Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2) - Page 136 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2012, 07:39 PM   #2026
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
Lee when I watch these International House Hunter programs, I always see that in Asia the kitchens mostly come without ovens. Baking isn't really part of the Chinese culture, is it?
In Southern China, we steam instead of bake. Oven took up too much space in the kitchen A wok can be used to stir fry, pan fry, deep fry and steam bake. One wok replaces all the pots and pans

We can make very yummy sponge cake by steaming. Also, the weather is too hot to bake long hours in the kitchen.

Northern China like Beijing has more baked foods.
Lee is online now View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2012, 07:41 PM   #2027
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2)

Quote:
Good pie crust is more difficult to master than baking a cake.
That's why I use frozen pie crust

Quote:

I think cookies were the first thing I made and then cake and then pie. I really can't remember though. I made lots of cakes when I was a kid. I wanted to make every kind of cake. The funny thing is that I don't really like cake that much. I never have. German Chocolate cake is my favorite cake to make. Iots of different pots and pans and there's chopping nuts and using coconut --- So it's an all round good time.

Except for the washing up!
No way I am going to try this
Old 10-27-2012, 07:49 PM   #2028
country flag savesthedizzle
#freeviktor

savesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond repute

Mmmmmmm German chocolate cake

As Raquel knows, I am making cupcakes today The end result will be 6 lovingly made cupcakes So much work for 6! Grr. But you will see end result.
College basketball sucks.
savesthedizzle is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-27-2012, 07:56 PM   #2029
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

I have been waiting all day for the, Jess My cake collapsed. Is it possible that it collapsed because it originally was a cupcake recipe?
arm is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-27-2012, 08:51 PM   #2030
#freeviktor

savesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
I have been waiting all day for the, Jess My cake collapsed. Is it possible that it collapsed because it originally was a cupcake recipe?
That shouldn't have too much to do with it... cake is cake

Here are my cupcakes

Old 10-27-2012, 08:55 PM   #2031
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Just answered you on twitter. So cute that I don't think I can eat it
Old 10-27-2012, 08:58 PM   #2032
#freeviktor

The cake is butter pecan cake (mix ) and buttercream frosting (also not homemade) there are cute but I like doing stuff from scratch better More rewarding in the end BUT I wanted to make these but was also feeling lazy
Old 10-27-2012, 09:02 PM   #2033
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

Jess those are awesome!! What are you doing in retail?? Become a baker
Old 10-27-2012, 09:03 PM   #2034
#freeviktor

I would love to be a baker Maybe :P
Old 10-27-2012, 09:04 PM   #2035
#freeviktor

When I took a little quiz in school when I was 15 to tell you what you should be when you grow up... it DID tell me pastry chef Although it also told me rabbi and amusement park entertainer so I didn't pay it much mind

(and yes, it really told me rabbi...)
Old 10-27-2012, 09:09 PM   #2036
country flag arm

Quote:
Originally Posted by savesthedizzle View Post
When I took a little quiz in school when I was 15 to tell you what you should be when you grow up... it DID tell me pastry chef Although it also told me rabbi and amusement park entertainer so I didn't pay it much mind

(and yes, it really told me rabbi...)
What's really mind-blowing for me it's not that it told you to be a rabbi, but that those quizzes actually tell you to be an amusement park entertainer.
Old 10-27-2012, 09:14 PM   #2037
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
That's why I use frozen pie crust

Then you could use a mix for cake too!

Honestly, I think making pie crust is pretty easy. It's just getting the knack of it, and the feel for the dough.

Quote:
again

You did not tell me this! The problem you have is calculating the correct baking time for the cake as opposed to the cupcakes. Baking too long or not long enough can be a reason for a cake not turning out nicely. Did you put a toothpick in the center to check for doneness before you took it out of the oven? Did you check the top for springiness? I mean, did the cake bounce back when you pressed a fingertip on it?

And also did the cake collapse or did it break up?

These baking problems are difficult over the internet.

Jess is right that normally, you should be able to take a recipe for cake and make cupcakes, but you have to be careful about the baking time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by savesthedizzle View Post
That shouldn't have too much to do with it... cake is cake

Here are my cupcakes

Very cute.

I like buttercream frosting.
star is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-27-2012, 09:20 PM   #2038
country flag arm

Quote:

Then you could use a mix for cake too!

Honestly, I think making pie crust is pretty easy. It's just getting the knack of it, and the feel for the dough.

again

You did not tell me this! The problem you have is calculating the correct baking time for the cake as opposed to the cupcakes. Baking too long or not long enough can be a reason for a cake not turning out nicely. Did you put a toothpick in the center to check for doneness before you took it out of the oven? Did you check the top for springiness? I mean, did the cake bounce back when you pressed a fingertip on it?

And also did the cake collapse or did it break up?

These baking problems are difficult over the internet.

Jess is right that normally, you should be able to take a recipe for cake and make cupcakes, but you have to be careful about the baking time.
I did not tell you because I didn't want to disappoint you even more.

It broke up when I was putting it on the plate. I don't know why. and I didn't adapt the time to the cake, I didn't even count it. I took it out when it seemed baked. I test this by sticking a toothpick in the cake, if it comes out dry and clean than it's baked.

No?

I am terrible, I know.
Old 10-27-2012, 09:22 PM   #2039
#freeviktor

Yeah star is right about baking time
Old 10-27-2012, 09:33 PM   #2040
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I did not tell you because I didn't want to disappoint you even more.

It broke up when I was putting it on the plate. I don't know why. and I didn't adapt the time to the cake, I didn't even count it. I took it out when it seemed baked. I test this by sticking a toothpick in the cake, if it comes out dry and clean than it's baked.

No?

I am terrible, I know.
Yes, you did the right thing with the toothpick, but it might have been over baked.

I think the problem was not letting it cool. Pretty simple fix for that. Doesn't mean you are a failure.
star is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread