Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2) - Page 207 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2012, 12:50 AM   #3091
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2)

Bedtime for me. You too George.

Lee
arm is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2012, 12:55 AM   #3092
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
Thanks! She is the most optimistic person I know and always laughing, so I know she will be good. And Henry is a great guy, all the kids love him. He is like a big kid when he's with the young ones but very mature among adults.
That's reassuring to hear.

That sounds like exactly the model that I should aim to fit into, being a big brother to younger children but also nearly a grown-up. Sadly I fail miserably.
The Prince is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-10-2012, 12:56 AM   #3093
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
Bedtime for me. You too George.

Lee
Okay, if you say so.

Goodnight Raquel and Lee
Old 11-10-2012, 02:44 AM   #3094
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
Once a long time ago, I was CORRECTED by this one poster when I said "am I not?" he goodrep me saying "aren't I" was the correct form. And ever since then I have heard or read it in many places.

"Aren't I?" is colloquial, but not correct. As a child I was forbidden to say, "Aren't I?" even though other children did. I always had to say "Am I not?" I broke this habit when I was grown up because people tend to think it is stuffy. Generally, I avoid the expression because it causes me too much dissonance.

Quote:
Jr.'s Godparents contact info is in my laptop. His godmother has thyroid cancer and had surgery today. Now I can't contact them

Steal the hard drive and take it to a computer repair shop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
That's reassuring to hear.

That sounds like exactly the model that I should aim to fit into, being a big brother to younger children but also nearly a grown-up. Sadly I fail miserably.
Of course. You aren't a grown up yet. You can't expect not to be a kid. And anyway that growing up business is a process -- and most of us have to work on it all our lives.

Raquel, hčre is a website that explains a lot of it. Really the Canadians were heroes who risked their lives, and that doesn't come through in the movie. This link will explain a lot of it. There are other things I am still not sure about in the movie as well. Scroll down in this link to "historical inaccuracies" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argo_(2012_film)

Here is another article as well. It brings out some other facts. http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/...eck_movie.html

The movie was good and thrilling even though I had already read a whole book about it. The book was good too, and very tense.

It's sort of like the broad outlines of the story were correct, but all the details are made up.
star is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-10-2012, 04:33 PM   #3095
country flag The Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
Of course. You aren't a grown up yet. You can't expect not to be a kid. And anyway that growing up business is a process -- and most of us have to work on it all our lives.
Yup. I agree with you. Being a kid at 17, with some responsibility, is far different to being a kid at 13, with little or no responsibility. So it reflects the growing up process, as you say.

I think age is often misinterpreted, though. People who are a little older than others aren't necessarily more mature. For instance my brother who is 20, is far less mature and responsible than me, even though he is three-and-a-half years older than me.
Old 11-10-2012, 04:35 PM   #3096
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

So my laptop has the same problem as the playstation earlier this year. It got overheat, the motherboard short circuit. So hubby left it on and let it ran overnight without the cooling fan, the circuit re-connected and it's now running. Now, hubby is planning for my new desktop and I am planning the backup and moving everything to a new desktop once it's over.
Lee is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-10-2012, 05:08 PM   #3097
country flag The Prince

That's often a wise solution.

My PlayStation 3 stopped working temporarily earlier this year, and I googled what the problem was, and the consensus was that I should take it in for repair. I couldn't really be bothered to to that, and took it apart myself and vacuumed it, which apparently helps to stop it overhearing. It's worked fine ever since.
Old 11-10-2012, 05:19 PM   #3098
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yup. I agree with you. Being a kid at 17, with some responsibility, is far different to being a kid at 13, with little or no responsibility. So it reflects the growing up process, as you say.

I think age is often misinterpreted, though. People who are a little older than others aren't necessarily more mature. For instance my brother who is 20, is far less mature and responsible than me, even though he is three-and-a-half years older than me.
I agree with you completely. Some people never grow up. I think these people cause a lot of damage to others in their lives. There's nothing sadder than a 40 year old person who failed to grow up and take responsibility for him/herself and others. You seem to want to mature and grow, and that's a good thing right there.

Quote:
So my laptop has the same problem as the playstation earlier this year. It got overheat, the motherboard short circuit. So hubby left it on and let it ran overnight without the cooling fan, the circuit re-connected and it's now running. Now, hubby is planning for my new desktop and I am planning the backup and moving everything to a new desktop once it's over.

Hubby did good.

I hope you managed to get in touch with your loved ones.
Old 11-10-2012, 05:31 PM   #3099
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That's often a wise solution.

My PlayStation 3 stopped working temporarily earlier this year, and I googled what the problem was, and the consensus was that I should take it in for repair. I couldn't really be bothered to to that, and took it apart myself and vacuumed it, which apparently helps to stop it overhearing. It's worked fine ever since.
Yes, you can go online and find out how to fix most of the electronic equipment these days. Hubby used it to fix the PS3 to the point that he could transfer everything from the old to the new. And the TV and now my laptop

Quote:
I agree with you completely. Some people never grow up. I think these people cause a lot of damage to others in their lives. There's nothing sadder than a 40 year old person who failed to grow up and take responsibility for him/herself and others. You seem to want to mature and grow, and that's a good thing right there.

Hubby did good.

I hope you managed to get in touch with your loved ones.
I am busy backing everything up from my laptop but Jr's godfather is also on FB so I requested to add him last night and he accepted. I just sent him a message there. I don't want to call as she may be resting at home.
Old 11-10-2012, 05:38 PM   #3100
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

I'm sure that was best.

So I see Federer lost to Del Potro. Did you watch?

Also, this woman?

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...k-posting.html
Old 11-10-2012, 06:29 PM   #3101
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Quote:
I'm sure that was best.

So I see Federer lost to Del Potro. Did you watch?
Too busy to watch but the TV was on so I knew the result. I haven't figure out all the dynamics of who will finish first in the group, blah, blah, blah though.

We have a police used a T-shirt with Obama's head image on it for target practise and post the t-shirt with bullet holes on it on his FB. Secret Service notified his department and he was suspended for a few days.

I am sure secret services is well aware of our talks of Obama here!
Old 11-10-2012, 06:37 PM   #3102
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

What a cool down we have!! Today's high will be lower than yesterday's low
Old 11-10-2012, 07:00 PM   #3103
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

So tired. And now a dead tennis match
arm is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-10-2012, 07:02 PM   #3104
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Raquel. But this will decide who Nole will play in SF. I don't really care though.
Old 11-10-2012, 07:08 PM   #3105
country flag The Prince

Quote:
Most people eventually reach emotional equilibrium. It just takes longer for some. I'm sure once (or if ) he gets his degree, he'll realise that he needs to take a bit more care. In the last month, he's lost his phone and laptop, not very responsible at all.

I'm not sure about the grow part. I'm kinda happy as I am right now. I'd be pretty comfortable staying this age for a while.

Quote:
Yes, you can go online and find out how to fix most of the electronic equipment these days. Hubby used it to fix the PS3 to the point that he could transfer everything from the old to the new. And the TV and now my laptop
The internet is great for these things. It would help if they didn't get problems in the first place. I should be thankful, though, that I don't own an Xbox which I've heard breaks very often.
Closed Thread