John Millman talking about Challenger tour & financial issues. What's not happening - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-06-2012, 09:10 PM   #61
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: John Millman talking about Challenger tour & financial issues. What's not happeni

It's time for the ATP and ITF to decide whether they truly care about the welfare of their players. I hope they take appropriate action.
The Prince is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2012, 09:26 PM   #62
country flag RonaldGomez

RonaldGomez has a reputation beyond reputeRonaldGomez has a reputation beyond reputeRonaldGomez has a reputation beyond reputeRonaldGomez has a reputation beyond reputeRonaldGomez has a reputation beyond reputeRonaldGomez has a reputation beyond reputeRonaldGomez has a reputation beyond reputeRonaldGomez has a reputation beyond reputeRonaldGomez has a reputation beyond reputeRonaldGomez has a reputation beyond reputeRonaldGomez has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: John Millman talking about Challenger tour & financial issues. What's not happeni

"Funny" to see that Romania has more challengers than Australia (Arad, Timisoara, Sibiu, Brasov)
Old 09-07-2012, 06:18 AM   #63
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horatio Caine View Post
Millman's observations about the lack of Australian events are interesting, and I'd agree that it isn't doing much to encourage new players to break through.

However, that doesn't mean that new players should accept the situation at home.

If it is financially possible (through private sponsorship, family finances, TA backing etc), maybe some players should train in another country? E.g. if they move to the USA, they could access the USTA Pro Circuit.

Another potentially less expensive alternative is that a player decides to travel non-stop for 6-12 weeks on the challenger/Futures circuit. With a base in Australia, the player could target events in Asia - there are many of them, and the draws are often a lot weaker, providing a good opportunity to earn cheap points and move up the rankings...
You don't understand how it is in Australia. TA are very rich and they only fund a few and stop it. Matosevic made it, but look how long it took. Funny thing is now he gets funding whereas when he really needed it, they weren't around. Travelling 12 weeks straight you do know that costs money, it's the chicken and the egg thing. Millman would have to win 3 or 4 of these events to make cash. He wins matches and loses money yes that makes sense.

You are not rewarding mediocrity increasing the money at Chall and Futures, considering it hasn't increased since the mid 80s and expenses have gone up majorly. It's pretty obvious.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote