Where will federer and nadal fans go.. - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-04-2012, 06:52 AM   #1
country flag Andy1402

Andy1402 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy1402 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy1402 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy1402 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy1402 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy1402 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy1402 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy1402 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy1402 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy1402 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy1402 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Where will federer and nadal fans go..

after they retire?
These two players have the biggest fanbases in tennis. Federer is close to retirement (2-3 years maybe) and who knows how long nadal will continue to destroy his body.
So, who will all the fans (who will be searching for someone new) support once they are gone?

-Jay Z
Andy1402 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2012, 07:04 AM   #2
country flag RajFederer

RajFederer has a reputation beyond reputeRajFederer has a reputation beyond reputeRajFederer has a reputation beyond reputeRajFederer has a reputation beyond reputeRajFederer has a reputation beyond reputeRajFederer has a reputation beyond reputeRajFederer has a reputation beyond reputeRajFederer has a reputation beyond reputeRajFederer has a reputation beyond reputeRajFederer has a reputation beyond reputeRajFederer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where will federer and nadal fans go..

im gonna support DelPo after federer retires.. i like dolgopolov too .. lets see how far he goes!!
RajFederer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:04 AM   #3
country flag Jverweij

Jverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond repute

Fed might play for another 4 years?

I wouldn't know really. For me there are very little exciting players coming up. I don't like Tomic, Harrison is boring, Raonic is too one-dimensional, Dimitrov is overrated..

I like Kohli, Haas, Nalbandian, Youhzhny...but all these guys will probably retire at the same time as Fed. So might be abit of a dry spell from tennis for me.
Jverweij is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:06 AM   #4
country flag RajFederer

RajFederer has a reputation beyond reputeRajFederer has a reputation beyond reputeRajFederer has a reputation beyond reputeRajFederer has a reputation beyond reputeRajFederer has a reputation beyond reputeRajFederer has a reputation beyond reputeRajFederer has a reputation beyond reputeRajFederer has a reputation beyond reputeRajFederer has a reputation beyond reputeRajFederer has a reputation beyond reputeRajFederer has a reputation beyond repute

Whoever i may choose to support after Federer retirement.. i just cant show the same love to them.. same tension.,. same drama.. same emotions.. never.. !!!

Federer was beyond imagination for me.. ill just support these guys.. but can never njoy the same good old days of federer!!
RajFederer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:47 AM   #5
country flag Roger the Dodger

Roger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond repute

The tennis fans will stay even after they retire, no doubt. Of course, it creates a void difficult to fill, but I know there will still be a few players out there who will play the game beautifully, and I will surely support them.
Down in the street little eddies of wind were whirling dust and torn paper into spirals, and though the sun was shining and the sky a harsh blue, there seemed to be no color in anything, except the posters that were plastered everywhere. The black mustachioed face gazed down from every commanding corner. There was one on the house-front immediately opposite.BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU, the caption said, while the dark eyes looked deep into Winston's own. Down at street level another poster, torn at one corner, flapped fitfully in the wind, alternately covering and uncovering the single word INGSOC. (1.1.4)
Roger the Dodger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:47 AM   #6
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Arkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond repute

I loved Rafter beyond belief when he was playing and survived his retirement. (cried bucketloads, not as much as when he lost the 2001 Wimbledon final but almost)

Might take me a while to really get into any new player after Fedal (Ferru is also old, so JMDP will probably be my #1 after they are gone) but since I love the sport I will either find a new player to support or will continue watching in a more neutral way.

Arkulari is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:56 AM   #7
country flag ballbasher101

ballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond repute

No one is bigger than the game. I like Federer but great players come and go. Laver, Sampras, Agassi, Connors, Ivan, Borg and Becker all came went. The game moves on. Del Potro, Murray and Djokovic will be here for the next five years and in that time more great players will emerge.
ballbasher101 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:57 AM   #8
country flag sportstennis

sportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond repute

Federer is close to retirement (2-3 years maybe)

〇Federer is close to retirement (3-4 years maybe)

Nadal "Sampras, Ivanisevic match. or one between those kind of players, is not enjoyable. It's not really tennis. it is a few swings of the racquet. For me in the past it was just serve. serve" smug arrogant.

clay excluded. successive win 0.  If grass and a hard are fast. Like Sampras era. Nadal is able to win only with clay. power of defense and muscles. boring ugly. All the surface is slow now.

fake time-out. cheat. gamesmanship. too noisy annoying always. excuse. boycotts threatened. always dissatisfaction cry complaints. dissatisfaction to schedule. selfish two-year ranking. bump to player. ugly protest. always exaggerated appeal of self condition. etc. overrated by fanatic arrogant blind fan
sportstennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:14 AM   #9
country flag IOFH

IOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond repute

I'm just probably going to troll tennis forums about Fed's GOATness and diminish and ridicule the current players.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:21 AM   #10
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

I'll just have to find another nice player to watch to support and possibly another ballbasher ala Safin .

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Say what you want about Federer playing Baghdatis and Gonzo in AO finals... But at least he won them
Looner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:21 AM   #11
country flag Andy1402

Andy1402 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy1402 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy1402 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy1402 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy1402 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy1402 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy1402 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy1402 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy1402 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy1402 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy1402 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballbasher101 View Post
No one is bigger than the game. I like Federer but great players come and go. Laver, Sampras, Agassi, Connors, Ivan, Borg and Becker all came went. The game moves on. Del Potro, Murray and Djokovic will be here for the next five years and in that time more great players will emerge.
I am not saying tennis will stop after fedal are gone. I am merely asking who you will support after they have gone.

-Jay Z
Andy1402 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:39 AM   #12
country flag BroTree123

BroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond repute

I will watch Raonic.
No words can describe me.
Without me, it would be just aweso.
No shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
Never held a racquet in my life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
I've played the game for close to 10 years. This should come as no surprise to many.

Banned Users
BroTree123 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:49 AM   #13
country flag Topspindoctor

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

Find another talented player of new generation to support. I dunno who yet, there are many incredible choices: Young, Sock, Harrison, Tomic, Dimitrov...ATP tennis is heading into the strongest era ever and I feel privileged that I will be able to witness the epic struggles between the aforementioned guys in 4-5 years

Nadal - GOAT
Sergiy Stakhovsky - Great purger of evil and talented shotmaker
Berdych aka Twitter GOAT - Nose destroyer

2004-2007 = weakest tennis era
2011 = dark age of tennis

2008/2010/2013 = Greatest years of tennis.
Topspindoctor is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:54 AM   #14
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

I survived Safin's retirement (with not less tears than Arkulari Rafter's ret ), I've always admired Fed's game but Rafa kind of captured me after that and now I'm already too addicted to stop watching tennis.
It's still interesting to see what can become of those young kids.
Old 09-04-2012, 11:16 AM   #15
country flag justandra

justandra has a reputation beyond reputejustandra has a reputation beyond reputejustandra has a reputation beyond reputejustandra has a reputation beyond reputejustandra has a reputation beyond reputejustandra has a reputation beyond reputejustandra has a reputation beyond reputejustandra has a reputation beyond reputejustandra has a reputation beyond reputejustandra has a reputation beyond reputejustandra has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going to Andy Murray as for as being a big fan, he's number 2 behind Fed for me. I like some other players also so I will have plenty to watch, just not too many I will make a point of recording every match if I'm at work.
justandra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote