Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2) - Page 132 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2012, 12:24 AM   #1966
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2)

I love spy movies. Makes want to become a spy too. If only such spies really existed.

Going to be at 2am is too late during school! I shouldn't allow it!
arm is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2012, 12:26 AM   #1967
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2)

I get that feeling with fantasy films. Makes me wish I was in their world.

Reading novels is a far better way of escaping reality, though.

I really struggle to sleep. I've always had the problem, don't know how to fix it, though.
The Prince is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-27-2012, 12:54 AM   #1968
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

Okay, time to move.

In case I am not able to log on in the next week, take care all! Hopefully there will be some Internet, though.
The Prince is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-27-2012, 01:36 AM   #1969
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
This is awesome. Is this the one from my postcards? And how far from Moab is it? Probably the right question is "how close".

And how preserved is this? Is there any kind of security there? Because from the photos, it does seem like it's out in the open for everyone to see and touch.

Thanks for sharing, stary. But I see what you're doing , I still can't visit you yet. But I will one day And now I can even drive the car and you can rest

Also, I loved the black and white, it really does give it a whole other perspective.
The photograph I have is in black and white and is nearly actual size. I like it.

All the ancient art work is out in the open. Sometimes they are vandalized and that is sad The petroglyphs in your country don't have security do they?

I've had Europeans express a great deal of concern about the rock art. Also about cows grazing. "Where do they go at night?"

Forgot to say that the site is about 10 miles from Moab.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
I don't quite fancy Daniel Craig. He doesn't give the Bond vibe previous actors did. So yeah, that is always a downside.

Sam Mendes is very likely my favorite director, so I had high expectations. He did not let me down, although it made me realize a few things about us (Sam and I).

Couldn't your mother wake you up?
Craig doesn't have that suave sophisticated look I think Bond should have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
Okay, time to move.

In case I am not able to log on in the next week, take care all! Hopefully there will be some Internet, though.
Have a wonderful time! We will miss you.

Last edited by star : 10-27-2012 at 01:42 AM.
star is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-27-2012, 02:30 AM   #1970
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Here is a sample of the vandalization. This panel has been restored. I saw it before the restoration and one couple had left their names AND address in huge letters. Incredible. The second picture is after the restoration, but not a good picture.

http://mw2.google.com/mw-panoramio/p...m/29139312.jpg

The third picture is of a panel just across the bridge from Moab. Some people went up with cleaning products and scrubbed off as much of the painting as they could.

This site has a video of part of the panel. It's more extensive than the video shows.

http://destinationgreenriver.com/buckhorn-wash/

Part of the attraction of Buckhorn Draw is the beauty of the sandstone. Also it is close to the San Rafael river and has shady areas.

Old 10-27-2012, 02:42 AM   #1971
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

This is a nice little travelog that gives you a slice of the San Rafael Swell and also the high country nearby.

http://backcountrypost.com/forum/ind...june-2007.483/
Old 10-27-2012, 04:13 AM   #1972
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

star's talk about vandalization of historic stuff reminds me of the news about a house designed by Frank Llyod Wright for his son in Phoenix. It's a long way from a historic building but in Phoenix, a house built in 1952 is pretty old and if it is not preserved today, it will never be historic, right?

Here is a link to NY times
Lee is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-27-2012, 04:21 AM   #1974
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

More

ImageUploadedByVS Free1351311661.226374.jpgImageUploadedByVS Free1351311670.876437.jpgImageUploadedByVS Free1351311700.759089.jpgImageUploadedByVS Free1351311709.043061.jpg
Lee is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-27-2012, 11:38 AM   #1975
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
Okay, time to move.

We will miss you! Have a great time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
The photograph I have is in black and white and is nearly actual size. I like it.

All the ancient art work is out in the open. Sometimes they are vandalized and that is sad The petroglyphs in your country don't have security do they?

I've had Europeans express a great deal of concern about the rock art. Also about cows grazing. "Where do they go at night?"

Forgot to say that the site is about 10 miles from Moab.

Craig doesn't have that suave sophisticated look I think Bond should have.

Have a wonderful time! We will miss you.
The ones in Portugal SURE are protected!! You can't access them unless you go through a ticket office, and I am not sure about this part, but you might even have to go WITH a guide to visit them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
Here is a sample of the vandalization. This panel has been restored. I saw it before the restoration and one couple had left their names AND address in huge letters. Incredible. The second picture is after the restoration, but not a good picture.

http://mw2.google.com/mw-panoramio/p...m/29139312.jpg

The third picture is of a panel just across the bridge from Moab. Some people went up with cleaning products and scrubbed off as much of the painting as they could.

This site has a video of part of the panel. It's more extensive than the video shows.

http://destinationgreenriver.com/buckhorn-wash/

Part of the attraction of Buckhorn Draw is the beauty of the sandstone. Also it is close to the San Rafael river and has shady areas.

Name and address? Not sure if I should laugh of cry.

wow
Old 10-27-2012, 02:12 PM   #1976
country flag arm

awesome Micaela photo

dcdsdx.jpg
Old 10-27-2012, 02:50 PM   #1977
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

Lovely house, Lee.

They should have something like Nature Conservancy for buildings. Architecture conservancy or something. Not sure you could get people to donate tho. There's a ranch south of here at the entrance to the Needles section of Canyonlands, N.P. that the Nature conservancy bought. The owners divorced and so the ranch was on the block. Finally, they made a deal with Nature Conservancy and now the wife (who has run the ranch for years) will get to live out her life there and operate it as a ranch. One of her sons helps with the operation. I'm not sure what happens to him at her death.

Raquel, is that Micaela's house?

I could live there. It's got a piano and a great view -- If it's got a wi-fi connection, I'm good to go.
Old 10-27-2012, 03:00 PM   #1978
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

I see there is a new poster who joined on October 4.

Dr. Mug. His first post was starting a thread. He's started 4 threads at least.

Old 10-27-2012, 03:14 PM   #1979
country flag IncrediBale

IncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond repute

Im somewhere on this photo wont say where

#20 #9 #1 #3Forever loving Noleta
IncrediBale is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-27-2012, 03:18 PM   #1980
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

I spotted you!!

The orange and white pom pons, right???
Closed Thread