Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2) - Page 279 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2012, 06:47 AM   #4171
country flag Chirag
Federer fan forever

Chirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
Hopefully I will get some votes. But I kind of want TSD in the latter stages. So I'm happy for him to win.

I have plenty of years ahead of me for ACC. I fear his retirement (permaban) is coming soon. This is his chance.
you dont even deserve to be in the ACC
Chirag is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2012, 01:42 PM   #4172
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by savesthedizzle View Post
I think I am going to go to the movies with my mom tomorrow We will probably go see Lincoln
Did you see Lincoln?

I'd like to know what you think of it. I wonder if DDLewis looks gaunt enough to play Lincoln.

I'm listening to a biography of Lincoln now, and I have Doris Kearns Godwin's book Team of Rivals on the waiting list. Strange that such a long dead person can still stir the hearts of his countrymen. I wonder how foreigners view his strange face that seems so full of emotion to us.
star is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-21-2012, 01:48 PM   #4173
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
There is still a little geek inside me And I consider calling help desk a bigger PAIN IN THE YOU KNOW WHAT

That's what so lovely about Apple Care. It's like stepping into a lovely warm bath. The people are so nice and helpful, They don't make me feel stupid with a silly question, and when there is something truly serious, they do their best to sort it out and get others involved. When I had a PC the support was awful. Well, at the very beginning it was good, but then outsourcing happened, and it was soooo bad and got worse. Apple has only outsourced to Canada.
Old 11-21-2012, 02:46 PM   #4174
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post

That's what so lovely about Apple Care. It's like stepping into a lovely warm bath. The people are so nice and helpful, They don't make me feel stupid with a silly question, and when there is something truly serious, they do their best to sort it out and get others involved. When I had a PC the support was awful. Well, at the very beginning it was good, but then outsourcing happened, and it was soooo bad and got worse. Apple has only outsourced to Canada.
That's why people are so helpful because they are Canadians? But Apple makes it so difficult to start with. Some of the problems I encountered are not that difficult to be handled by the itune programs automatically.
Lee is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-21-2012, 02:48 PM   #4175
country flag savesthedizzle
#freeviktor

savesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Did you see Lincoln?

I'd like to know what you think of it. I wonder if DDLewis looks gaunt enough to play Lincoln.

I'm listening to a biography of Lincoln now, and I have Doris Kearns Godwin's book Team of Rivals on the waiting list. Strange that such a long dead person can still stir the hearts of his countrymen. I wonder how foreigners view his strange face that seems so full of emotion to us.
I liked it actually I didn't realize it was going to focus on a such a narrow time frame. It only is about 3-4 months in 1865 when he's trying to get the votes to pass the 13th amendment. And that's the focus too, just how he goes about getting the votes. You don't see Gettysburg, you just see the effect that the Gettysburg address had on inspiring the troops, etc. You don't see the Emancipation Proclamation happen, just him struggling with the legality of it as the push for why he had to get the 13th Amendment passed before the war ended.

I liked DDL in this role. I saw an interview with a Lincoln historian who thought his portrayal was very good. Apparently she wrote the book on Lincoln that Spielburg or someone read that inspired this movie to be made. She said the voice he did for Lincoln was probably close to accurate because he was supposed to have had a high pitched voice that could be heard above a crowd and she said the movie accurately portrayed that Lincoln actually had a sense of humor and told a lot of stories and stuff. I think it's a different side for sure. I'll be surprised if he isn't nominated/winning the Oscar, THOUGH let me just also say that they showed the full length trailer of Les Mis before this movie, and well.. the music of Les Mis can generally move me to tears anyway. I was about one minute away from straight up SOBBING during the trailer. I can honestly say that I think Les Miserables looks like one of the most amazing movies... and I usually HATE the recent musical into movie trend I was not incredibly fond of the Phantom of the Opera movie That film is going to win some stuff too if not absolutely everything. I am saying it here first, Best Actor may most likely be a Jean Valjean-Abraham Lincoln battle

My dad had wanted to see this movie because I think he thought it would show battles and more of the Civil War... but it really is more the politics of the whole thing... so my dad would have hated it. If you're interested in seeing a political history movie, then go see it, but if you're looking for like an epic drama... it's not that. It's really about how Lincoln promised positions to congressmen who weren't reelected if they went against the Democrat party and voted for the amendment. There are a lot of characters and moving pieces and it's not necessarily important to even know everyone's names, but that would have bothered my dad because he would have been like "Wait, who's he?" and I'd just have to be like "SHUSH. SOME CONGRESSMAN. NAME NOT IMPORTANT RIGHT NOW". If you know Lincoln, and Seward and that other people are just other people doing certain other things... that's enough

savesthedizzle is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-21-2012, 02:49 PM   #4176
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Did you see Lincoln?

I saw Adam Levine's tweet the other day that DDLewis looked more like Lincoln in the movie than Lincoln himself.
Old 11-21-2012, 02:58 PM   #4177
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirag View Post
you dont even deserve to be in the ACC
Probably not.
The Prince is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-21-2012, 03:38 PM   #4178
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

Quote:
That's why people are so helpful because they are Canadians? But Apple makes it so difficult to start with. Some of the problems I encountered are not that difficult to be handled by the itune programs automatically.
You are obviously talking way above my head.

They have USians too, but sometimes I get a Canadian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by savesthedizzle View Post
I liked it actually I didn't realize it was going to focus on a such a narrow time frame. It only is about 3-4 months in 1865 when he's trying to get the votes to pass the 13th amendment. And that's the focus too, just how he goes about getting the votes. You don't see Gettysburg, you just see the effect that the Gettysburg address had on inspiring the troops, etc. You don't see the Emancipation Proclamation happen, just him struggling with the legality of it as the push for why he had to get the 13th Amendment passed before the war ended.

I liked DDL in this role. I saw an interview with a Lincoln historian who thought his portrayal was very good. Apparently she wrote the book on Lincoln that Spielburg or someone read that inspired this movie to be made. She said the voice he did for Lincoln was probably close to accurate because he was supposed to have had a high pitched voice that could be heard above a crowd and she said the movie accurately portrayed that Lincoln actually had a sense of humor and told a lot of stories and stuff. I think it's a different side for sure. I'll be surprised if he isn't nominated/winning the Oscar, THOUGH let me just also say that they showed the full length trailer of Les Mis before this movie, and well.. the music of Les Mis can generally move me to tears anyway. I was about one minute away from straight up SOBBING during the trailer. I can honestly say that I think Les Miserables looks like one of the most amazing movies... and I usually HATE the recent musical into movie trend I was not incredibly fond of the Phantom of the Opera movie That film is going to win some stuff too if not absolutely everything. I am saying it here first, Best Actor may most likely be a Jean Valjean-Abraham Lincoln battle

My dad had wanted to see this movie because I think he thought it would show battles and more of the Civil War... but it really is more the politics of the whole thing... so my dad would have hated it. If you're interested in seeing a political history movie, then go see it, but if you're looking for like an epic drama... it's not that. It's really about how Lincoln promised positions to congressmen who weren't reelected if they went against the Democrat party and voted for the amendment. There are a lot of characters and moving pieces and it's not necessarily important to even know everyone's names, but that would have bothered my dad because he would have been like "Wait, who's he?" and I'd just have to be like "SHUSH. SOME CONGRESSMAN. NAME NOT IMPORTANT RIGHT NOW". If you know Lincoln, and Seward and that other people are just other people doing certain other things... that's enough
I knew it was about the passage of the 13th amendment and mostly a talky movie. My grandfather loved Lincoln, and as a child I got told a lot of Lincoln jokes and pithy sayings, so I knew about that at an early age. I think one of my reasons for avoiding the Civil War and Lincoln in my college studies was because of this early overload. "Oh no, Grandpa! Not Lincoln again!" But, when the Ken Burns documentary on the Civil War came out, I got interested, and began doing a lot of reading, and in my usual obsessive compulsive way, kind of overdid it. Anyway, I always cry when Lincoln dies no matter how many times I read about it.

I know Rafa will be THRILLED with the Les Mis movie. He's probably trying to get an early DVD of it right now.

Quote:
I saw Adam Levine's tweet the other day that DDLewis looked more like Lincoln in the movie than Lincoln himself.
Yeah.

What a Hollywood kind of statement. Never change, Adam.
Old 11-22-2012, 05:38 PM   #4179
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

Happy Birthday to the best vmom ever!!

I love you!
arm is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-22-2012, 05:39 PM   #4180
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

Also happy thanksgiving, my dear Americans
arm is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-22-2012, 05:49 PM   #4181
country flag IncrediBale

IncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond repute

Happy birthday Lee
#20 #9 #1 #3Forever loving Noleta
IncrediBale is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-22-2012, 06:10 PM   #4182
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

Happy birthday Lee, best wishes.

Happy thanksgiving, as well.
Old 11-22-2012, 06:36 PM   #4183
country flag The Prince

Dom, I think I might buy some tickets for MUSE, next summer. They go on sale tomorrow morning.
Old 11-22-2012, 06:59 PM   #4184
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

I hear the WHOLE COUNTRY is celebrating your birthday, Lee.
Old 11-22-2012, 07:34 PM   #4185
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
Happy Birthday to the best vmom ever!!

I love you!
Thanks Raquel xoxoxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncrediBale View Post
Happy birthday Lee
Thanks Dom! don't drive too fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
Happy birthday Lee, best wishes.

Happy thanksgiving, as well.
Thanks George!

Quote:

Soooo cute!!!!

Quote:
I hear the WHOLE COUNTRY is celebrating your birthday, Lee.
Yes! Everyone stay home celebrating that I can't have a romantic dinner out on my birthday
Closed Thread