If you ever visit Barcelona... - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-05-2012, 07:00 PM   #46
country flag Gagsquet
Banned!

Gagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If you ever visit Barcelona...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole fan View Post
Yes, my own. Means I founded it and I run it and I own it.
Great mag
Gagsquet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2012, 08:34 PM   #47
country flag gaitare

gaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Plus I run another magazine which is my own, an indie music monthly. www.go-mag.com
Some simple, pretty covers. In theory it shouldn't be difficult to make a music mag cover because of all the cool promo photos available but so many manage to fuck up.

Two questions:

1) It has over 100 issues already, did you create it from the very beginning or just relaunched it?

2) How on earth do you make even a slight profit on a print indie music magazine these days? Do you have other magazines to "cover" for it so you have enough money to do this one out of passion?
gaitare is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:09 PM   #48
country flag fast_clay

fast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond repute

it looks like this mag has potential... i mean, you're lucky that it's barca, plenty of tourist dollars and its one of the great euro metropolis'... and when you do get successful you need to keep it real by doing a hard hitting, yet educational pictorial for the local barca youth with topspindoctor applying various creams to his genitalia after an intense 3 day binge down in the raval...
fast_clay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:25 PM   #49
country flag Nole fan
The new era of SuperNovak

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaitare View Post
Some simple, pretty covers. In theory it shouldn't be difficult to make a music mag cover because of all the cool promo photos available but so many manage to fuck up.

Two questions:

1) It has over 100 issues already, did you create it from the very beginning or just relaunched it?

2) How on earth do you make even a slight profit on a print indie music magazine these days? Do you have other magazines to "cover" for it so you have enough money to do this one out of passion?
1) I founded it in April 2000. I created it from the very beginning. It's also a free magazine. Actually Spain or rather Barcelona has the best free music press in the world, and Im not saying that because I own one of them. There is a big tradition of free indie mags here.

2) Good question. Best years were from 2002 to 2007. After that it's all been downhill. These days we are not making any profit, with some issues I have benefits, with others I lose money, it really depends on the month. Winter months are the worst, summer months are the best (because of festivals and concerts). I don't make money out of music for sure, my clients are usually alcohol, cars or urban fashion brands, as well as festivals and events. We exclusively make profit from advertising. But it's probable that i will have to shut it down soon.

Either you get him or you don't.

Novak Djokovic provisional nº2

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 01:59 AM   #50
country flag Nole fan

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast_clay View Post
it looks like this mag has potential... i mean, you're lucky that it's barca, plenty of tourist dollars and its one of the great euro metropolis'... and when you do get successful you need to keep it real by doing a hard hitting, yet educational pictorial for the local barca youth with topspindoctor applying various creams to his genitalia after an intense 3 day binge down in the raval...
Seeing as you speak the lingo, let me correct a common mistake guiris make... the diminutive of Barcelona is not Barca, it's Barna. I guess this comes from football but it's also wrong. The diminutive of FC Barcelona is not Barca either, it's Barça (ç being a letter only catalans and other minoritary languages use), and we pronounce it as Barsa. Hope that helps. End of lesson.

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Old 09-06-2012, 03:47 AM   #51
country flag Naudio Spanlatine
I wanna taste u.

Location: Lust and/or Love of fire. My heaven has awaited me.
Naudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond repute

Nice magazine Nina, great job girlie
Old 09-06-2012, 06:41 AM   #52
country flag fast_clay

fast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Seeing as you speak the lingo, let me correct a common mistake guiris make... the diminutive of Barcelona is not Barca, it's Barna. I guess this comes from football but it's also wrong. The diminutive of FC Barcelona is not Barca either, it's Barça (ç being a letter only catalans and other minoritary languages use), and we pronounce it as Barsa. Hope that helps. End of lesson.
my keyboard doesnt have mad skillz
fast_clay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:37 AM   #53
country flag Shinoj

Shinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond repute

All the Best.

By the Way You are following Your Passion and there is nothing Bigger than that.

Last edited by Shinoj : 09-06-2012 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Added the second Line
Shinoj is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:09 AM   #54
country flag bokehlicious
♥ eve ♥

bokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
(ç being a letter only catalans and other minoritary languages use)
bokehlicious is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:40 AM   #55
country flag Gagsquet
Banned!

Gagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond repute

200 million of people is not a minority Nole fan.
Gagsquet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 12:19 PM   #56
country flag Nole fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagsquet View Post
200 million people speak Catalan? wow

Old 09-12-2012, 12:22 PM   #57
country flag bokehlicious
♥ eve ♥

bokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond repute

French is not exactly a "minoritary language"
bokehlicious is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 12:23 PM   #58
country flag Nole fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by durrrr View Post
French is not exactly a "minoritary language"
I didn't think about the French... point taken.

Old 09-12-2012, 01:23 PM   #59
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagsquet View Post
200 million? More like 74 million (native) speakers.

In fact, French isn't the most spoken language that uses the letter ç (Portuguese holds that distinction).

Oh and as a native Catalan speaker, I'm saddened by the way the original language of Barcelona is belittled by the OP. Barcelona, ara i sempre catalana!
Har-Tru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 01:29 PM   #60
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Har-Tru View Post
200 million? More like 74 million (native) speakers.
gagsquet was probably talking about brazilians