, but more importantly he seems to be an interesting and intelligent kid.

Funny how for 5 years, I never really felt this excited about any other player except Nole. Must mean something! last time I started liking a player for no reason what-so-ever, he won a Grand Slam 5 months later.
Old 10-14-2012, 04:22 PM   #650
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This is exactly why I am excited about the kid. The best years of a fan/player relationship are the first ones when the player gets very limited attention... And it's why I am excited about atching him play (Filip). He seems to have the talent, but more importantly he seems to be an interesting and intelligent kid.

Funny how for 5 years, I never really felt this excited about any other player except Nole. Must mean something! last time I started liking a player for no reason what-so-ever, he won a Grand Slam 5 months later.
That might be pushing it with Filip.
Old 10-14-2012, 04:24 PM   #651
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Andy will be fine, I am sure I don't worry.

I want to watch this kid play now. Where do I find his schedule? Does he have such a thing? I know absolutely nothing about lower ranked players
I apologise in advance for intruding on this thread. I thought this deserved an answer and perhaps I'm in a position to give a decent answer.

I recommend using the ITF Pro Circuit website, where you can view early entry lists for each event. There's a futures sub-forum on MTF as well which also has valuable information.

With regards to Peliwo, I share your love of him. I'm a straight male, and I'm younger than him, too. In all seriousness, he's awesome, isn't he?

I talked to him on twitter about two weeks ago, and he said his next stop would be in Israel. I've noticed that you guys have been communicating with him, too!
The Prince is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-14-2012, 04:27 PM   #652
country flag arm

Quote:
That might be pushing it with Filip.
Actually, Filip is about the same age Nole was back then.

Still, my passion for Nole in 2007 >>>>> mine for Filip right now. We need time, him and I. So I don't think my influence can be as great as it was with Nole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
I apologise in advance for intruding on this thread. I thought this deserved an answer and perhaps I'm in a position to give a decent answer.

I recommend using the ITF Pro Circuit website, where you can view early entry lists for each event. There's a futures sub-forum on MTF as well which also has valuable information.

With regards to Peliwo, I share your love of him. I'm a straight male, and I'm younger than him, too. In all seriousness, he's awesome, isn't he?

I talked to him on twitter about two weeks ago, and he said his next stop would be in Israel. I've noticed that you guys have been communicating with him, too!
hey there! You're welcome here any time.

Thanks A LOT for "intruding" and helping me out. I have fallen in love with the kid during the last 4 hours. It's almost absurd.

He seems like a really great kid. When did you first notice him?
Old 10-14-2012, 04:47 PM   #653
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

Quote:

There's no intrusion here! The more the merrier.

But, there's no way I'm going to Israel for him!

I've been thinking of going to a challenger in the U.S. just for the experience. I'll check out the the website you suggested. Thanks.

Edit: But just interested --- how did you stumble across this discussion?
Old 10-14-2012, 04:49 PM   #654
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Actually, Filip is about the same age Nole was back then.

Still, my passion for Nole in 2007 >>>>> mine for Filip right now. We need time, him and I. So I don't think my influence can be as great as it was with Nole.

hey there! You're welcome here any time.

Thanks A LOT for "intruding" and helping me out. I have fallen in love with the kid during the last 4 hours. It's almost absurd.

He seems like a really great kid. When did you first notice him?
I first noticed him last year. He was starting to make waves in the junior game, but he was nothing more than a name on a screen to me back then.

I first saw him play in the Aussie Open final this year, and that's when I really took notice.

It's the fan interaction that is great, to be honest. I love it how I can send a tweet and he'll most likely reply with a great answer that's either funny or insightful.
The Prince is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-14-2012, 04:50 PM   #655
country flag arm

star you must pick one that Filip attends! Lee is going to be excited that we both joined the Canadian force (or that we are considering it)
Old 10-14-2012, 04:50 PM   #656
country flag IncrediBale

IncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond repute

What are yours twitters? George,star,Raquel
#20 #9 #1 #3Forever loving Noleta
IncrediBale is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-14-2012, 04:51 PM   #657
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

Quote:
star you must pick one that Filip attends! Lee is going to be excited that we both joined the Canadian force (or that we are considering it)
As for me, I'm just having fun. He seems like a nice kid, but I haven't seen his game so I can't really decide on him.

Maybe he'll get a WC for IW. That would be good.
Old 10-14-2012, 04:52 PM   #658
country flag arm

Quote:
I first noticed him last year. He was starting to make waves in the junior game, but he was nothing more than a name on a screen to me back then.

I first saw him play in the Aussie Open final this year, and that's when I really took notice.

It's the fan interaction that is great, to be honest. I love it how I can send a tweet and he'll most likely reply with a great answer that's either funny or insightful.
This is What I was saying! The interaction that you get with lower ranked players... so amazing!

And he seems really bright. Ok, I will admit, he is easy on the eyes as well. But not in an obvious way, it's similar to Nole, not an obvious beauty but when you appreciate it, you really do.
Old 10-14-2012, 04:53 PM   #659
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncrediBale View Post
Mine is secret. It's only for fanning. I don't want followers.
Old 10-14-2012, 04:54 PM   #660
country flag arm

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncrediBale View Post
I will PM you later from computer.

Quote:
As for me, I'm just having fun. He seems like a nice kid, but I haven't seen his game so I can't really decide on him.

Maybe he'll get a WC for IW. That would be good.
BTW, I need to discuss ideas and arguments for the next tournament I attend. Between MC amd Rome.
Closed Thread