Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2) - Page 128 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2012, 04:47 PM   #1906
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2)

Yes, I know what you mean.

I've grown quite attached to my current pair of spectacles, despite a change being long overdue.
The Prince is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2012, 04:51 PM   #1907
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2)

So what will happen? You'll get new shoes or insist that you still use these 'war shoes'?
Old 10-26-2012, 04:53 PM   #1908
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

i took a good look at them. grandmom is probably right. they might need replacement
Attached Images
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1351266756587.jpg (22.9 KB, 7 views)
arm is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-26-2012, 04:55 PM   #1909
country flag The Prince

You should definitely replace them.

Goodbyes are painful, though.
Old 10-26-2012, 04:56 PM   #1910
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

I have walked hundreds of kms in those shoes. Letting go is hard.
Old 10-26-2012, 04:58 PM   #1911
country flag The Prince

A pair of shoes is inanimate! Just remember that.
Old 10-26-2012, 05:01 PM   #1912
country flag The Prince

OMG, that reminds me of this!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWjjViJzfCU
Old 10-26-2012, 05:04 PM   #1913
country flag arm

It's time. Be back with new shoes
Old 10-26-2012, 05:05 PM   #1914
country flag The Prince

See ya, hopefully I'll be packed soon!
Old 10-26-2012, 05:39 PM   #1915
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
Fair enough. I think it's tough, though.

Females are usually good at packing, compared to males.

Anyway, how was your day?
Men pretend to be poor packers so they can get women to do it for them

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
I am such a fool

I have these sneakers, not for sports, to wear during the day when I walk a lot. Really confy. Nike. But old. I mean they are 4 years old, but they look older than that because I have used them so much. But they are still confy and they still work. And I love them. I have traveled to over 20 countries with them, have had some awesome experiences. They are my war shoes.

Today grandmom saw them, and she wanted to clean them so I let her. 2 hours later, she tells me "they are too old, sweet grandkid, they need replacement", and I was a fool and answered "well, they will have to do for one more year or so, because there is no money to buy new ones". What I really mean, is that I love them so much, and they are still usable, so I refuse to spend money on new ones.

Well, she just called me, and informed me that she is on her way to my place to pick me up and go buy me new sneakers. She does not take no for an answer. As my present for having passed the driving test. I should have known better, she would want to buy me new ones.

Oh well, now my sleep is ruined and in 15' I am off to let grandmom buy me new shoes.
I your grandmother.

Quote:
I have walked hundreds of kms in those shoes. Letting go is hard.
You can always have them bronzed.

Quote:
See ya, hopefully I'll be packed soon!

I always forget something when I pack, but then I just buy whatever I forgot or do without. When you are a kid though, there is always a parent around to yell at you for having forgotten.
star is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-26-2012, 05:42 PM   #1916
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
1)

In other news, in about twelve hours, I'll be on my way to the airport!
bon voyage

Quote:
Hey, going a whole night without sleep is tough.
Hubby last trip to India was more than 24 hours with a stop in Heathrow His plane from India did not even landed by the terminal, he was transport to the terminal by bus and ran to another terminal to catch the connection flight back home. He barely made it to the gate as his original flight was delayed. Of course, once he was on the plane, another delay by British Airway and sat for another 40 minutes before took off

Quote:
Also factor in that I am a piss poor packer for holidays.
again all you need is practise.
Lee is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-26-2012, 05:47 PM   #1917
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I am such a fool

I have these sneakers, not for sports, to wear during the day when I walk a lot. Really confy. Nike. But old. I mean they are 4 years old, but they look older than that because I have used them so much. But they are still confy and they still work. And I love them. I have traveled to over 20 countries with them, have had some awesome experiences. They are my war shoes.

Today grandmom saw them, and she wanted to clean them so I let her. 2 hours later, she tells me "they are too old, sweet grandkid, they need replacement", and I was a fool and answered "well, they will have to do for one more year or so, because there is no money to buy new ones". What I really mean, is that I love them so much, and they are still usable, so I refuse to spend money on new ones.

Well, she just called me, and informed me that she is on her way to my place to pick me up and go buy me new sneakers. She does not take no for an answer. As my present for having passed the driving test. I should have known better, she would want to buy me new ones.

Oh well, now my sleep is ruined and in 15' I am off to let grandmom buy me new shoes.
Best grandmom I wish I had grandmom to take care of me like that but both passed away before I was born

You can still keep the pair of sneakers Jr. still has his fell apart teddy bear somewhere in the closet.
Lee is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-26-2012, 06:27 PM   #1918
country flag The Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
bon voyage

Hubby last trip to India was more than 24 hours with a stop in Heathrow His plane from India did not even landed by the terminal, he was transport to the terminal by bus and ran to another terminal to catch the connection flight back home. He barely made it to the gate as his original flight was delayed. Of course, once he was on the plane, another delay by British Airway and sat for another 40 minutes before took off

again all you need is practise.
Thank you!

It's not so much the length of the flight, it's not too bad, only four hours. It's an early flight, though, and you have to do all the usual stuff, get there two hours before departure to check-in etc.

I'm a really bad sleeper, most days I'll get to sleep at 1am or even later, which is about the time we'll have to leave tomorrow morning. So I don't see the point in going to sleep tonight.

But 24 hours??? Wow, that's a long and relentless trip. I would get bored to death on an aeroplane for that long.

I've had plenty of practice already. I do quite a bit of short distance travelling. However packing for a week is tricky.
Old 10-26-2012, 06:29 PM   #1919
country flag The Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
Men pretend to be poor packers so they can get women to do it for them

I always forget something when I pack, but then I just buy whatever I forgot or do without. When you are a kid though, there is always a parent around to yell at you for having forgotten.
It's a wise plan, though. You can't deny it.

Yeah, that used to be the case. Now, nobody gives a damn if I forget something, but myself. And what's worse, if I forget something, my mother most likely won't buy me it while we're away.
Old 10-26-2012, 06:34 PM   #1920
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

I went out today to see if I could find the fire. Nothing.

Maybe kids built a huge fire with tires out on the rocks. That happened once before, and it's almost halloween.

Anyway, since I was out there, I decided to go take pictures for you of Gutman and some petroglyphs. I will put together a little travelog. You can follow along in the pictures as you read or if you are impatient just do it however you want.

This is called Seven Mile Canyon because it is seven miles from this canyon to the Colorado River. In the old days that was 7 very rough miles, so this was a good camp spot for wagons before they made the rest of the trip down to the river. It was also a highway for the ancient indian cultures who roamed, sometimes farmed, and hunted here. This spot where I too the pictures is at a fork in the canyon. The South Fork gently leads up to a spot where it is easy to climb out onto the plateau and then travel over to the canyons that lead to the Green River. The Green River and the Colorado River come in at angles and then join and run on together through the Grand Canyon. So, the two rivers form a triangle. Because of the number of highly significant pieces of artwork in this area, one can surmise that it was a gathering place and perhaps a site of festivals/rituals.

1. Walking toward the cliff face. This is a cliff face of windblown sandstone topped with a harder layer of river deposited sandstone. (Wingate and Kayenta formations) Water runoff creates a darker surface on the rock known as desert varnish. This is actually a living layer with minerals and bacteria. Some is brown and some is nearly black. The black kind can reflect the sky and appear a strange blue. If you notice the black part in the lower right of the cliff face, that is where we will walk.

2. These are petroglyphs of what is known as the Archaic style or sometimes Barrier Canyon style.

3. These are big horn sheep, a favorite prey for the hunters. The plant at the bottom is a fremont barberry -- it produces a bitter berry.

4. A detail from the left hand side of the panel.

5. Gutman. Gutman is so called because the middle figure of the three grouped figures has a sinuous line running from the head through the torso. This line appears to be intestines. One can't be sure what the artist intended, but this middle figure appears significant with his arms raised. The raised arms are unusual in the archaic paintings. With a very good camera, you can see the line is unbroken. I have a picture taken by a local photographer showing it in exquisite detail. All three figures are highly decorated. I enhanced the colors to show it a bit more. I just had my camera with me for photos.

6. Black and white sometimes give as different perspective.

7. The Gutman panel at more of a distance.

8. The Gutman panel in perspective with its surroundings

9. The panel disappears at a distance.

10. The cliff looking down canyon

11. The cliff looking up canyon. You can see the road that goes between the two cliffs at the left of the picture. A road has been blasted into the face of the canyon.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cliff face.jpg (314.9 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Petroglyphs.jpg (214.8 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg BigHornSheep.jpg (289.0 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Petroglyph Detail.jpg (144.6 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Gutman.jpg (132.4 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Gutman B&W.jpg (102.4 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Gutman Natural.jpg (161.4 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Gutman Distance.jpg (217.8 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Disappeared.jpg (268.5 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Cliff.jpg (261.0 KB, 3 views)
star is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread