Question about the Lifetime membership - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2012, 03:09 PM   #1
country flag Nekromanta
Banned!

Nekromanta has a reputation beyond reputeNekromanta has a reputation beyond reputeNekromanta has a reputation beyond reputeNekromanta has a reputation beyond reputeNekromanta has a reputation beyond reputeNekromanta has a reputation beyond reputeNekromanta has a reputation beyond reputeNekromanta has a reputation beyond reputeNekromanta has a reputation beyond reputeNekromanta has a reputation beyond reputeNekromanta has a reputation beyond repute
Default Question about the Lifetime membership

Ok so I'm ignorant about this whole lifetime membership thing so I would like the dear mod team to enlighten me about it. This is what I posted yesterday in the wrong section of the forum. Maybe it's full of erroneous speculation so please point out where I'm wrong and why. Thanks for your patience and wisdom:

Nekromanta:" Ok so let's discuss this... I make an internet forum and offer a "product" or service called Premium, LIFETIME membership for 25$. Then I pocket the money and simply ban the user permanently. Seriously, what kind of procedure is that? Ban the member for months, years, but permanently? If you're a serious, professional person, you have to give back the $ if you ban him permanently. The idea for this topic arose in connection with the Clay Death ban. Seriously people, in his case the LIFETIME membership was a big disadvantage. Did anybody warn him he could get permabanned, that is, cheated out of his money and screwed over? Does "lifetime member" in reality mean permanently banned member for a lifetime? It's especially painful because the victim of this financial and moral crime is my friend CD. (Of course I take that all back about the theft if he DID get his money back, got warned about the possible permaban, etc.) CD is good natured guy who's almost like a child, I'm going to miss him posting his pelican and boat pictures."

Also, it's never too late to reconsider unbanning Clay Death. I know there has been precedent for something like that and it would make many good people on the forum happy.
Nekromanta is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2012, 03:40 PM   #2
country flag Steve
webmaster

Steve has a reputation beyond reputeSteve has a reputation beyond reputeSteve has a reputation beyond reputeSteve has a reputation beyond reputeSteve has a reputation beyond reputeSteve has a reputation beyond reputeSteve has a reputation beyond reputeSteve has a reputation beyond reputeSteve has a reputation beyond reputeSteve has a reputation beyond reputeSteve has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question about the Lifetime membership

When you register for the site you agree to the terms of use and the site's rules. When you purchase a premium membership be it lifetime or not you agree to the terms of use. This includes that you do not get immunity from the rules or from being banned. The lifetime status means the premium membership you have does not expire while your account is in good standing. If your account is banned its banned and you are removed from the site. If the party involved is concerned they are welcome to contact me directly to discuss this. In the case of Clay Death the account was registered in 2008 and the premium membership was purchased in 2009. This is not a case of just purchased this membership and now I was banned. They clearly have been here long enough to know the rules.
Old 09-05-2012, 04:52 PM   #3
country flag Nekromanta
Banned!

Nekromanta has a reputation beyond reputeNekromanta has a reputation beyond reputeNekromanta has a reputation beyond reputeNekromanta has a reputation beyond reputeNekromanta has a reputation beyond reputeNekromanta has a reputation beyond reputeNekromanta has a reputation beyond reputeNekromanta has a reputation beyond reputeNekromanta has a reputation beyond reputeNekromanta has a reputation beyond reputeNekromanta has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question about the Lifetime membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
When you register for the site you agree to the terms of use and the site's rules. When you purchase a premium membership be it lifetime or not you agree to the terms of use. This includes that you do not get immunity from the rules or from being banned. The lifetime status means the premium membership you have does not expire while your account is in good standing. If your account is banned its banned and you are removed from the site. If the party involved is concerned they are welcome to contact me directly to discuss this. In the case of Clay Death the account was registered in 2008 and the premium membership was purchased in 2009. This is not a case of just purchased this membership and now I was banned. They clearly have been here long enough to know the rules.
Well, even if I can't really agree with everything you say, at least that's not the usual evasive answer and you seem like a correct person.
I wouldn't even waste my time with all this mess but you know Clay Death has no "Steve" and "John" on this board, only his friends. In addition, I cannot comprehend how someone who used to abuse every feature of the board like Sapeod got brought back from permaban while a nice adult person like Clay Death who misbehaves only when provoked and even contributed some $ to this site is left banned.

Anyway, thank you for your answer and your time. If you had browsed the board more often you would know what kind of person CD is and that he doesn't deserve this ban. It's still not too late to peep into some of his posts...
Nekromanta is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread