Rafael Nadal Injury/Health Update Thread : Nadal confirmed for Viña del Mar - Page 35 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Will he return?

He will recover and win 2 or more slams 142 58.44%
He will recover, and win 1 more slam 44 18.11%
He will recover, but never win another slam 37 15.23%
He will recover, but never get back to top 10 3 1.23%
He will never play another match again 17 7.00%
Voters: 243. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 05:38 PM   #511
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rafael Nadal Injury/Health Update Thread : Spanish Press: Nadal not in DC etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset of Age View Post
It's his rather ghastly crew surrounding him that keeps on pushing this image of him being some kind of an innocent, ultimately vulnerable 'kid' - and yes I do hope Rafa will get rid of them - most notably that Tio Toni guy -one day, hopefully that day will come soon enough.
Just my opinion.

:
Wait...

Of all the insults and names Rafa is called on MTF, you have an issue with "kid"?

And then people wonder why you're my favorite MTF poster.

The "innocent, vulnerable kid" image you're talking about.
My guess is that you are confusing MTF, Fed forums and such with what the Nadal 'crew' actually says about Rafa. If I read reactions from Toni (the actual uncle and not the Tio Toni, Godfather, Puppetmaster MTF makes him out to be) or his manager,...I really don't get an "innocent little boy" image you are referring to. That's no longer the case.

Just my opinion.
Castafiore is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2012, 06:31 PM   #512
country flag Naudio Spanlatine
I wanna taste u.

Location: Lust and/or Love of fire. My heaven has awaited me.
Naudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rafael Nadal Injury/Health Update Thread : Spanish Press: Nadal not in DC etc

Well at least he gonna be better by next year thats great news. And the other posters in this thread needs to seriously get a life
Old 10-05-2012, 08:54 PM   #513
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

BigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just like heaven View Post
Some kids made this for Rafa.

18 kids love Rafa. Post worthy no doubt. Had this been about No2e, Nole spam would have started a thread about it.
BigJohn is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-06-2012, 12:45 AM   #514
country flag Ash86

Ash86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn View Post
18 kids love Rafa. Post worthy no doubt. Had this been about No2e, Nole spam would have started a thread about it.
It's not random kids - it's kids from disadvantaged/troubled social backgrounds helped by a Spanish charity that is supported by Nadal's foundation. So they have a closer link to Nadal than just as a sports star.

On topic, Toni was today in Brazil continuing his South American Babolat tour. Repeated that they hope to resume light practice in 15 days and also said that Nadal's calendar for next year is not yet set and he may play Acapulco and Sao Paolo. Frankly I highly doubt Sao Paolo - why play a 250 in S.America? Acapulco as a 500 might make sense instead of one of IW or Miami as winning Acapuclo is actually worth more points than getting to IW/Miami SF and much easier for Nadal - but even that would be a big decision. My impression is Toni left the door open due to the company he was in - he was in Sao Paolo after all...

Interesting comments from Toni:

- Said that Guga would have had chances to beat Nadal on clay. He can't say who would have won but they were lucky that Guga was leaving as Nadal came on the circuit. (Again given the Brazilian audience this is perhaps not too surprising a comment).
- Said that Rome 2011 was the loss that hurt them the most as Nadal could not hit any winners and it made them rethink (I actually think for Nadal it was Wimbledon - he himself has said he was much happier with Rome than Madrid and felt that in Rome Novak was just better and Nadal himself played better than he had done the previous week, whereas in Madrid Nadal thought he'd played terribly).
- Toni wants to kick Nadal's bottles that he lines up - he hates his tics.

Toni, for as much as the diehard MTF Fed fans hate him, sounds like he'd fit right in with them. Has spent this entire tour praising Federer and saying how Fed & Messi are gifted and the rest cannot reach that level. Said in every aspect Federer is better than Nadal and Nadal knows that - better for a player to aim to try and reach Nadal's level which may be achievable than Federer's which is just impossible. I actually think he believes it too - to constantly praise Federer for 10 years if he didn't seems too much and tough to keep up once Nadal's own results became so impressive. Fair enough for Toni to have his opinion but do think at times he sells his own nephew short. Sure Federer is one of the most talented ever and a level that's pretty unreachable, but Nadal's level is also pretty unreachable for most.

Last edited by Ash86 : 10-06-2012 at 12:50 AM.
Ash86 is online now View My Blog!  
Old 10-06-2012, 01:48 AM   #515
country flag Topspindoctor
Banned!

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash86 View Post

Interesting comments from Toni:

- Said that Guga would have had chances to beat Nadal on clay. He can't say who would have won but they were lucky that Guga was leaving as Nadal came on the circuit. (Again given the Brazilian audience this is perhaps not too surprising a comment).

Nadal would thrash Guga on clay. No contest. Toni trying to be diplomatic

Quote:
- Said that Rome 2011 was the loss that hurt them the most as Nadal could not hit any winners and it made them rethink (I actually think for Nadal it was Wimbledon - he himself has said he was much happier with Rome than
The key was not to hit winners, I felt Nadal was too aggressive on clay in 2011, which led to many UE's and losses. In Rome 2012, he pretty much out-wozniacki'ed Nole, frustrated him and grinded him down. Djokovic made something like 38 UE's that day. Nadal's clay game was never about pure offense it was about defensive plays, putting away obvious short balls and passing shots. In 2012 he reverted to his normal clay game from 2005-2008 and that brought success.
Topspindoctor is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-06-2012, 01:52 AM   #516
country flag Honestly

Honestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond repute

Guga could beat Nadal for sure. His bh would deal better with the moonballs than the GOAT's do.

Nadal is done btw. No more slams for this one surface wonder.
Old 10-06-2012, 02:01 AM   #517
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

BigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It's not random kids - it's kids from disadvantaged/troubled social backgrounds helped by a Spanish charity that is supported by Nadal's foundation. So they have a closer link to Nadal than just as a sports star.
Well you would not want to have the sponsor of the charity that takes care of you to stay unemployed for too long...
Old 10-06-2012, 02:29 AM   #518
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
Nadal would thrash Guga on clay. No contest. Toni trying to be diplomatic

The key was not to hit winners, I felt Nadal was too aggressive on clay in 2011, which led to many UE's and losses. In Rome 2012, he pretty much out-wozniacki'ed Nole, frustrated him and grinded him down. Djokovic made something like 38 UE's that day. Nadal's clay game was never about pure offense it was about defensive plays, putting away obvious short balls and passing shots. In 2012 he reverted to his normal clay game from 2005-2008 and that brought success.
Nadal's clay efforts in 2011 were still a lot better in 2009 and 2010. Losing in RG in 09, while in 2010 he didn't really bring it, well he didn't really need to, till the Soderling rematch in the final.

Rome was poor on his part in 2011 yeah but the rest wasn't exactly shabby. Madrid's always been a faster clay court than the other two, that's why Fed has a win over him and a 7-5 in the third in another and Djokovic had mp's in that 2009 epic.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-06-2012, 02:32 AM   #519
country flag Topspindoctor
Banned!

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
Nadal's clay efforts in 2011 were still a lot better in 2009 and 2010. Losing in RG in 09, while in 2010 he didn't really bring it, well he didn't really need to, till the Soderling rematch in the final.

Rome was poor on his part in 2011 yeah but the rest wasn't exactly shabby. Madrid's always been a faster clay court than the other two, that's why Fed has a win over him and a 7-5 in the third in another and Djokovic had mp's in that 2009 epic.
Lol. Did you watch Monte Carlo and Rome in 2010? Nadal was insane in both tournaments. MC especially was his 2008 level.

He was quite poor in Madrid for the reasons you mentioned and only average in RG except the final (didn't lose serve once to Soderling).
Topspindoctor is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-06-2012, 02:36 AM   #520
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Lol. Did you watch Monte Carlo and Rome in 2010? Nadal was insane in both tournaments. MC especially was his 2008 level.

He was quite poor in Madrid for the reasons you mentioned and only average in RG except the final (didn't lose serve once to Soderling).
He was great against Ferrer in both but I remember Fiasco being an absolute clown in the MC final.

I remember RG though he almost dropped a set to Melzer and just looked like he was in third gear the whole tournament (but the clowns weren't good enough to move him up a gear) but he did step it up for the final and Soderking could not hit through him like he did the year before.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-06-2012, 12:54 PM   #521
country flag Just like heaven

Just like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn View Post
Well you would not want to have the sponsor of the charity that takes care of you to stay unemployed for too long...
Just like heaven is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-06-2012, 04:04 PM   #522
country flag deebyeah

deebyeah has a reputation beyond reputedeebyeah has a reputation beyond reputedeebyeah has a reputation beyond reputedeebyeah has a reputation beyond reputedeebyeah has a reputation beyond reputedeebyeah has a reputation beyond reputedeebyeah has a reputation beyond reputedeebyeah has a reputation beyond reputedeebyeah has a reputation beyond reputedeebyeah has a reputation beyond reputedeebyeah has a reputation beyond repute

Vamos Rafa!!!
deebyeah is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-06-2012, 04:24 PM   #523
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
On topic, Toni was today in Brazil continuing his South American Babolat tour. Repeated that they hope to resume light practice in 15 days and also said that Nadal's calendar for next year is not yet set and he may play Acapulco and Sao Paolo. Frankly I highly doubt Sao Paolo - why play a 250 in S.America? Acapulco as a 500 might make sense instead of one of IW or Miami as winning Acapuclo is actually worth more points than getting to IW/Miami SF and much easier for Nadal - but even that would be a big decision. My impression is Toni left the door open due to the company he was in - he was in Sao Paolo after all...
maybe he thinks of the ATP500 tournament in Brasil that should replace Memphis, had rather heard it would be in Rio but well maybe it will be in Sao Paulo, I don't know.
Old 10-06-2012, 05:58 PM   #524
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just like heaven View Post
What? I did not say that Rafa was bribing those kids with food and shelter in return for public displays of affection...
Old 10-06-2012, 06:23 PM   #525
country flag Singularity

Singularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Nadal was very impressive in MC, but not so much in Rome, where he could easily have lost to Gulbis, and was pushed by Ferrer in the final (for a set at least).
Singularity is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread