Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2) - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 09:20 PM   #46
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey Feldman View Post
Suits about the lawyers

we know someone who loves it too - also because of the main characters

i just watched football, did you know Portugal won 2-1 in Lux, and have more of it to come.... plus Sharapova v Aza - deep into the final set

other than that i'm feeling a bit unwell tonight, i over ate at dinner
Who else likes suits?

Portugal played so bad, Mikey. Disgraceful. Still, 3 points is what we needed. Imagine Portugal no qualifying for the world cup IN BRAZIL!!

What did you have for dinner? Coke with maltesers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
I said Arizona is Republican territory, a bit different from Arizona is Republican, you know.
You know what I meant.

Quote:
The presidential election is quite complicated in US, I have to admit. Base on population, each state has a certain number of electoral votes for president. Click the following link

http://www.worldatlas.com/webimage/c...s/electorl.gif

Each voter in each state will pick a candidate and whoever wins the popular votes in each state will have all the electoral vote from that state. Therefore, it is possible the candidate winning the overall popular votes may not be the president, like Al Gore's lost to George W. Bush in 2000.
I understand it now. But why is it this way? wouldn't it just be simpler to count all votes and see who got more?
arm is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2012, 09:34 PM   #47
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
You know what I meant.
I know what you mean. But as I said, there is a difference since I recently point out to BJ in the other thread the problem with generalisation, calling all Albertans redneck. Not all Arizonians are Republicans.

Quote:
I understand it now. But why is it this way? wouldn't it just be simpler to count all votes and see who got more?
Don't know. This one you really need star to answer.
Lee is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-07-2012, 09:36 PM   #48
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2)

Quote:
I know what you mean. But as I said, there is a difference since I recently point out to BJ in the other thread the problem with generalisation, calling all Albertans redneck. Not all Arizonians are Republicans.

Don't know. This one you really need star to answer.
But I did not generalize. I just use crappy phrasing. I know nothing about it how would I even dare claim whole Arizona is Republican?

Don't lecture me I might be your vkid but I am big now
Old 09-07-2012, 09:43 PM   #49
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

My mom still lecture me and my brother and sister.
Old 09-07-2012, 09:49 PM   #50
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinny View Post
Star is totally suspicious, as she should be as a lawyer (right?). She won't play DS with me !
Do I need to clarify my drawing more?
Old 09-07-2012, 09:51 PM   #51
country flag arm

Quote:
My mom still lecture me and my brother and sister.
And I still lecture my mom too!
Old 09-07-2012, 10:44 PM   #52
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

In case Jess miss this in GM

Mario Ancic in Columbia University
Old 09-07-2012, 10:46 PM   #53
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I can explain this, but your eyes will glaze over.

Let me get you a link.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elector...(United_States)

Although the majority of Americans want to get rid of this system which is rooted in our past and our forefather's fear of unbridled democracy preferring instead a republican form of government, there are strong interests who want the system to continue. These are mainly the states with a large number of electoral votes because they get a lot of power, and also the national parties who are always afraid change will hurt them and favor the other party. We've had a few presidents who were minority presidents. The problem is that it discourages voter turn out. For instance it makes no difference how I vote. My state will be Republican no matter what I or my neighbors do. We are a small enclave of democrats in this state.
star is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-07-2012, 10:48 PM   #54
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey Feldman View Post
oh new thread, this is why it was quiet in the old thread

did you like Aisha, Raquel? the little lion cub

she bites star's fingers when she's on laptop
She's been good during the summer --- probably my fingers are in danger again in the winter when she wants to cuddle.
Old 09-07-2012, 10:53 PM   #55
country flag arm

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
I can explain this, but your eyes will glaze over.

Let me get you a link.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elector...(United_States)

Although the majority of Americans want to get rid of this system which is rooted in our past and our forefather's fear of unbridled democracy preferring instead a republican form of government, there are strong interests who want the system to continue. These are mainly the states with a large number of electoral votes because they get a lot of power, and also the national parties who are always afraid change will hurt them and favor the other party. We've had a few presidents who were minority presidents. The problem is that it discourages voter turn out. For instance it makes no difference how I vote. My state will be Republican no matter what I or my neighbors do. We are a small enclave of democrats in this state.
But this comes to show that definitively this system makes absolutely no sense! 1 person, 1 vote, should mean the same whether it was in California or in West Virginia!! It's like saying California should have a bigger say in how the country is governed.

Am I bothering you with this? I don't want to.

But like that, you just told me you're a democrat. Do people make a big secrecy out of it, or on the other hand? Because here in Portugal most of the times, you do not openly support a certain party, you just vote according to the exact same person who is running. I know my mother has voted for 3 different parties from extreme right to middle left!

I know we have had this discussion before , but american politics are just so strange and facsinating at the same time.
Old 09-07-2012, 10:54 PM   #56
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

Quote:
In case Jess miss this in GM

Mario Ancic in Columbia University

Great read!

I can already see Jess hanging out at Columbia.
Old 09-07-2012, 10:56 PM   #57
country flag arm

Are there any states that normally always go for Democrats? I mean like Arizona or Utah but the other way around.
Old 09-07-2012, 11:01 PM   #58
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

Quote:
But this comes to show that definitively this system makes absolutely no sense! 1 person, 1 vote, should mean the same whether it was in California or in West Virginia!! It's like saying California should have a bigger say in how the country is governed.

Am I bothering you with this? I don't want to.

But like that, you just told me you're a democrat. Do people make a big secrecy out of it, or on the other hand? Because here in Portugal most of the times, you do not openly support a certain party, you just vote according to the exact same person who is running. I know my mother has voted for 3 different parties from extreme right to middle left!

I know we have had this discussion before , but american politics are just so strange and facsinating at the same time.
You can vote however you want. It depends on a lot of things. Some people switch between parties quite a bit, but others do not. The main difference here is that there is no provision for one party to be in power. The President can be from a different party than the majority that runs the congress. Usually people tend to support one party rather than the other. In Moab, we have non-partisan local elections for city and county government. I like that. There's a proposition on the ballot this year to go back to partisan elections.

People are pretty open about their party affiliations, but on the other hand people tend to avoid discussions of politics to avoid hard feelings and animosity. I have a good friend who is a Republican. But at least he didnt' vote for George W. the second time. I think he also voted for Obama. His wife is a staunch Democrat so maybe she's finally having some influence on him. Neither of us can understand how such a good person can be a Republican.
Old 09-07-2012, 11:05 PM   #59
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

Quote:
Are there any states that normally always go for Democrats? I mean like Arizona or Utah but the other way around.
Mass is generally democrat.

fewer states are most often democrat. Southern states used to be solidly democratic, but that was a hold over from the Civil War. Abraham Lincoln was a Republican and the Republicans controlled the government in the aftermath of the war. Voting democrat was a way of voting against the government and it stayed that way until the civil rights movement in the 1950s and 60s. At that time the southern states begin to have more republicans because the northern democrats supported civil rights. The trend continued because southerners tend to be conservative and today, the south is generally republican.
Old 09-07-2012, 11:07 PM   #60
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

Ciao for now.

Mikey I hope you feel better tomorrow and don't have a heart attack.
Closed Thread