Who has the best chance of upsetting Djokovic at this years US Open? - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Who has the best chance of upsetting Djokovic?

Berdych 7 14.89%
Ferrer 3 6.38%
Murray 37 78.72%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-07-2012, 12:07 PM   #16
country flag TBkeeper

TBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who has the best chance of upsetting Djokovic at this years US Open?

I HOPE birdshit pick his acts together and spank some Pushrays/Fakerbitches and Vulterers

SLAMS: 4 SEMIS, 6 QUARTERS
WTF: 1 TITLE, 1 FINAL, 1 SEMI
MASTERS: 3 TITLES, 5 SEMIS, 10 QUARTERS
TITLES: 21
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 481-325
TBkeeper is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2012, 12:09 PM   #17
country flag sexybeast

sexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who has the best chance of upsetting Djokovic at this years US Open?

Quote:
Originally Posted by latso View Post
horror draw continues...lol
It makes no sense to repeat this stupid joke, there are only 2 players capable of beating Djokovic on this surface and that is Federer and Murray, maybe Tsonga on Stronga mode aswell but only clownga was available before this tournament.

So, what kind of draw would you give him? I would love Murray to be in the SF against him but that was just not the case. I could hardly create a difficult draw for Djokovic before the SF, Delpo in QF is almost the best you can find against him (Berdych, Tsonga a bit better options but not by alot).
Old 09-07-2012, 02:44 PM   #18
country flag Captain Piranha

Captain Piranha has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Piranha has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Piranha has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Piranha has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Piranha has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Piranha has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Piranha has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Piranha has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Piranha has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Piranha has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Piranha has a reputation beyond repute

I'll start by saying a few things about me, I haven't made many posts as I'm on more at work than home but two things, firstly I'm an Andy Murray fan but realistic with it. Yes, I believe he is capable of winning a couple of slams. But also believe he's behind the other three just now & the way Djokovic has progressed, I believe he will always remain in front of Andy 'overall'.

Secondly, I've watched tennis since the late 80's early 90's. My favourite player was Andre Agassi, I have never proclaimed to have great tactical insight. I have never played, coached or been coached at any level. All of my opinions are based on watching the sport, not on tennis I.Q or experience of playing.

As much as I don't believe Andy will ever take over from Novak/Rafa/Fed as the best player in the world (there can be only 1 )I do think he has the game to trouble Novak & throw him off guard. The key, so often when Andy plays those two is taking the right ball on, & not waiting too long, as both those players turn defence into offence better than anyone IMO so they are putting pressure on the opposition to constantly finish points off earlier than they wish to do. Andy's ability to mix paces, spins etc do bother Novak more than going after him with pace all the time. Andy's return game gives Novak headaches as well, and vice versa. Novak (like Andy) FS % can drop. I believe JMDP created 3 break points on a slow surface against a player who served at 57%. When Andy plays Novak, if Novak serves at those % I believe Andy can create anything from 10-20 BP (vice versa again) similar to the Australian Open. If chances are created, you can win the match. Of course Novak will create & take chance, that's the nature of the game but on slower surfaces IMO Nole knows against most players he'll create more chances than them, even Rafa takes 2nd serves deeper & sometimes passes up chances to get advantages in rallies. Andy takes on Nole's serve as much as possible & puts pressure on, only my opinio but a combination of variet, depth, aggression & return games makes Andy dangerous. But make no mistake as a Murray fan, everything I've just said Nole can do to Andy. It's who does it better on the day that will decide the winner.

So I think Andy would have more chance because I actually do think variety/good return troubles Nole more than heavy hitting, due to how well he absorbes it. Andy's variety was excellent in Aus Open, his forehand worked well but more with angles, and pace at the right time rather than just blasting ball after ball.

I really believe Nole respects and appreciates Andy's game, as it's more complex. That can cause Andy issues as his variety/options can lead to wrong decisions at times butr overall, I think complexity overcomes power against Nole.

Just my take, but Novak is IMHO the best player on the planet but he is beatable. I think longer term, Andy's more rounded hame will get him his desired results where JMDP, Berdych etc will try to beat Nole the same way all the time.

Unfortunately on this occasion, I actually think Tomas will defeat Andy in 4 sets. Andy's balance of offence/defence against Berych worries me, too passive he will get crushed but he doesn't play aggressive day to day tennis to believe he can match Tomas on the baseline rally in rally out.

Novak to take Title in 3 sets!!!

Last edited by Captain Piranha : 09-07-2012 at 02:49 PM. Reason: spelling error
Captain Piranha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 02:50 PM   #19
country flag Sri

Sri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond repute

Murray obviously. Murray was one of the few to beat 2011 Nole and was extremely close at AO 12.
Old 09-07-2012, 03:01 PM   #20
country flag Saberq

Saberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sri View Post
Murray obviously. Murray was one of the few to beat 2011 Nole and was extremely close at AO 12.
when?
Saberq is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 03:03 PM   #21
country flag Sri

Sri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
when?
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...77K20J20110821
Old 09-07-2012, 03:09 PM   #22
country flag finishingmove

finishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond repute

Who has the best chance of upsetting Djokovic at this years US Open?

The chef that serves him fish.
Match Point Novak needs to be immortalized in sculpture, like Michelangelo's David. I'm sure that once he's gone to tennis Valhalla, his statue will have his stones as the focal point of attention, and tennis fans will make a meccan-like pilgrimage at least once in their lifetime, in order to rub those lucky stones, like the budda's belly.
finishingmove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 03:13 PM   #23
country flag luie

luie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond repute

The highlander , he is more aggressive now, should take Birdshit n nole to the woodshed to claim his first GS.

THE GREAT TACTICAL RIVALRY OF THE OPEN ERA
FEDERER 10 VS TONI NADAL 20
ADVANTAGE TONI NADAL
RAPHEAL NADULL,A PRETTY FACE & MUSCLE
NOTHING MORE

Fed 2 nadull 13 fed is nadull CLAY TURKEY. THE REAL ERA 2003-2010.
luie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 03:16 PM   #24
country flag Sri

True. Although I picked Murray out of the available options, Nole is my huge favorite for USO 2012.

Nole will be the last slam winner before the world ends.
Old 09-07-2012, 03:18 PM   #25
country flag Saberq

Saberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond repute

lol
Old 09-07-2012, 03:34 PM   #26
country flag Sapeod
77 years later...

Sapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond repute

Murray. He can beat Djokovic if he plays well. He thrashed Roger on grass in Bo5, so he can sure as hell beat Djokovic on hardcourt in Bo5.

SLAMS: 2 WINS, 5 finals, 6 semi-finals, 5 quarter-finals...
MASTERS: 9 WINS, 3 finals, 8 semi-finals, 13 quarter-finals...
WTF: 3 semi-finals...
OLYMPICS: 1 gold, 1 silver...
CAREER PRIZE MONEY: $30,651,672 (6th of all time)
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 435-135...
TITLES: 28 and counting...
Sapeod is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 03:35 PM   #27
country flag Sapeod
77 years later...

Sapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
lol
What's so funny? Andy was beating him before he got injured. The fact that he retired doesn't change the fact that Andy was winning. Cry some more.

SLAMS: 2 WINS, 5 finals, 6 semi-finals, 5 quarter-finals...
MASTERS: 9 WINS, 3 finals, 8 semi-finals, 13 quarter-finals...
WTF: 3 semi-finals...
OLYMPICS: 1 gold, 1 silver...
CAREER PRIZE MONEY: $30,651,672 (6th of all time)
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 435-135...
TITLES: 28 and counting...
Sapeod is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 03:42 PM   #28
country flag Saberq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapeod View Post
Murray. He can beat Djokovic if he plays well. He thrashed Roger on grass in Bo5, so he can sure as hell beat Djokovic on hardcourt in Bo5.
he beat a dead tired Fed lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapeod View Post
What's so funny? Andy was beating him before he got injured. The fact that he retired doesn't change the fact that Andy was winning. Cry some more.
he was injured from the 1st point.And no Scott you will cry before this US Open is done.Nole will win his 6th Andy still 0
Old 09-07-2012, 03:43 PM   #29
country flag TigerTim

TigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond repute

It was a NID retirement from the Djoker when his bum was getting a good thrusting from the highlander.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SliceAce View Post
As for Mugray, what can be said? A disgusting human being, and awful player, and a choking pushing mug. He looks like a kemo patient, bald spots, hairless legs, pasty blotchy skin, busted teeth, and an ugly, snarling face. Typical antics all came out in this match: faking injuries, grimacing and cursing, trying to peg Fed, trying to start drama, undeserved final based on an exhausted old man and a joke draw.

I'm no Fakervic fan but he needs to save tennis, sadly tree trunk legs will be fresh. Interesting he's never questioned...
TigerTim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 03:45 PM   #30
country flag TigerTim

TigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond repute

How was Federer tired? 4hour match perhaps, but he had a day rest like any slam situation. Murray had to play 4 matches in 2 days prior to the final
Quote:
Originally Posted by SliceAce View Post
As for Mugray, what can be said? A disgusting human being, and awful player, and a choking pushing mug. He looks like a kemo patient, bald spots, hairless legs, pasty blotchy skin, busted teeth, and an ugly, snarling face. Typical antics all came out in this match: faking injuries, grimacing and cursing, trying to peg Fed, trying to start drama, undeserved final based on an exhausted old man and a joke draw.

I'm no Fakervic fan but he needs to save tennis, sadly tree trunk legs will be fresh. Interesting he's never questioned...
TigerTim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote