Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2) - Page 184 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 10:10 PM   #2746
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
Well, every time I've had Djokovic on the handicap, I've lost.
Oh, I see. He didn't beat the spread?
star is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2012, 10:11 PM   #2747
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
Take it. Joking. But will you consider the possibility of going to a Futures event next season?

But betting on Nole is good!
They are not very convenient for me.

I suppose the one in Austin is a possibility.

But, I hope Filip can move up to the challenger level.

Although honestly, I'm more likely to be an Alex fan.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:14 PM   #2748
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

I don't like betting below evens, and Nole is rarely above evens. So the handicap is the only option and I don't judge that well.
The Prince is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-05-2012, 10:15 PM   #2749
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah. I had -5.5, it was all over by the time the first set went to a breaker. Meant Nole needed to breadstick Tsonga to save me.

I'm not a bitter gambler, though. I blame myself, not the players.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:17 PM   #2750
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

Quote:
Yeah. I had -5.5, it was all over by the time the first set went to a breaker. Meant Nole needed to breadstick Tsonga to save me.

I'm not a bitter gambler, though. I blame myself, not the players.
Yeah, those gamblers in the betting lounge are insane. I remember Dylan. He would go batshit crazy over players when he lost.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:19 PM   #2751
country flag The Prince

Handicap betting is dangerous, though. Often players are absolutely content to just sit on one break. It's impossible to judge things like that even if there is a huge gulf in quality. Thought this was a decent attempt given Tsonga's been so-so lately.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:22 PM   #2752
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
They are not very convenient for me.

I suppose the one in Austin is a possibility.

But, I hope Filip can move up to the challenger level.

Although honestly, I'm more likely to be an Alex fan.
Why Alex over Filip?

Quote:
Handicap betting is dangerous, though. Often players are absolutely content to just sit on one break. It's impossible to judge things like that even if there is a huge gulf in quality. Thought this was a decent attempt given Tsonga's been so-so lately.
what is handicap betting?
arm is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-05-2012, 10:26 PM   #2753
country flag The Prince

Handicap betting is essentially where you add or take away games from each player's overall total. It's used to make better odds in matches that are going to be one sided.

So in this match. Djokovic won 13 games. Tsonga 9.

I had Djokovic -5.5 to beat Tsonga, but 7.5 is not bigger than 9, so I lost.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:26 PM   #2754
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

Quote:
Why Alex over Filip?
because Alex likes clay. I always like the clay guys. Normally my top favorite will be a clay player. Edberg was an exception.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:29 PM   #2755
country flag The Prince

I keep having to remind myself that I am breaking the law, though. I really shouldn't but I just can't stop doing it.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:30 PM   #2756
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

oh, because you are underage?

Really isn't the betting establishment breaking the law by not certifying that you are of age?
Old 11-05-2012, 10:31 PM   #2757
country flag The Prince

Yeah, technically you have to be 18. But my conscience is more or less clear. I'm sensible enough.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:33 PM   #2758
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

I've never had the desire to gamble. I've tried it, but it doesn't do anything for me. I don't feel the excitement and the rush that others get.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:34 PM   #2759
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Handicap betting is essentially where you add or take away games from each player's overall total. It's used to make better odds in matches that are going to be one sided.

So in this match. Djokovic won 13 games. Tsonga 9.

I had Djokovic -5.5 to beat Tsonga, but 7.5 is not bigger than 9, so I lost.
You expected Nole to win 5.5 more games than Tsonga? You silly boy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
because Alex likes clay. I always like the clay guys. Normally my top favorite will be a clay player. Edberg was an exception.
It's ok I had a feeling it was because of that. I will keep Filip for myself. And Lee.

Quote:
I keep having to remind myself that I am breaking the law, though. I really shouldn't but I just can't stop doing it.
I should do this too! Although I am pretty sure I will blow all the money in 7 days
arm is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-05-2012, 10:38 PM   #2760
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

Quote:

It's ok I had a feeling it was because of that. I will keep Filip for myself. And Lee.
I can have him as a secondary favorite.

Quote:
I should do this too! Although I am pretty sure I will blow all the money in 7 days
Lee is probably the best one to gamble. She's got a head for numbers, is very analytical, and doesn't let her emotions get in the way of picking winners.

But, the odds are set so that the betting establishment wins. I'm not gambling when it's not even odds for me to win.
Closed Thread