Rafael Nadal Injury/Health Update Thread : Nadal confirmed for Viña del Mar - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Will he return?

He will recover and win 2 or more slams 142 58.44%
He will recover, and win 1 more slam 44 18.11%
He will recover, but never win another slam 37 15.23%
He will recover, but never get back to top 10 3 1.23%
He will never play another match again 17 7.00%
Voters: 243. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2012, 04:21 PM   #76
country flag Ash86

Ash86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Rafael Nadal Injury/Health Update Thread : Spanish Press: Nadal not in DC etc

Report today in Marca - from Google Translate:

Quote:
When Alex Corretja asked to meet with Rafael Nadal on 20 August, the two ate together at the Real Club de Tenis Barcelona. before the Davis Cup captain left for the United States to the last Grand Slam of the year. There, Rafa told him that the options have their competition in the semi-finals of the Davis were minimal. However, Alex wanted to show their support and entrusted to the number one Spanish tennis time you expect it to be necessary. The Spanish Tennis Federation has delayed the announcement of the squad for the penultimate round until next Tuesday, the deadline, but Corretja returns this weekend to New York knowing he will be missing for the third consecutive tie with Nadal.

The Spaniard had the illusion reappear in the series, after missing two months of official competition, but the recovery of his left knee, which suffers Hoffa's disease, is slower than expected and does not take risks. After undergoing further medical tests yesterday in Vitoria, and although the improvement is sensitive, has been ruled out for inclusion in the quartet will present the Navy from 14 to 16 September in Gijón against America.

Remember that started two weeks ago in CIMA Clinic of Barcelona, ​​at the hands of his doctor Angel Ruiz Cotorro, a treatment for the knees that had to leave the track workouts waiting to come back next week, although no a specific date for this.

Hard Asian tour

In fact neither is sure Rafa participation in the Asian tour, which is aimed at the Beijing Open 500 and the Shanghai Masters 1000. Defend 300 points in the final in Tokyo in 2011, but now the ranking is the least care. Wants to return to the full terms and perhaps the return on cement, more aggressive surface for your joints, not the most appropriate at this stage of the campaign and when the most important thing is to prepare the financial year 2013, which has already made clear it will be much more selective with your schedule if necessary.

But until the 2012 calendar last sheet exhausted everything seems to be in the air. It is not even certain that Nadal may be on the appointment of teachers end of year, to be held at the O2 London from 5 to 12 November, and he agreed mathematically after his seventh title at Roland Garros in June. There are certain Roger Federer, the current world No. 1, and Novak Djokovic. Andy Murray and David Ferrer may be the fourth and fifth mathematically in contention and according to their results in this year's U.S. Open.
http://www.marca.com/2012/09/01/teni...346508404.html

I'm kind of inclined to think he'll write the whole year off too. His interview at the Madrid game the other day didn't sound like he was returning anytime soon - said he'll wait until he knows he'll be at the top level which to him means able to beat Novak, Roger, Andy etc. Returning for WTF would probably just be a confidence destroyer. The downside of not playing at all will be a lot of ranking pressure next season when he has to defend AO final and all the clay titles - any slip up and he could plummet.
Ash86 is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2012, 04:25 PM   #77
country flag Sanya

Sanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spanish Press: Nadal not in DC; rest of season inc. WTF in doubt

Maybe he would appear only at WTF. You can argue about needed practice, but I can remember some examples in past - Coria in 2004 and others.
Old 09-01-2012, 04:25 PM   #78
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

BigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It is not even certain that Nadal may be on the appointment of teachers end of year, to be held at the O2 London from 5 to 12 November, and he agreed mathematically after his seventh title at Roland Garros in June.
What?
BigJohn is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-01-2012, 04:27 PM   #79
country flag Ash86

Ash86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn View Post
What?
Well obviously Google doesn't translate well! Just saying it's not guaranteed he'll be at WTF though he qualified mathematically by winning his 7th Roland Garros.
Old 09-01-2012, 04:28 PM   #80
country flag Allez

Allez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond repute

This is just terrible but I also don't see the point of going on the Asian swing. I had hoped he'd still play some European Indoor events culminating in the WTF.
Allez is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-01-2012, 04:29 PM   #81
country flag ServeVolley
Banned!

ServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond repute

He should call it a career. One more RG than Borg was all he needed to cement the legacy... No point destroying his body further when he has nothing left to prove.
ServeVolley is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-01-2012, 04:31 PM   #82
country flag Ash86

This will also mean Tipsy gets to participate in another WTF.

For tennis' sake Rafa - please play.
Old 09-01-2012, 04:34 PM   #83
country flag Serverer
Banned!

Serverer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond reputeServerer has a reputation beyond repute

expected. 6 months looks like the accurate prediction.
Serverer is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-01-2012, 04:34 PM   #84
country flag GSMnadal

GSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond repute

'Rafael Nadal is the best ever' - John McEnroe

1 AO - 9 RG - 2 W - 2 USO
GSMnadal is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-01-2012, 04:40 PM   #85
country flag Allez

Allez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond repute

If the rest of the season is a write off then we'll have to start speculating about how quickly he can get back to his best in the new year. At least apart from the current top 3, no other player can even come close so a spot in the top 4 is guaranteed, beyond that it's tough to predict...
Allez is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-01-2012, 04:43 PM   #86
country flag BroTree123

BroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond repute

Like I said, as long as he recovers properly and gets healthy, then that's all I care about. It's kind of expected that he'd miss the rest of 2012 anyway. There's no need to rush. Don't want to come back too soon and fuck up his knee again somehow on the Asian and Indoor swing coming up. If he's ready to come back by the Asian/Indoor season, great. But if he doesn't, then so be it. As long as he achieves a clean bill of health.
No words can describe me.
Without me, it would be just aweso.
No shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
Never held a racquet in my life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
I've played the game for close to 10 years. This should come as no surprise to many.

Banned Users
BroTree123 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-01-2012, 04:45 PM   #87
country flag Federer in 2

Federer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond repute

From personal experience, if Rafa is in doubt for a tournament, he ends up skipping it.

ROGER FEDERER

'Roger Federer is the best ever' - Everyone else other than John McEnroe

4 AO - 1 RG - 7 W - 5 USO

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadalfan2013 View Post
Standing ovation for Nadal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadalfan2013 View Post
Standing ovation for Federer. Disgusting.
#NoBiasTho
Federer in 2 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-01-2012, 04:51 PM   #88
country flag motorhead
Banned!

motorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn View Post
What?
motorhead is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-01-2012, 04:54 PM   #89
country flag Mountaindewslave

Mountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ServeVolley View Post
He should call it a career. One more RG than Borg was all he needed to cement the legacy... No point destroying his body further when he has nothing left to prove.
what do you mean? as far as normal life is concerned he will be fine no matter what. it's not like after his tennis career he's going to be running or 4 hours on a tennis court for no reason. he's playing it smart, recuperate fully and come back and win some more titles. only a tool like you would so easily raise a white flag and give up

------------------------ <3 Richard Gasquet <3

Rafael Nadal
Mountaindewslave is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-01-2012, 04:55 PM   #90
country flag Mountaindewslave

Mountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMnadal View Post
my feelings exactly!

------------------------ <3 Richard Gasquet <3

Rafael Nadal
Mountaindewslave is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread