Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2) - Page 162 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2012, 11:09 PM   #2416
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
Gillou could still be in London as an alternate, I think, if he does the business this weekend.

If the stars align, maybe he could win it… I'm getting shivers just thinking about it.

I agree completely that it's awful. It's not so bad for me, I won't miss watching it, but for those in America, it makes things difficult.
I would like for Simon to make it there as a regular. But probably Llordra (Chinese Hating Bird Killer) will win.
star is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2012, 11:13 PM   #2417
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2)

Quote:
Gillou could still be in London as an alternate, I think, if he does the business this weekend.

If the stars align, maybe he could win it… I'm getting shivers just thinking about it.

I agree completely that it's awful. It's not so bad for me, I won't miss watching it, but for those in America, it makes things difficult.
I really wish Gillou wins it. And although I don't like Ferrer and deep down I really wish he doesn't win this, another side of me thinks it would be fair, and that he deserves it. :unusre:

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post

Very mean of you to say so!!

I do like a sweet, but in small doses. I generally like fruit or citrus tastes. I like apricots and peaches and grapefruits and lemons and oranges etc. Lime. I like lime deserts. I like pie. Mostly pie. But not if it is really sweet. When I bake, I reduce the sugar in the recipe. It tastes better I think. I don't like the sugar to overpower the flavor

But it's true that I rarely eat candy. I like sour candy or dark chocolate. I like ice cream if it isn't too sweet. I like toast with apricot jam or with some butter and honey. I like peanut butter on toast.
I asked you to name me desserts you like and you listed fruits. It's a good indicator. My cheesecake is strawberry cheesecake.

I could tell that you're nor a dessert addict. It's a good thing! Neither am I, tbh.. I am just a chocolate addict. That I really am.

A perfect meal for you would include what? Doesn't have to be your favorite dishes, just list me a really good meal that would make you happy. With starters, main and dessert.
arm is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-02-2012, 11:14 PM   #2418
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I would like for Simon to make it there as a regular. But probably Llordra (Chinese Hating Bird Killer) will win.
so true, though.
Old 11-02-2012, 11:17 PM   #2419
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

You think Llodra will win the title? I'd love to see that happen, but it won't.

I think Ferrer will beat Llodra tomorrow. I expect Gillou to beat Janowicz, as well.

And then the final? Well Gillou has the upper-hand on a hard-court against Ferrer, but the majority of their meetings have come on clay and Ferrer won them all. With the crowd behind him, and in my genuine opinion being a better hard-court player, Gillou should win. Then he goes to London as an alternate, if he accepts, and if I am correct with my maths.
The Prince is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-02-2012, 11:19 PM   #2420
country flag arm

Ferrer will win this now. It's Ferrer... he takes this chances.
Old 11-02-2012, 11:22 PM   #2421
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

The one thing I have learnt in my years as a tennis fan is that things have to be won. No point saying things are deserved. I feel Coria deserved a RG, but deep down I know he didn't have the mental strength to win one. In that case I don't think he deserves it, really.

Same goes for Ferrer. I don't think he is able to beat the big three enough, especially Federer, to warrant a Masters 1000 title. He has a mental block in the biggest matches, but it is partly down to his lack of a big weapon.
Old 11-02-2012, 11:24 PM   #2422
country flag The Prince

I remember last year in Ohio, on a hard-court, Gillou out-Ferrered Ferrer. I don't think anybody can really do that. To beat him, most people have to overpower him or hit around him. There's something about this match-up on a hard-court that really makes me like Simon's chances.
Old 11-02-2012, 11:27 PM   #2423
country flag arm

He deserves it. I hate to admit it, since I am no fan of the guy. He annoys me. But he deserves it. He has been a top5 for so long, always behind top3, and then behind Murray as well. he is not very close to the top4, but he is the most consistent player after them. If Delpo has a slam, Ferrer really does deserve a Masters 1000, IMO.

Of course you have to win it But a guy like Ferrer retiring without a Masters 1000... I would be sad for him and I don't even like him.
Old 11-02-2012, 11:28 PM   #2424
country flag savesthedizzle
#freeviktor

savesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I do like a sweet, but in small doses. I generally like fruit or citrus tastes. I like apricots and peaches and grapefruits and lemons and oranges etc. Lime. I like lime deserts. I like pie. Mostly pie. But not if it is really sweet. When I bake, I reduce the sugar in the recipe. It tastes better I think. I don't like the sugar to overpower the flavor

But it's true that I rarely eat candy. I like sour candy or dark chocolate. I like ice cream if it isn't too sweet. I like toast with apricot jam or with some butter and honey. I like peanut butter on toast.

Oh yeah, I like currants and gooseberries and lingonberries --- you know that sweet/tart kind of taste.
Mmmm I love fruit and pie and tart and sweet and everything I am lucky for good metabolism otherwise ...

Pies are my favorite though I never make pies I need to start making them. I like peanut butter on toast too, but lately I have been using a cranberry apple preserves I got at a apple farm near Syracuse Delicious I like lingonberries too

savesthedizzle is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-02-2012, 11:31 PM   #2425
country flag The Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
He deserves it. I hate to admit it, since I am no fan of the guy. He annoys me. But he deserves it. He has been a top5 for so long, always behind top3, and then behind Murray as well. he is not very close to the top4, but he is the most consistent player after them. If Delpo has a slam, Ferrer really does deserve a Masters 1000, IMO.

Of course you have to win it But a guy like Ferrer retiring without a Masters 1000... I would be sad for him and I don't even like him.
I suppose you're kind of right. I guess it's like comparing him to a kid who studies really really hard for an exam, then has a bad day in the exam and gets a bad grade. Kind of like Ferrer, but there's limitations in there, for sure.
Old 11-02-2012, 11:32 PM   #2426
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
I really wish Gillou wins it. And although I don't like Ferrer and deep down I really wish he doesn't win this, another side of me thinks it would be fair, and that he deserves it. :unusre:

I asked you to name me desserts you like and you listed fruits. It's a good indicator. My cheesecake is strawberry cheesecake.

I could tell that you're nor a dessert addict. It's a good thing! Neither am I, tbh.. I am just a chocolate addict. That I really am.

A perfect meal for you would include what? Doesn't have to be your favorite dishes, just list me a really good meal that would make you happy. With starters, main and dessert.
You can make lots of deserts from fruits.

Ummm. When I came back home from school on holidays my grandmother always made meatloaf, scalloped potatoes, and creamed corn for me.

But now. -- It would be something with pork or chicken. with a nice vegetable. I like most vegetables. also I still like creamy foods. For desert -- some kind of pastry dish. Apricot pastry. Or just strawberries -- strawberry shortcake is hard to beat, but it's a bit heavy after a big meal.

For a summertime meal -- just strictly american now -- BBQ ribs, coleslaw, beans, corn on the cob and watermelon to finish.

I also enjoy Asian food, but nothing raw. In Asian food I prefer spicy hot dishes.

It's hard to choose from all the foods. I like a nice Italian meal with pasta too. I like either a tomato or a cheese sauce on the pasta.

Mexican food and Indian food are great too. I like the spicy Indian dishes. Vindaloo.

I like croissants but not with chocolate!

But if the food is not good, I won't eat it.
Old 11-02-2012, 11:34 PM   #2427
country flag The Prince

I took three photos this week.

Didn't really feel like taking any more, and they weren't great anyway.
Old 11-02-2012, 11:34 PM   #2428
country flag savesthedizzle
#freeviktor

savesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond repute

Mmmm I love croissants with chocolate

You are making me hungry

savesthedizzle is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-02-2012, 11:35 PM   #2429
country flag The Prince

Okay, very late now. Bed time.

Night Jess, star and Raquel. Take care.

Home time tomorrow.
Old 11-02-2012, 11:39 PM   #2430
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

Quote:
The one thing I have learnt in my years as a tennis fan is that things have to be won. No point saying things are deserved. I feel Coria deserved a RG, but deep down I know he didn't have the mental strength to win one. In that case I don't think he deserves it, really.

Same goes for Ferrer. I don't think he is able to beat the big three enough, especially Federer, to warrant a Masters 1000 title. He has a mental block in the biggest matches, but it is partly down to his lack of a big weapon.
This is exactly what I think too. I can't stand it when someone says the loser deserved to win. It was a heartbreak that Coria didn't win. He defeated himself with his own feelings of self doubt and lack of esteem, but still, he didn't deserve to win. I cried buckets for him. It destroyed him really.

Ferrer is a tough fighter especially in Davis Cup where he has the team on his shoulders and also supporting him. He can falter mentally though.

I just like watching Simon. Damn! That match against Harrison at IW nearly killed me. Whole American crowd behind Harrison, but I think Simon gained some admirers that evening.
Closed Thread