Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2) - Page 149 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2012, 05:29 PM   #2221
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
Purely hypothetical, but if he becomes just another Jonathan Eysseric and does nothing on the senior tour, forever hanging around in futures and weak challengers. Are you sure you won't just slowly forget about him, like the rest will?
Too early to tell, I guess. It's possible, of course, but it depends on a lot of variables.

I would risk say that if he remains this charismatic, interesting, cute and caring, I doubt that will happen.

But hey, my first was Nole, and I am still trying to figure out our relationship 5 years later, so... I never really liked any tennis player seriously besides Nole.

But I also need to watch a bit more from him, really watch him play. I have only watched youtube videos.
arm is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2012, 05:42 PM   #2222
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2)

Even if you didn't want it to happen, it would. At the moment, he gets a lot of coverage. Let's face it, he deserves it. He's 18, just finished as the top junior, very much on the rise it would seem, he's personable, intelligent and very likeable. In the next few months more and more people will want a bite of the cherry.

However, if he doesn't do anything, as in he doesn't get the results soon, a new junior sensation will replace him as the 'next big thing'. He's under a lot of pressure and it's quite possible he'll buckle.

And if he doesn't succeed in the next few years, very few people will care about what he is doing, which in turn makes it hard for him to motivate himself. It's sad but true that these juniors-cum-seniors are under loads of pressure to deliver and they're too young to handle it on the most part.
The Prince is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-30-2012, 05:50 PM   #2223
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

But don't you get the idea he seems to handle pressure well? The way he talks about it, he might be fooling me, but it seems like he Has the mental strength needed.

And he is not getting that much attention, is he? I don't get that impression
Old 10-30-2012, 06:03 PM   #2224
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
But don't you get the idea he seems to handle pressure well? The way he talks about it, he might be fooling me, but it seems like he Has the mental strength needed.

And he is not getting that much attention, is he? I don't get that impression
It's very easy to talk about it, say the right things.

He handles the pressure well on the junior circuit. Being a favourite in every match he plays obviously suits him a lot. It's so different playing futures tournaments in front of no people compared to playing at Wimbledon or Flushing Meadows. Yes, even when he plays the junior slams, not that many people watch, they are more interested in the seniors, but at least they have a full set of line judges, ball kids and whatnot. On the futures tour, they have an umpire and that's it. Nobody watches, everyone is so motivated and add that to plenty of experience, and it gets tough for somebody who is young, and quite lightweight.

That's my worry, bigger and more powerful players are going to bully him around, and maybe deep down, without the encouragement of a crowd, the belief might not be there to dig himself out of holes.

Let's see what happens, though. His ranking is already quite good. Half a dozen good results in futures tournaments between now summer next year will put him in a great position.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:38 PM   #2225
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
I'm feeling better now, and I just read my original post again. Not much is wrong with it content-wise, however one could say that it possessed quite an aggressive and rude tone. I shouldn't take my anger out on poor Raquel, sorry.
We come here to rant a lot.

I don't have problem with the tone of the quoted post, just have a slightly different opinion. For players ranking in 120-150, it's a very good motivation to try getting to top 100 which very likely guarantee a sport in the MD of a slam with the price money, don't you think? And if you are in top 200, very encouraging to try for qualify.
Lee is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-30-2012, 08:19 PM   #2226
country flag The Prince

Qualifying is slightly different. You have to win matches in the qualifying tournaments to get into the main draw, hence acquire a deserved pay cheque.

Players ranked 70-100 who gain main draw places automatically but often get routined in the first round of slams do not deserve €25k just for showing up. For instance, this year at Wimbledon, Filippo Volandri won one game at Wimbledon in his loss to Jeremy Chardy, and earnt £15k for that effort.

I know it's easy to cherry pick to try and open holes in the argument, but that's certainly not money that is deserved.
Old 10-30-2012, 09:16 PM   #2227
country flag arm

Jess hasn't posted in a while. I worry.

Let me check if she has an activity on twitter
Old 10-30-2012, 09:17 PM   #2228
country flag arm

She is ok or someone is posting on twitter with her account.
Old 10-30-2012, 09:24 PM   #2229
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by savesthedizzle View Post
This is the view out my front door right now, two trees down in the front yard of the person across the street.

All our own trees are upright.
Trees are super overrated. Easy to lose love for them when one comes crashing through your roof.

Quote:
Well it's mostly in Pennsylvania now but we are still getting the occasional heavy gust of wind, and there are road closures everywhere with downed trees and power lines. The governor has said to stay off the roads unless you HAVE to drive somewhere.

NYC is.. well, there are no subways, some of the tunnels are flooded, it seems like all of downtown is flooded around the world trade center, etc, then there are no trains from Connecticut or NJ into NYC because those tunnels are also closed and all the bridges are closed as well I believe. So you cannot get in or out of NYC really (I don't know if it's known outside of this area that Manhattan is an island )
I forgot to watch TV news this morning. I think most Americans are aware Manhattan is an island. We hear it all the time on the news and other programs Maybe Europeans aren't as aware. Some chickie poo on the news was lamenting over the bridges and tunnels being closed by saying, "now, we're an island." Sweetie, you were already an island.

Quote:
Europeans are generally better looking than Northern Americans anyway.

But seriously, Filip is of Polish ancestry, so he has the european genes anyway!

Quote:
Hell no. Sorry to any polish man or women reading this, but in generally, neither sex is very good looking.
Chopin

Quote:
HEY.

Most of us have these European genes that make Filip so good looking anyway (Says the the German/Lithuanian/Slovakian mixture)

European genes also overrated.
star is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-30-2012, 09:35 PM   #2230
country flag The Prince

How did Jess keep her power anyway? Quite fortunate!
Old 10-30-2012, 09:37 PM   #2231
country flag IncrediBale

IncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
All but this is not a chat thread
oh well
#20 #9 #1 #3Forever loving Noleta
IncrediBale is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-30-2012, 09:40 PM   #2232
country flag arm

Stary, star.

Dom, you reading this?
Old 10-30-2012, 09:41 PM   #2233
country flag IncrediBale

IncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond repute

What?
#20 #9 #1 #3Forever loving Noleta
IncrediBale is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-30-2012, 09:41 PM   #2234
country flag arm

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncrediBale View Post
Wont say names but noticed two people were talking on twtier that they dislike GM on MTF and both of them tehn said they dislike Nole forum tooocuz we are stupid here and bad fans I say Hello to them if they read this
You should have asked them why we are bad fans. I am really curious now. Like really, really.

Why are we bad fans? :8 This bothers me. People are mean. And people read what I write.
Old 10-30-2012, 09:43 PM   #2235
country flag The Prince

What are you talking about?
Closed Thread