Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2) - Page 35 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 02:01 PM   #511
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2)

Good luck Jess

October 22 for me. Jury duty. Before I was excused because I was not a citizen yet. Hubby was summoned earlier in spring. Here, you called a phone number after working hour the day before and check if you need to show up. He needed not show up last time. Hope I am as lucky but I am not feeling lucky lately Anyway, it's the city court so nothing serious, right?

Hubby's college's wife never responded to all her jury duty summons and so far, no police showed up in her door step
Lee is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2012, 03:00 PM   #512
country flag Gi.Kodaly

Gi.Kodaly has a reputation beyond reputeGi.Kodaly has a reputation beyond reputeGi.Kodaly has a reputation beyond reputeGi.Kodaly has a reputation beyond reputeGi.Kodaly has a reputation beyond reputeGi.Kodaly has a reputation beyond reputeGi.Kodaly has a reputation beyond reputeGi.Kodaly has a reputation beyond reputeGi.Kodaly has a reputation beyond reputeGi.Kodaly has a reputation beyond reputeGi.Kodaly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2)

I don't usually post here, but I wanted to share that I bought my ticket to see Nole in Rio in November! I'm so happy!
Gi.Kodaly is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-25-2012, 05:24 PM   #513
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
Good luck Jess

October 22 for me. Jury duty. Before I was excused because I was not a citizen yet. Hubby was summoned earlier in spring. Here, you called a phone number after working hour the day before and check if you need to show up. He needed not show up last time. Hope I am as lucky but I am not feeling lucky lately Anyway, it's the city court so nothing serious, right?

Hubby's college's wife never responded to all her jury duty summons and so far, no police showed up in her door step
I remember in Houston that when people didn't show up for jury duty mostly nothing happened, but if it was a busy day for juries, and they were looking to run short, they sent out deputies to pick up people.

I like the phone call ideal When cases are settled as they often are just before trial, there's no reason to make a citizen trek down to the courthouse.
star is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-25-2012, 05:47 PM   #514
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gi.Kodaly View Post
I don't usually post here, but I wanted to share that I bought my ticket to see Nole in Rio in November! I'm so happy!

Nole is one of the guys that makes exho enjoyable.
Old 09-25-2012, 05:52 PM   #515
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post

I like the phone call ideal When cases are settled as they often are just before trial, there's no reason to make a citizen trek down to the courthouse.
Yes. It's city court for me in downtown Scottsdale which is at the opposite diagonal end from my home. So if I show up and they don't need me, I would have wasted 2 hours driving.
Old 09-25-2012, 06:51 PM   #516
country flag savesthedizzle
#freeviktor

savesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
Every state does it a little differently. Some states you only go to be picked for one trial and if you aren't picked you go home. This seems most sensible to me. In other states, if you aren't picked you return to the jury pool and get called and called until you are picked or until the time period for you duty is up.

I've been on three juries. I think there is something about my profile that is ambiguous and makes both sides want me. In Houston, I got picked every time I was called except one time, and that was a civil trial. The other times were criminal trials. Nothing was serious. No really long trials. One was 2 days.

I think it's good for everyone to be involved in the justice system. It's serious, but it's not intimidating.

Also the chances of your being picked aren't great.
The chances of my being picked actually seemed pretty good I went at 8:30 as directed, had my little orientation since I wasn't there yesterday. They only called in about 50 people that weren't there already yesterday. 2 of the judges with trials already had their juries, so they just went in, and the third was still selecting theirs, but they never took anyone else in. THEN luckily the rest of the cases for the day were settled So they sent us home at noon instead of sending us to lunch

But I probably still have to go back tomorrow and Thursday until I'm used for one of these shindigs. All I did today was watch Let's Make a Deal and The Price is Right which is probs what I would have done at home anyway

savesthedizzle is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-25-2012, 06:54 PM   #517
#freeviktor

savesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond repute

We have to call the night before to see if we're needed also Or you can check online. The first day they only called jurors up until #360 or so, and I'm #412. For today they called to #420 (SO CLOSE!) I'm pretty sure I'll be called back again tomorrow unless there aren't any new cases.

The main bummer, is that there were no average looking to hot looking men in the assembly room *sigh* Come on NJ, if you're going to call me for jury duty, can you pick a man under 30 also? IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK? There were all OLLLLLLD men and mostly older women too, but maybe 4-5 other women around my age. *sigh* I could have used that 3 hours to get my flirt on

Old 09-25-2012, 07:36 PM   #518
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

We can check online too and it's only for one day. The juror's number is a 9 digit numbers and I took a look on the online site the other day, it was like if your number ended with certain numbers, you have to show up, otherwise, no.

No eye candy for Jess

btw, I didn't see anymore FB flirting by Jess. What's up?
Old 09-25-2012, 08:52 PM   #519
#freeviktor

I didn't go to our reunion so I guess his interest is over

Plus I saw on FB that he's quitting smoking which means that he was previously a smoker, and that is gross so I wouldn't have wanted to date him anyway

Old 09-27-2012, 06:50 PM   #520
country flag IncrediBale

IncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond repute

Guess who will go to Djoko exho in Bratislava?
#20 #9 #1 #3Forever loving Noleta
IncrediBale is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-27-2012, 07:33 PM   #521
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Mikey!

and

star is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-27-2012, 10:54 PM   #522
#freeviktor

As promised, me and the pup in our Nole shirts

Old 09-28-2012, 02:12 AM   #523
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by savesthedizzle View Post
As promised, me and the pup in our Nole shirts

Nole
Old 09-28-2012, 02:13 AM   #524
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncrediBale View Post
Guess who will go to Djoko exho in Bratislava?
When?

So many exhos for Nole
Old 09-28-2012, 02:15 AM   #525
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

I just remembered hubby will be on his way back from India on October 22nd. So if I am really get called for jury duty, I don't know what to do with Jr.'s transportation.
Closed Thread