Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2) - Page 287 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2012, 10:18 PM   #4291
country flag savesthedizzle
#freeviktor

savesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
My theory is that all Fed fans must be pretending.

Why the tiny hats?

Anyway, It so nuts about opening the stores early. But it must be because retailers think they can make more money like that. Surely the customers who wait at midnight would also wait at 10 a.m.
No clue

It's silly. In my store they made us be there 1 hr before the store even opened, which is silly. Usually we come 30 min early. Then from 6-7 not a single person walked in my store because the rest of our strip center still wasn't open from 7-8 one person came in and slowly shopped around for an hour, she wasn't done til after 8, so for the first 2 hours they had us open WE MADE NO MONEY The GAP opened at 8, so then at least one store was open. Our strip center doesn't open early because people don't come to our type of center early, they go to where there's a Kohls or Sears or something... Target, Walmart, etc. We have none of that. We have J.Crew and Talbots and Coach, Ann Taylor, Coldwater Creek, etc No one is giving away like cheap TVs at 2 am in my center so no one comes there til after they do all their crazy shopping.

So for us to open early is silly, but they always insist we do it. It's their payroll We didn't get "busy" til about 11 am.

savesthedizzle is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2012, 10:22 PM   #4292
#freeviktor

savesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2)

OH! I GET THE TINY HATS

They are pilgrims

Old 11-23-2012, 10:24 PM   #4293
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by savesthedizzle View Post
No clue

It's silly. In my store they made us be there 1 hr before the store even opened, which is silly. Usually we come 30 min early. Then from 6-7 not a single person walked in my store because the rest of our strip center still wasn't open from 7-8 one person came in and slowly shopped around for an hour, she wasn't done til after 8, so for the first 2 hours they had us open WE MADE NO MONEY The GAP opened at 8, so then at least one store was open. Our strip center doesn't open early because people don't come to our type of center early, they go to where there's a Kohls or Sears or something... Target, Walmart, etc. We have none of that. We have J.Crew and Talbots and Coach, Ann Taylor, Coldwater Creek, etc No one is giving away like cheap TVs at 2 am in my center so no one comes there til after they do all their crazy shopping.

So for us to open early is silly, but they always insist we do it. It's their payroll We didn't get "busy" til about 11 am.
It's the corporate thing. They make all the stores open early because some of the stores are open early and get overflow from the big box stores. They don't bother to look at it on a case by case basis. As you say, it's their payroll, but it always pisses me off that employees get blamed for not being good workers or are the ones who pay the price by losing their jobs when managers make stupid decision. I read some crazy figures about how top managers incomes have increased vs. the line employees. IT's now 300 times greater. The CEOs take almost no personal hit for poor management decisions.
star is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-23-2012, 10:25 PM   #4294
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
OH! I GET THE TINY HATS

They are pilgrims

I guess inflation has affected head size too!
Old 11-23-2012, 10:26 PM   #4295
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/p/home...=9780641815577

This is so cool. Almost makes me want to be a grown up to own a house just to get this.
arm is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-23-2012, 10:39 PM   #4296
#freeviktor

Quote:
It's the corporate thing. They make all the stores open early because some of the stores are open early and get overflow from the big box stores. They don't bother to look at it on a case by case basis. As you say, it's their payroll, but it always pisses me off that employees get blamed for not being good workers or are the ones who pay the price by losing their jobs when managers make stupid decision. I read some crazy figures about how top managers incomes have increased vs. the line employees. IT's now 300 times greater. The CEOs take almost no personal hit for poor management decisions.
My district manager has the power to say when we're going to open even if the rest of the company was opening at 6 or earlier, but she's new and doesn't have the guts

Old 11-23-2012, 10:51 PM   #4297
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

Quote:
My district manager has the power to say when we're going to open even if the rest of the company was opening at 6 or earlier, but she's new and doesn't have the guts
How many employees were on the payroll during the time you made no sales?
Old 11-23-2012, 10:52 PM   #4298
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/p/home...=9780641815577

This is so cool. Almost makes me want to be a grown up to own a house just to get this.
It's cool, but aren't you a grown up already?
The Prince is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-23-2012, 10:55 PM   #4299
#freeviktor

Quote:
How many employees were on the payroll during the time you made no sales?
Just me and one other girl from 5-8, and then another girl til about 8:30 when we made our first sale. I figured out the pay, it's a little bit less than $100. Pennies to them

I didn't mind not having anyone giving me problems for 3 hours, but I could have been sleeping

Old 11-23-2012, 10:55 PM   #4300
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Don't know if that will work for you. You might not like this tho.

This song has a country feel to it, but she's definitely not a country artist. A contestant sang the song on the Voice.
I love this song,,,

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
Not as good as my Brutus' pics

Quote:

Because in this insane country people think it's necessary to go out shopping at the crack of dawn the day after Thanksgiving

So I had to be at work at 5 am, my store opened at 6 am. Retail

I'm one of the lucky ones, some stores opened at midnight, and some at 8pm or 9pm yesterday (ruining the holiday for those poor workers).
I don't understand why people do that

So here in the valley, this guy camped out of best buy for almost a week so he could buy a 40" Tv for $147 or $174. Yesterday, he bought a whole buffet of Thanksgiving foods like pumpkin pie, mashed sweet potatoes and even a propane turkey fryer to fry a turkey to share with everyone there. I doubt the money he saved on the TV would cover the food cost.
Lee is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-23-2012, 11:09 PM   #4301
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
I love this song,,,

Not as good as my Brutus' pics

I don't understand why people do that

So here in the valley, this guy camped out of best buy for almost a week so he could buy a 40" Tv for $147 or $174. Yesterday, he bought a whole buffet of Thanksgiving foods like pumpkin pie, mashed sweet potatoes and even a propane turkey fryer to fry a turkey to share with everyone there. I doubt the money he saved on the TV would cover the food cost.

That was really nice of him, but you've got to wonder at his reasoning.

Few things are as good as Brutus pics.

I read that Grace Potter was touring in Europe when her twitter feed started going crazy. She was taken aback.
Old 11-23-2012, 11:09 PM   #4302
#freeviktor

So silly

I don't understand the people who camped out all week here.. because like... ITS COLD. I wouldn't freeze my butt off for a cheap TV... though then I'd be home sick for a week to watch it

Old 11-23-2012, 11:13 PM   #4303
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

It's nice camping out here as overnight low is around 50-60 these days and they actually have TVs with them
Old 11-23-2012, 11:15 PM   #4304
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

Quote:
So silly

I don't understand the people who camped out all week here.. because like... ITS COLD. I wouldn't freeze my butt off for a cheap TV... though then I'd be home sick for a week to watch it
I can understand it when they otherwise couldn't afford it or when it means extra things otherwise for their families.

But, when people lose sight of priorities and actually knock people over etc.. it's gone too far.
Old 11-23-2012, 11:18 PM   #4305
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

83° right now. What's wrong with the weather I want WINTER!!!!!
Closed Thread