Rafael Nadal Injury/Health Update Thread : Nadal confirmed for Viña del Mar - Page 29 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Will he return?

He will recover and win 2 or more slams 142 58.44%
He will recover, and win 1 more slam 44 18.11%
He will recover, but never win another slam 37 15.23%
He will recover, but never get back to top 10 3 1.23%
He will never play another match again 17 7.00%
Voters: 243. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 12:19 AM   #421
country flag DJ Soup

DJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rafael Nadal Injury/Health Update Thread : Spanish Press: Nadal not in DC etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
The point is, Nadal didn't get to where he is in the sport hierarchy by being weak, soft, dumb or charitable and he sure as hell shouldn't be so now just because he has 11 slams already. Of course he wants to maximize his advantages in order to win even more. That ruthless attitude made him a champion in the first place, I don't know why Noserertards are trolling this thread and insulting him

It's not Nadal's job to babysit players lacking talent. If they want to have influence on the sport, they should win at least several slams before anyone gives a shit.
You're confused buddy.
Be ruthless within the limits of the game, not by changing the rules of the game (whether by time-wasting or pleading for a disastrous 2-year ranking, etc)
DJ Soup is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2012, 12:23 AM   #422
country flag shotgun

shotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rafael Nadal Injury/Health Update Thread : Spanish Press: Nadal not in DC etc

So he most likely won't play the DC final, looks like this tie will be very competitive, good chance for the Czechs.

On another note, it will be great for the Latin American clay swing if he plays here next year. I just wonder if the tournaments can meet his expected guarantees. Acapulco has more points and money to offer so he would surely play there.
shotgun is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-27-2012, 12:24 AM   #423
country flag hipolymer

hipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond repute

Poor Rafito. So much for the greatest fighter of all time. More like the greatest whiner of all time.

Pay your respects to the vultures. . . .

Did you know : the famous gangster Al Capone's criminal headquarters was based inside of a hotel

'82 - '91: best decade in tennis
hipolymer is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-27-2012, 12:31 AM   #424
country flag Matt01

Matt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by durrrr View Post
Yes Rafito, tennis should be played on clay exclusively. Bamos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looner View Post
I am surprised this was omitted from the interview. It was the most significant part of it .

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn View Post
I understand some fans might be concerned, but tennis is doing just fine since the second round at Wimbledon...

NID that sooner or later this thread would be polluted by Nadalhaters/Fedfans.

I think any sane tennis fan would agree that there are too many big HC tournaments on the tour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by decrepitude View Post
The courts had the same distribution of surface when he became a professional player.

Oh really? I'd say that there were less HCs and more carpet when he started playing. Not to mention that Montecarlo on clay was still a real Masters. Of course I don't even need to mention that when you go back even more there was much more grass and hence more natural surfaces in use.
Old 09-27-2012, 12:33 AM   #425
country flag grahampros

grahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun View Post
So he most likely won't play the DC final, looks like this tie will be very competitive, good chance for the Czechs.

On another note, it will be great for the Latin American clay swing if he plays here next year. I just wonder if the tournaments can meet his expected guarantees. Acapulco has more points and money to offer so he would surely play there.
We kinda knew that sometime ago ( or strongly suspected), he wouldn't be back before the end of the year. No real news there. The bigger news is now the rumblings that his off time may extend into 2013.
grahampros is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-27-2012, 03:43 AM   #426
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

BigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond repute

I posted this spot-on reply earlier...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn View Post
I understand some fans might be concerned, but tennis is doing just fine since the second round at Wimbledon...
... but some obscure and lurker Rafatard could not stop itself from bad repping it with this:

Quote:
Nadal is needed in tennis just as much u are needed in the world...well actually he's needed a lot more!
Can you spell retarded fangirl?

Talking of which:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post

I think any sane tennis fan would agree that there are too many big HC tournaments on the tour.

Come on Mattie, there are so many fails in that post it is almost as if you wanted people to make fun of you. You started your argument with I think, something you are not good at. So that was already a terrible start to your argument. But then, you followed with any sane tennis fan... That suggests two thing that could not be more wrong : it implies you consider yourself as sane (sane people don't flirt with other people using bad reps) and a tennis fan (something you are not, you're a fangirl of a couple of players and a hater of tennis since you are a Fedhater)...

Quote:

Oh really? I'd say that there were less HCs and more carpet when he started playing. Not to mention that Montecarlo on clay was still a real Masters. Of course I don't even need to mention that when you go back even more there was much more grass and hence more natural surfaces in use.
Please, more grass, more grass please

Last edited by BigJohn : 09-27-2012 at 03:49 AM.
BigJohn is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-27-2012, 07:50 AM   #427
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by decrepitude View Post
The courts had the same distribution of surface when he became a professional player. It's not as if they have changed to his disadvantage since he started, is it? It's been that way for years. So I'm afraid it's tough luck, Rafa. Being at the top involves being able to play on all surfaces.
actually, since the 70s, it's indoor tennis which has mostly disappeared (
http://tennis28.com/charts/ATP_Surfaces_1980_2006.GIF ), and Nadal and Djokovic will finish it off with the calendar project the ATP finalizes for them.

But I think the topic of surfaces is mostly polluting this thread which should be about Nadal's physical problems and comeback.

Nadal is Achilles, the tragic hero with a lot of heart and energy, greatly gifted by the Gods, but with a weakness in the legs (Federer is Hector, the well-balanced hero who is the last protection of the old citadel of classical tennis and his wife Andromaque/Mirka against Achilles and his allies but is killed by Achilles ; and Djokovic is Pâris, Fed's younger brother who causes the death of the citadel but kills Achilles Patroclus ? Carlos Moya ? Cassandra ? anyone who predicts rightly the death of the old citadel Ulysses who finds the idea of the Trojan Horse ? I don't know )

Last edited by duong : 09-27-2012 at 08:09 AM.
duong is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-27-2012, 09:26 AM   #428
country flag decrepitude

decrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

You are ignoring the fact that I said the courts had not changed TO HIS DISADVANTAGE SINCE HE STARTED. What happened before he started playing is irrelevant. And he was one of the ones behind the killing off of carpet, because that was not to his advantage.

Following ANDY MURRAY and all British tennis on
http://www.freewebs.com/britishtennis/stats.html
(click on GB Tennis Forum)
decrepitude is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-27-2012, 10:10 AM   #429
country flag Jverweij

Jverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond repute

[quote=Topspindoctor;12447163]The point is, Nadal didn't get to where he is in the sport hierarchy by being weak, soft, dumb or charitable and he sure as hell shouldn't be so now just because he has 11 slams already. Of course he wants to maximize his advantages in order to win even more. That ruthless attitude made him a champion in the first place, I don't know why Noserertards are trolling this thread and insulting him

It's not Nadal's job to babysit players lacking talent. If they want to have influence on the sport, they should win at least several slams before anyone gives a shit.[/QUOTE]

and it is everyone else's job to accomodate Rafa's needs? Just because his particular playing style inevitably gives him trouble physically, doesn't mean everyone has to adapt to that!
Jverweij is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-27-2012, 10:53 AM   #430
country flag atennisfan

atennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond repute

Federer has played many more matches than Nadal, and especially on hard courts.

What is Nadal talking about?

Just because his knees are ruined by his own style of play and by slowing down of hard court (which benefited him the most by the way), he is now blaming the number of HC tournaments?

I am expecting this post to be deleted by overzealous nadulltard mod who deleted my previous harmless posts.
People need to wake up. Olderer is not winning anymore slams - neither is he going to become #1.
atennisfan is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-27-2012, 11:32 AM   #431
country flag garad

garad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Yes, and they should be replaced by more grasscourts...
Old 09-27-2012, 02:48 PM   #432
country flag Matt01

Matt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by garad View Post
Yes, and they should be replaced by more grasscourts...

Apparently Lil'John even disagrees with that
Old 09-27-2012, 03:07 PM   #433
country flag gulzhan

gulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What on MTF isn't
gulzhan is online now View My Blog!  
Old 09-27-2012, 04:28 PM   #434
country flag August

August has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by atennisfan View Post
Federer has played many more matches than Nadal, and especially on hard courts.

What is Nadal talking about?

Just because his knees are ruined by his own style of play and by slowing down of hard court (which benefited him the most by the way), he is now blaming the number of HC tournaments?

I am expecting this post to be deleted by overzealous nadulltard mod who deleted my previous harmless posts.
The only problem with hard courts is that they're too slow. Slow HC forces players to grind, and thus destroy their joints. If HC were faster, points would be shorter, and grinding wouldn't be the only way to succeed. They should make outdoor HC's medium-paced and indoor HC ultra-fast, maybe change to carpet. Then we'd have a good equilibrium, 1/3 of season on slow surface (clay), 1/3 1/3 of season on medium-paced surface (outdoor hard), and 1/3 of season on fast surface (grass and indoor hard/carpet). It would also be easier for grinders' bodies if there were less tournaments where they'd do well. And fairer for non-grinders as they'd have equal amount of tournaments that'd suit to them compared to grinders.

Stan Wawrinka
The Saviour of Tennis
Australian Open 2014: Ended Nadal-Djokovic-Murray dominance in Slams
Monte Carlo 2014: Ended Nadal-Djokovic dominance in Masters
August is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-27-2012, 04:54 PM   #435
country flag Fuser59

Fuser59 has a reputation beyond reputeFuser59 has a reputation beyond reputeFuser59 has a reputation beyond reputeFuser59 has a reputation beyond reputeFuser59 has a reputation beyond reputeFuser59 has a reputation beyond reputeFuser59 has a reputation beyond reputeFuser59 has a reputation beyond reputeFuser59 has a reputation beyond reputeFuser59 has a reputation beyond reputeFuser59 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Chinaski View Post
Nadal is partly right.

There are too many hardcourt events but most importantly there are too many slow hardcourt events.

Even indoor asian tournaments are slow now. It's a complete joke.

paris and the wtf will be slower than ever. Just wait and see.

nobody complained about the long season in the mod-90s when guys were playing 5 set finals in the WTF after playing 80 match seasons.
Excellent comment and true too!!!
Rafa is whining to a point where he's just annoying everyone