How come Tennisforum has more activity than MTF? - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-04-2012, 07:41 PM   #16
country flag LoveFifteen

LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond reputeLoveFifteen has a reputation beyond reputeLoveFifteen has a reputation beyond reputeLoveFifteen has a reputation beyond reputeLoveFifteen has a reputation beyond reputeLoveFifteen has a reputation beyond reputeLoveFifteen has a reputation beyond reputeLoveFifteen has a reputation beyond reputeLoveFifteen has a reputation beyond reputeLoveFifteen has a reputation beyond reputeLoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How come Tennisforum has more activity than MTF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taejin View Post
The most viewed thread ever on MTF is "Male Players' Bulges" ...

The reason TF has way more activity and fun that MTF is that TF has a much better vibe. It's funnier, friendlier, and more light-hearted. It isn't mean-spirited like some of MTF's main posters. The ambiance on MTF can get misogynist, nasty, and profoundly negative. You can already see the profound misogyny and nasty "humor" in this thread.

Another example, the nicknames on MTF are rude and mean-spirited: Piggy, Frauderer, Muggay, Fakervic, Nadull, Olderer, etc. Those are just too vitriolic to be fun.

In constrast, TF's nicknames are goofy and light-hearted. Most come from inside jokes or stories that make the board feel a sense of community: Martha, Chucky, Sarin, Vinas, Agatha, Cake, Medusah, etc.

The only MTF nickname I can think of that comes from a funny story is Pics. There are probably others though, but it's just not the same.
LoveFifteen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2012, 07:41 PM   #17
country flag MacTheKnife
10S NE1

MacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiznot View Post
They could discuss Serena's ass for years and never cover the subject!
Now that's a post!! Nice work!!
Old 09-04-2012, 07:42 PM   #18
country flag LeChuck

LeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond repute

I rarely post here so I'm not exactly helping the cause, but I imagine that an increasing number of posters talk about tennis in a more friendly environment in the chat threads, compared to more troll-infested environment in GM.

When I joined here were trolls like Kapranos present who were hilarious and put the current brand of monotonous trolls to shame.

With regards to tennisforum, I also have an account there and used to post there more regularly in the past. However from my experience, the bigger fanbases over there i.e. the Serena, Sharapova and Henin ones etc, seem to have a far greater proportion of stupid, unbearable and ridiculously over-sensitive posters, than the corresponding ones over here. I am an Henin fan but I couldn't stand many of her fans over there, who threw their toys out of the pram whenever anyone said anything remotely negative about her, or whenever someone tried to have a realistic discussion about her without worshipping the ground she walked on. The same logic applied/applies to many Serena, Venus, Sharapova fans etc.

There was more of this ridiculous notion present that posters who supported better players were superior posters, when the achievements of tennis players who don't know you exist has absolutely fuck all to do with you .

Plus the Graf-Seles debates over there are far more hostile and endless than any Federer-Nadal argument here could ever be.
LeChuck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:42 PM   #19
country flag caisenma

caisenma has a reputation beyond reputecaisenma has a reputation beyond reputecaisenma has a reputation beyond reputecaisenma has a reputation beyond reputecaisenma has a reputation beyond reputecaisenma has a reputation beyond reputecaisenma has a reputation beyond reputecaisenma has a reputation beyond reputecaisenma has a reputation beyond reputecaisenma has a reputation beyond reputecaisenma has a reputation beyond repute

maybe their registration process is easier... i tried registering no less than five times in the last year, only to get error messages every time.
caisenma is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:44 PM   #20
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveFifteen View Post
Another example, the nicknames on MTF are rude and mean-spirited: Piggy, Frauderer, Muggay, Fakervic, Nadull, Olderer, etc. Those are just too vitriolic to be fun.

In constrast, TF's nicknames are goofy and light-hearted. Most come from inside jokes or stories that make the board feel a sense of community: Martha, Chucky, Sarin, Vinas, Agatha, Cake, Medusah, etc.
This.
Slasher1985 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:44 PM   #21
country flag ServeVolley
Banned!

ServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveFifteen View Post
The most viewed thread ever on MTF is "Male Players' Bulges" ...

The reason TF has way more activity and fun that MTF is that TF has a much better vibe. It's funnier, friendlier, and more light-hearted. It isn't mean-spirited like some of MTF's main posters. The ambiance on MTF can get misogynist, nasty, and profoundly negative. You can already see the profound misogyny and nasty "humor" in this thread.

The only MTF nickname I can think of that comes from a funny story is Pics. There are probably others though, but it's just not the same.
You're one of them, aren't you?
ServeVolley is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:46 PM   #22
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Wombat View Post
Cause menstennisforum is filled with silly fanboys who love when their favorite players throw tantrums or choke, cry hysterically after losses, call every player mugs and clowns, post random gifs of Andy Murray swearing, and wonder why King Rafa picks his underwear on court or why NoleGOAT is gaining weight.
Fixed.
verdasco

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:48 PM   #23
country flag Hian-GOAT
Banned!

Hian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute

Because people enjoy more spending time on Tennis Forum, because it is much less serious, it is funnier and fantasy/creativity is well accepted.
Some of the replies here are very sexist and beyond every limit of "intelligence". And the same people who say that are the ones who come here just because they are in desperate search of male players' cocks.
Tennis Forum is FULL of men, a few women in comparison.

MTF at his worst.

Hian-GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:51 PM   #24
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taejin View Post
verdasco

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:51 PM   #25
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute

Actually, it's quite obvious that a certain side of "tennis" attracts fans of opposite genders, and that side is the most searched for. So, TF should in theory have more men than women as Hian says. And MTF should have more women than men. Only after this side, come the fans that really enjoy the sport, but which are not the bulk of the forum members.

So, if TF's ratio is 80% men - 20% women and MTF's ratio is 40% men - 60% women, that leads to the conclusion that a forum dominated by men is more chatty than a forum infested by men. LOL
Slasher1985 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:53 PM   #26
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Well, whatever reason I find the activity here to be good enough for my taste. Too much and you're never able to keep track. Besides, I can see myself posting more on TF in the future if interesting WTA players should turn up. Currently, all the most interesting players are men. No guarantee that will remain so forever.
Litotes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:54 PM   #27
country flag Orange Wombat
Banned!

Orange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirata. View Post
Fixed.
Nice

Works either way I guess
Orange Wombat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:01 PM   #28
country flag TigerTim

TigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond repute

Chat threads are a lot more active
Quote:
Originally Posted by SliceAce View Post
As for Mugray, what can be said? A disgusting human being, and awful player, and a choking pushing mug. He looks like a kemo patient, bald spots, hairless legs, pasty blotchy skin, busted teeth, and an ugly, snarling face. Typical antics all came out in this match: faking injuries, grimacing and cursing, trying to peg Fed, trying to start drama, undeserved final based on an exhausted old man and a joke draw.

I'm no Fakervic fan but he needs to save tennis, sadly tree trunk legs will be fresh. Interesting he's never questioned...
TigerTim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:05 PM   #29
country flag LoveFifteen

LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond reputeLoveFifteen has a reputation beyond reputeLoveFifteen has a reputation beyond reputeLoveFifteen has a reputation beyond reputeLoveFifteen has a reputation beyond reputeLoveFifteen has a reputation beyond reputeLoveFifteen has a reputation beyond reputeLoveFifteen has a reputation beyond reputeLoveFifteen has a reputation beyond reputeLoveFifteen has a reputation beyond reputeLoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute

MTF isn't a place where many women or gay men feel comfortable so it's naturally going to have a more limited appeal. Additionally, things just aren't nearly as funny or creative here.

We talk about tennis all the time at TF, but we also talk about other things. That's how community is built, and that's why it has loads more users than MTF.

And please, don't act superior as if MTF is some bastion of wisdom and serious tennis discussion. Ever time I come here, I get inundated with negative, mean-spirited posts like: "What a clown! Birdshit is such a fraud. He can't even return Nadull's mug serve. Even Frauderer wouldn't let Fakervic **** him in the ass like that. What a faggot! Pics is such a pathetic mug. He's an even bigger pusher than Muggay. Why can't he beat that pusher mug RodDICK!"

That kind of endless hate and negativity isn't even funny or creative. It's a huge turn off.

Last edited by Andreas : 09-04-2012 at 08:16 PM.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:09 PM   #30
country flag LoveFifteen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allez View Post
It is not overly moderated with entire threads and posts being deleted just because some fan girl mod doesn't like the content etc. They let the conversation run its course over there.
Not true. The Politics sub-forum was so active and full of hostility that the mods deleted it because it was too time-consuming for them to moderate. The mods at TF are very active, and do not tolerate racism, homophobia, or sexism. I encounter loads of it here at MTF, and it never seems to disappear, even when I report the post to the mods. They just don't seem to care about protecting gay people from vitriol here, and that's a huge turn-off to a lot of straight women, too.