Bernard Tomic SLAMMED by Rafter, Masur - may be left out of Davis Cup - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-03-2012, 02:06 AM   #16
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bernard Tomic SLAMMED by Rafter, Masur - may be left out of Davis Cup

As he deserves to be. That performance vs. Roddick was a semi-tank, utterly pathetic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxas21 View Post
+1

you can't comprehend the aussies. they admire a bogan who has behaved much worse than him throughout most of his career and can't stop criticizing a 19 year old kid.
At least with Hewitt you always knew he was giving it his all. At least with Hewitt, his effort was never in question.

Tomic just doesn't give a shit, and it's sickening, really. I was rooting for Roddick the other day, but even I was pissed with Tomic's total indifference.
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2012, 02:06 AM   #17
country flag grahampros

grahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bernard Tomic SLAMMED by Rafter, Masur - may be left out of Davis Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke944 View Post
so because Pat Rafter lost in the first round of the US Open he can't criticize him? good one bro
The point being he's had his own humiliating low points in his own career, so he should know better then to jump on the young guy publicly.
grahampros is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 02:09 AM   #18
country flag fluffyyelloballz

fluffyyelloballz has a reputation beyond reputefluffyyelloballz has a reputation beyond reputefluffyyelloballz has a reputation beyond reputefluffyyelloballz has a reputation beyond reputefluffyyelloballz has a reputation beyond reputefluffyyelloballz has a reputation beyond reputefluffyyelloballz has a reputation beyond reputefluffyyelloballz has a reputation beyond reputefluffyyelloballz has a reputation beyond reputefluffyyelloballz has a reputation beyond reputefluffyyelloballz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dencod16 View Post
I don't think it has anything to do with Hewitt, i think they have been getting along lately.

Q. Pat is obviously the captain, but are you the sort of guy who might get in Bernie's ear?

LLEYTON HEWITT: I don't know. You know, I've got along well with Bernie for the last couple of years now, and, you know, we have practiced quite a bit together, nearly at most tournaments we have played last couple years, or last year and a half or so. And then, you know, obviously we were the only two guys in the Olympics on the men's side, so we spent a lot of time together there, as well. In terms of all that, I think he does listen to me quite a bit. Even when he's spoken about things, you know, whether he was playing Roddick or, yeah, his game a little bit during the Olympics when he was down on confidence a little bit. So, yeah, that's what I'm there for. Been around for a long time now. Yeah, he had a disappointing loss here in the second round last year to Cilic, and then he came out and played pretty well in the Davis Cup against Roger and Stan. Yeah, hopefully he can get it together.

I think everyone knows that he wasn't that one that made the decision not to practice with Hewitt but his douche father.

Thanks.
Nice to know they get along.
Hewitt achieved so much at a young age and is a great role model for Tomic. He also knows how it feels to be less than popular at times.

http://www.thetennisreview.com/roger...r-and-against/
Federer, the US Open 2014 and Slam No.18- The Case For and Against
fluffyyelloballz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 02:19 AM   #19
country flag emotion
Racquet smash enthusiast

emotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond repute

It's on clay anyway. They have no chance. It'd be a nice statement. Put Matosevic in with Hewitt and Hewitt/Guccione in doubles (or Matosevic, who seems shockingly good at dubs)
I don't think it'll hurt them and Rafter is totally right

Robredo, Matosevic, Estrella, Dolgopolov, Hanescu, Kukushkin, Chiudinelli, Gulbis, Rosol, Bozoljac, Gabashvili, Hernych, Starace, Stakhovsky, Brown, Garcia-Lopez, Zeballos, Herbert, Istomin, Kohlschreiber, Tursunov, Robert, Monaco, Djokovic, Gonzalez, Thiem
emotion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 02:34 AM   #20
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

It's an effort thing. Get outplayed and lose yeah, but don't just call it quits like Nard Dog did.

He needs the proper guidance. Needs to listen to winners like Rafter and Hewitt who made it to the top of the rankings.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 02:37 AM   #21
country flag pray-for-palestine-and-israel

pray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond repute

he needs this kind of kick up the ass

talent alone wont do it
Old 09-03-2012, 02:42 AM   #22
country flag grahampros

grahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pray-for-palestine-and-israel View Post
he needs this kind of kick up the ass

talent alone wont do it
I dont disagree the kid needs kick in the ass. Publicly just isnt the way to do it. That solves nothing.
Old 09-03-2012, 02:43 AM   #23
country flag fluffyyelloballz

fluffyyelloballz has a reputation beyond reputefluffyyelloballz has a reputation beyond reputefluffyyelloballz has a reputation beyond reputefluffyyelloballz has a reputation beyond reputefluffyyelloballz has a reputation beyond reputefluffyyelloballz has a reputation beyond reputefluffyyelloballz has a reputation beyond reputefluffyyelloballz has a reputation beyond reputefluffyyelloballz has a reputation beyond reputefluffyyelloballz has a reputation beyond reputefluffyyelloballz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grahampros View Post
I dont disagree the kid needs kick in the ass. Publicly just isnt the way to do it. That solves nothing.
I agree. They are bitching about him basically. They should say it to his face and his face only.

http://www.thetennisreview.com/roger...r-and-against/
Federer, the US Open 2014 and Slam No.18- The Case For and Against
fluffyyelloballz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 02:54 AM   #24
country flag MuzzahLovah

MuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond repute

Lol, Tomictards never give up. He behaved disgracefully and deserves whatever he gets.

Emperor Nishikori- King of Comeback- Slayer of Demons- Champion of Tokyo- Conquistador of Barcelona
MuzzahLovah is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 03:02 AM   #25
Dmitry Verdasco

Dmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond repute

Just saw the interview again, a few more points...

- still not where he should be, needs to get in and do the hard work
- a lot of growing, and mentioned the big d word, which was disgrace, not Davis Cup (apologies.....)
- sick and tired of tiptoeing around it (Bernard and his work ethic, performances)
- has to pull his socks up if he wants to be a part of this team (Davis Cup)

It was actually worse watching it the second time

Masur now going on about funding, and they need to show results. Like Tomic is the only one being funded by Tennis Australia. I just don't get what they think.

NADAL - TURSUNOV - BOLELLI - NALBANDIAN - MATOSEVIC
HINGIS - DEMENTIEVA - DOKIC - KOURNIKOVA - PIERCE - GOLOVIN - RADWANSKA - BENCIC - BARTHEL

Dmitry Verdasco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 03:06 AM   #26
country flag grahampros

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuzzahLovah View Post
Lol, Tomictards never give up. He behaved disgracefully and deserves whatever he gets.
Not really. I dont really like the guy,so in no way a TC whatever you call the shit. It's just not a good way to improve the situation. It just makes it worse.
Old 09-03-2012, 03:14 AM   #27
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Arkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond repute

I don't like Tomic at ALL but he's by far the most decent Aussie player after Hewitt, so they cannot afford to kick him out of DC if they want to win the next tie (hell, who's gonna play with him once Lleyton retires? the state of Australian tennis is just right now)

Does he lack effort? YES, so put him into a kinda boot camp during DC call-ups and work on that with the guy, the way he played that last set vs Roddick was worth of a fine

Arkulari is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 03:16 AM   #28
country flag pray-for-palestine-and-israel

pray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grahampros View Post
its probably been done behind closed doors to no avail
i think this is them trying to make him change before it overtakes him
tomic has real talent but hes not putting the work in
he needs to be punished
left out of dc
maybe it lights a fire
no glory without passion
Old 09-03-2012, 03:26 AM   #29
country flag dencod16

dencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond repute

I think he will step up for Davis Cup. And MuzzahLovah don't use the word behave disgracefully and have Murray as a profile pic.
dencod16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 03:32 AM   #30
country flag atennisfan

atennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewitt =Legend View Post

Rafter is right to an extent but the reason he is overly pissed is because he knows how good B-Nard can be.
I think this is the truth.

It's more hurting to see a very talented person squander their talent by having all the wrong attitude.
People need to wake up. Olderer is not winning anymore slams - neither is he going to become #1.
atennisfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote