How come Tennisforum has more activity than MTF? - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-05-2012, 01:15 AM   #46
country flag Topspindoctor
Banned!

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How come Tennisforum has more activity than MTF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
Being against equal pay in slams isn't misogyny.
How about we separate WTA and ATP completely and the group that's getting the bigger amount of $$$ is the one that is generating more revenue? That way if girls manage to draw in bigger crowds, they can get paid more, if men have the biggest attendance, then they should get more. Pretty simple IMO. Of course, that would cause some fluctuations depending on which players are playing on their respective tours, but I think it would be quite fair nevertheless. WTA wouldn't be able to "leech" off ATP and should they become more popular, they would have no complaints about ATP "leeching" from them.
Topspindoctor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2012, 01:22 AM   #47
country flag River
Babolat > Other Racquets

River has a reputation beyond reputeRiver has a reputation beyond reputeRiver has a reputation beyond reputeRiver has a reputation beyond reputeRiver has a reputation beyond reputeRiver has a reputation beyond reputeRiver has a reputation beyond reputeRiver has a reputation beyond reputeRiver has a reputation beyond reputeRiver has a reputation beyond reputeRiver has a reputation beyond repute

Does it matter, a good majority of posters are paranoid and have no problem calling players they don't even know a multitude of things they'd never say in front of em anyways, lol.

You should'nt be angry that TF has more insensitive jerks than MTF, unless you be proud of that.

"Tennis is Dea-"
"Just Shut the Hell Up and quit watching already."

ATP
Roddick | Nadal | Isner | Nishikori
WTA
Sharapova <3 | Wozniacki

River is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 01:58 AM   #48
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taejin View Post

that's also the reason why the WTA gets so much TV coverage
Old 09-05-2012, 02:04 AM   #49
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveFifteen View Post
The reason TF has way more activity and fun that MTF is that TF has a much better vibe. It's funnier, friendlier, and more light-hearted. It isn't mean-spirited like some of MTF's main posters. The ambiance on MTF can get misogynist, nasty, and profoundly negative. You can already see the profound misogyny and nasty "humor" in this thread.

Another example, the nicknames on MTF are rude and mean-spirited: Piggy, Frauderer, Muggay, Fakervic, Nadull, Olderer, etc. Those are just too vitriolic to be fun.

In constrast, TF's nicknames are goofy and light-hearted. Most come from inside jokes or stories that make the board feel a sense of community: Martha, Chucky, Sarin, Vinas, Agatha, Cake, Medusah, etc.

The only MTF nickname I can think of that comes from a funny story is Pics. There are probably others though, but it's just not the same.
I guess it's a matter of personal preference. I find it bitchy and catty and immature. Just too much of a high school atmosphere. Maybe I'm just not in on the 'inside jokes.'

One of the inside jokes is that Kvitova is a pedophile, I guess because she has a younger boyfriend: like 4 years younger -- never mind how often men date women who are 10 or 15 years their junior and no one blinks. I was disappointed to see women encouraging that double standard, even in jest.

Anyways it's not sexist to state that women are more communicative than men; that's a simple fact. So it makes sense that an online community of mostly women would have more posts than an online community of mostly men.
Old 09-05-2012, 02:22 AM   #50
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

LOL at the hypocrisy of the poster complaining about discriminatory against gay men and women and then posting derrogatory comments against straight men himself
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:27 AM   #51
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

i made an account and visited the place a lot when i got two -almost consecutive- 3 month bans last years. What do i think? It was tremendously boring.

For one thing TF is an extremely fedtard website, a lot more than MTF. To that extent they were quite subjective in their opinions to the point that it was laughable. It felt like a site for teenagers and the jokes, like the trolling, were lame.

By comparision, MTF is also guilty of all of that and we do have far worse mods but at the end of the day i much prefer it to TF.
Old 09-05-2012, 07:09 AM   #52
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute

Gay men, sexist stuff, women. I won't dare go on with this subject. But I did tell everyone that tennis is never the main topic of these two forums, and that is why there is an activity difference.

One other thing to notice is the fact that on TF, lower ranked players are also followed more than here. You will find more people talking about Sharon Fichman (213) there, than about Tsung-Hua Yang (213) here.

Last edited by Slasher1985 : 09-05-2012 at 07:17 AM.
Slasher1985 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:31 AM   #53
country flag TigerTim

TigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond repute

ahhh Tsung-Hua-Yang,

a legend of the game no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SliceAce View Post
As for Mugray, what can be said? A disgusting human being, and awful player, and a choking pushing mug. He looks like a kemo patient, bald spots, hairless legs, pasty blotchy skin, busted teeth, and an ugly, snarling face. Typical antics all came out in this match: faking injuries, grimacing and cursing, trying to peg Fed, trying to start drama, undeserved final based on an exhausted old man and a joke draw.

I'm no Fakervic fan but he needs to save tennis, sadly tree trunk legs will be fresh. Interesting he's never questioned...
TigerTim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:44 AM   #54
country flag HelenShivers

HelenShivers has a reputation beyond reputeHelenShivers has a reputation beyond reputeHelenShivers has a reputation beyond reputeHelenShivers has a reputation beyond reputeHelenShivers has a reputation beyond reputeHelenShivers has a reputation beyond reputeHelenShivers has a reputation beyond reputeHelenShivers has a reputation beyond reputeHelenShivers has a reputation beyond reputeHelenShivers has a reputation beyond reputeHelenShivers has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirata. View Post
OWNED
HelenShivers is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:56 AM   #55
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
Being against equal pay in slams isn't misogyny.
The misogyny prevalent in this cesspit isn't limited to that discussion. It's evident in the first few posts in this thread. LoveFifteen made some good points about the kind of misogynistic and homophobic remarks that are posted in this forum so I can understand where he's coming from.

That said, I just don't find TF all that interesting (except when Pushniacki loses) because the environment is pretty juvenile and the over-usage of gifs is just annoying as hell. MTF has a lot of flaws which include and are certainly not limited to morons posting away with careless abandon, but I still prefer this place. I like some posters here and the general vibe isn't as juvenile as TF.
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)

Last edited by Andreas : 09-05-2012 at 10:18 AM.
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:56 AM   #56
country flag coluta

coluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
LOL at the hypocrisy of the poster complaining about discriminatory against gay men and women and then posting derrogatory comments against straight men himself
Yeah, that was the sexism I was talking about, but well... apparently calling men misogynistic and rude is ok.

I had a question for a long time and since you guys brought up that topic here it is: are posters on the bulge thread mainly gay?
I am a straight woman and I could never understand that topic.

And on topic: I have a feeling the average age on TF is lower than on MTF. That high school feeling might not be that far away from the truth and people in school tend to waste more time on the internet. Also, that comment that mentioned posting in between cooking and cleaning. I would word it differently, but think about it a little bit. You have to do something while you wait for the food to be baked. I used to work for this company who owned several women forums. It's eye opening.

One more thing: don't kid yourself that men tend to be more anti-gay than women. The main difference is that women know a little bit better when to shut up.

Last edited by coluta : 09-05-2012 at 11:08 AM.
coluta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 01:04 PM   #57
country flag MaxPower

MaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveFifteen View Post
In constrast, TF's nicknames are goofy and light-hearted. Most come from inside jokes or stories that make the board feel a sense of community: Martha, Chucky, Sarin, Vinas, Agatha, Cake, Medusah, etc.
Yes incredibly light-hearted. I can't believe it! I have no idea who Medusah is. Hope it's your avatar and not a player. But I do know Cake is for Barotoli, probably because she is fat or said she liked cake in an interview. That's typical "light-hearted" comedy right there...

Just because a place has more women and a more "cute" surface doesn't mean it can't be sinister. I think women are often more cruel in their jokes than men and often get way waaaaaay more personal.

MTF is basically like the ATP tour itself. Rougher surface but deep within most here just love the sport. You can call players stuff without any ill-will behind it. Even the players themselves pull gay jokes and call each other way dirtier stuff than is posted here just to practice together the day after. Men are like that. Often a bit more brutal on the surface but there is less meaning behind.

TF is probably a bit like the WTA tour. Very pretty surface. But deep within? Even many of the WTA players themselves are like mortal enemies and refuse to be on the same practice court or even talk to each other even if they still smile and look happy for the cameras. I wouldn't be the least surprised if TF is a way more personal, sinister and bitchier place than MTF will ever become.

Some might like that! I don't. I think it's just fine here on MTF. Good balance between experts/nerds with great knowledge of the sport and statistics, trolls and extreme fantards (they bring comedy) and your average lurkers/casuals who mostly come here to read the opinions about their fav players matches.
MaxPower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 01:05 PM   #58
country flag Hian-GOAT
Banned!

Hian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute

Tennis Forum Owning scrubs left and right
Hian-GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 01:10 PM   #59
country flag TigerTim

TigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hian View Post
Tennis Forum Owning scrubs left and right
like you, who was banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SliceAce View Post
As for Mugray, what can be said? A disgusting human being, and awful player, and a choking pushing mug. He looks like a kemo patient, bald spots, hairless legs, pasty blotchy skin, busted teeth, and an ugly, snarling face. Typical antics all came out in this match: faking injuries, grimacing and cursing, trying to peg Fed, trying to start drama, undeserved final based on an exhausted old man and a joke draw.

I'm no Fakervic fan but he needs to save tennis, sadly tree trunk legs will be fresh. Interesting he's never questioned...
TigerTim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 01:12 PM   #60
country flag Hian-GOAT
Banned!

Hian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerTim View Post
like you, who was banned
Nah. I was banned for right reasons, but I appreciated that board. I love the way a women's tennis forum has more success than a men's one.

MTF being pressed so much
Hian-GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote