How come Tennisforum has more activity than MTF? - Page 9 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-15-2012, 12:59 AM   #121
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How come Tennisforum has more activity than MTF?

Filo V, take your advice and go radiate on the WTAclownsforums.

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Say what you want about Federer playing Baghdatis and Gonzo in AO finals... But at least he won them
Looner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2012, 01:05 AM   #122
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute

Don't want to. It's not for me. Not a fan of WTA tennis overall, and I'm not really scene enough to fit in there.

The only reason I post on this site anymore is because I can say whatever I want in my chat thread and I have (at least before my ban) a lot of followers there and I can talk about challenger tennis. I'm not interested in this site for what it offers in itself anymore.
Filo V. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 02:29 AM   #123
country flag Boarder35m

Boarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
Nice heterophobia there. If someone had said the reverse you'd be reporting him left right and centre.
How I love posts like this that try to make gay people as evil as straight people when it comes to speaking about people´s sexual orientation.

I am gay and, well, I am not very much personable on this forum, but overall I have to agree with Filo when it comes down to the gay people I know.
Probably that has much to do with the absence of gays/lebians in ordinary daily life especcially at school. If you live in a small city (for sure it will be a bit different in big cities) the only chance to meet other gay people is when you at least partly decide to have an outing.
If you want to get to know other people of your sexual orientation you have to decide to go to a gay/lesbian disco/bar/club/restaurant, it is very rare that you find other gay/lesbian people at a heterosexual place (of course sometimes that happens but it is rather an exception).

With that I don´t want to say that straight people can´t be personable, but that there is a reason why at least for those who came out it is often necessary to be personable when you want to get into contact with others.
Boarder35m is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 03:03 AM   #124
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boarder35m View Post
How I love posts like this that try to make gay people as evil as straight people when it comes to speaking about people´s sexual orientation.

I am gay and, well, I am not very much personable on this forum, but overall I have to agree with Filo when it comes down to the gay people I know.
Probably that has much to do with the absence of gays/lebians in ordinary daily life especcially at school. If you live in a small city (for sure it will be a bit different in big cities) the only chance to meet other gay people is when you at least partly decide to have an outing.
If you want to get to know other people of your sexual orientation you have to decide to go to a gay/lesbian disco/bar/club/restaurant, it is very rare that you find other gay/lesbian people at a heterosexual place (of course sometimes that happens but it is rather an exception).

With that I don´t want to say that straight people can´t be personable, but that there is a reason why at least for those who came out it is often necessary to be personable when you want to get into contact with others.
Because unlike you and him sexual orientation doesn't bother me nor do I find it makes any difference on a person's qualities.

There was a gay guy at university. He was normal, down to earth and mingled with everyone. No one gave a rats' arse about his orientation, nor should they.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 04:24 AM   #125
country flag Boarder35m

Boarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
Because unlike you and him sexual orientation doesn't bother me nor do I find it makes any difference on a person's qualities.

There was a gay guy at university. He was normal, down to earth and mingled with everyone. No one gave a rats' arse about his orientation, nor should they.
Probably you didn´t get what I meant because with no means did I tell that someone who is homosexual automatically should talk about his/her sexual preference.
As much as my friends from university didn´t know about mine I didn´t know about theirs, only if someone asked about that I answered.
My point was that if you want to get to know other homosexual people (for example because you are looking for a partner) you have to be some kind of more outgoing than the average hetero man/woman has to be when he/she wants to get to know possible partners, because the possibility to find someone of your sexual preference at e.g. the birthday party of your friend or your working place is smaller.
So sooner or later you have to find enough courage to speak to people you completely don´t know, because there simply are no other homosexuals around you.

It is probably difficult for all shy people in the world to find a partner, but a shy guy and a shy girl probably get to know each other easier than 2 shy guys or girls.

When you are a more outgoing person that also is reflected by the way you speak to people when your own sexual orientation or the one from the person you are talking to is completely unimportnat, like in your case your mate from universtity.
Boarder35m is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:50 AM   #126
country flag ModestyB

ModestyB has a reputation beyond reputeModestyB has a reputation beyond reputeModestyB has a reputation beyond reputeModestyB has a reputation beyond reputeModestyB has a reputation beyond reputeModestyB has a reputation beyond reputeModestyB has a reputation beyond reputeModestyB has a reputation beyond reputeModestyB has a reputation beyond reputeModestyB has a reputation beyond reputeModestyB has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxPower View Post
MTF is basically like the ATP tour itself.
Yes. It's all about 4 players.

I think that you can get more information on TF, like reports and pics from smaller events, more threads about lower-ranked players, players forums are very active, some of the most useful threads are very synoptic. There's no thing about women's tennis that you can't easily find on TF. As for the rest, the two boards are not that much different. There's more drama on TF probably.
ModestyB is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote