Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2) - Page 205 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 11:26 PM   #3061
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
My laptop went dead in the middle of Murray/tsonga stream. Keeping my fingers crossed that it's overheat.
the graphic card is dead. DEAD. My life is in the MS outlook and I am lost.
Lee is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2012, 11:26 PM   #3062
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
I suppose you are right. But, see. I get a lot of things wrong. A smart kid wouldn't do that.

I daren't ask… I'll leave it to you to tell me if you want to.
A for my first name, R for Raquel and M for my last name.

Quote:
Sorry.

Incidentally, when I read it back, that's what it sounded like to me. We haven't… yet. No doubt the fall cometh, so we'll enjoy it while it lasts.
You're quite an optimist, aren't you?

Quote:
Not yet. I get the feeling people think I'm a bit of a homo, though. I care very little, though.
who cares?

Quote:
Knowledgable, in certain subjects, maybe. Not smart, though.
I am going to memorize that and I am going to say it often from now on. When people mistakenly call me smart or similar

Quote:
But you are Ana too, no?

Ain't I clear?
I am indeed. But I eat too much chocolate sometimes

Which one it is? The right one? I am very confused.

Quote:
My laptop went dead in the middle of Murray/tsonga stream. Keeping my fingers crossed that it's overheat.
Was it? Is it working now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
Raquel, Argo is a good movie. Enjoy it, but it is a dramatization, and much of what is shown and done is false. I don't mind that, but at the end they sort of make it look like the truth. It angered Canadian and British diplomats. I had read a book about this episode so I spent the movie trying to remember the book and in a state of confusion. But the movie was good in and of itself, but I think at the end they should have said "we made up a lot of this. Take it with a grain of salt "
I loved the movie, just arrived home to read this. But how did they dramatize it? Do you know?

It's not like I didn't suspect it. I mean, the sequence of events at the airport is crazy.
arm is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-09-2012, 11:29 PM   #3063
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
the graphic card is dead. DEAD. My life is in the MS outlook and I am lost.
Oh no! I have no idea what you said but it sounds bad. You can't fix it? I believe in you!

My computer has returned from the dead twice, and it was the same thing, probably. Maybe there is something that can be done?
Old 11-09-2012, 11:32 PM   #3064
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Aren't is the contraction of Are not so it's wrong to write "Aren't I clear?" "Am I not clear?" is the correct one but we usually use the contraction so it's "Ain't I clear?"
Old 11-09-2012, 11:32 PM   #3065
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
A for my first name, R for Raquel and M for my last name.
So Raquel is your middle name?

Quote:
You're quite an optimist, aren't you?
I am the ultimate pessimist. The gloomiest person on earth.

Quote:
who cares?
I care when these two weeks are up.

Quote:
I am going to memorize that and I am going to say it often from now on. When people mistakenly call me smart or similar
Sorry, I already copyrighted it. Try and be original, dear.
The Prince is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-09-2012, 11:36 PM   #3066
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Quote:
Oh no! I have no idea what you said but it sounds bad. You can't fix it? I believe in you!

My computer has returned from the dead twice, and it was the same thing, probably. Maybe there is something that can be done?
Hubby is trying his hand on it. I doubt. I mainly need to retrieve the data from the hard drive. We've been talking about hubby building a new desk top for me. Look like this speed up the decision. Still, I need to retrieve the data.
Old 11-09-2012, 11:39 PM   #3067
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Aren't is the contraction of Are not so it's wrong to write "Aren't I clear?" "Am I not clear?" is the correct one but we usually use the contraction so it's "Ain't I clear?"
English standards are slipping among native speakers sadly. Too many people are just muddling contractions up. It's something that really annoys me.
Old 11-09-2012, 11:42 PM   #3068
country flag arm

Quote:
Once a long time ago, I was CORRECTED by this one poster when I said "am I not?" he goodrep me saying "aren't I" was the correct form. And ever since then I have heard or read it in many places.

Quote:
So Raquel is your middle name?
Indeed. I may or may not have over 5 names...

Quote:
I am the ultimate pessimist. The gloomiest person on earth.
Except about tennis matches. And that optimism is what got you that avatar in the first place.

Quote:
Hubby is trying his hand on it. I doubt. I mainly need to retrieve the data from the hard drive. We've been talking about hubby building a new desk top for me. Look like this speed up the decision. Still, I need to retrieve the data.
You will retrieve the data.

I wish I had a hubby who would be a laptop too
Old 11-09-2012, 11:50 PM   #3069
country flag The Prince

Quote:
Indeed. I may or may not have over 5 names...
I actually contemplated using my middle name as well, but decided against it. I like my middle name, but it's not a suitable alias.

Five names? Jeez…

Quote:
Except about tennis matches. And that optimism is what got you that avatar in the first place.
Incorrect. That was my desire to have a bit of fun. Truth be told I wasn't optimistic at all. I'll get you back someday, though. Just you wait.
Old 11-09-2012, 11:50 PM   #3070
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Quote:
Once a long time ago, I was CORRECTED by this one poster when I said "am I not?" he goodrep me saying "aren't I" was the correct form. And ever since then I have heard or read it in many places.
You better tell that poster he/she was wrong. Today, lots of posters thought their English are good but unfortunately, they are not, which is sad.

Quote:

You will retrieve the data.
I need it fast and hubby is not famous as being fast. But he has his hand on it now and It will be a very long time before I can get my hand on it or convince him we need outside help. I am leaving for Hong Kong in 3 weeks and all info is in my laptop.

Quote:

I wish I had a hubby who would be a laptop too
Even I can't translate this
Old 11-09-2012, 11:51 PM   #3071
country flag The Prince

I want to be a TV when I grow up…
Old 11-09-2012, 11:53 PM   #3072
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

George
Old 11-09-2012, 11:55 PM   #3073
country flag arm

Quote:
I actually contemplated using my middle name as well, but decided against it. I like my middle name, but it's not a suitable alias.

Five names? Jeez…

Incorrect. That was my desire to have a bit of fun. Truth be told I wasn't optimistic at all. I'll get you back someday, though. Just you wait.
6 names actually.

And... you wish.

Quote:
You better tell that poster he/she was wrong. Today, lots of posters thought their English are good but unfortunately, they are not, which is sad.
Banned.

Quote:
I need it fast and hubby is not famous as being fast. But he has his hand on it now and It will be a very long time before I can get my hand on it or convince him we need outside help. I am leaving for Hong Kong in 3 weeks and all info is in my laptop.

Even I can't translate this
I meant: "I wish I had a hubby who would buind me a laptop too".

Quote:
I want to be a TV when I grow up…
Old 11-10-2012, 12:00 AM   #3074
country flag The Prince

Quote:
George
Poor Raquel. We should be ashamed for making jokes and laughing at them at her expense… I feel so guilty…

Quote:
6 names actually.

And... you wish.
Six?! Even more shocking.

I will tempt you into something you won't be able to resist. Revenge is the sweetest feeling ever.

Quote:
Sorry, that joke had to be made, though.
Old 11-10-2012, 12:03 AM   #3075
country flag arm

Revenge is overrated really. I have 6 names and one is the name of a tree and the other an animal. All of this in portuguese, obviously.
Closed Thread