Rafael Nadal Injury/Health Update Thread : Nadal confirmed for Viña del Mar - Page 28 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Will he return?

He will recover and win 2 or more slams 142 58.44%
He will recover, and win 1 more slam 44 18.11%
He will recover, but never win another slam 37 15.23%
He will recover, but never get back to top 10 3 1.23%
He will never play another match again 17 7.00%
Voters: 243. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 11:18 PM   #406
country flag Mountaindewslave

Mountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rafael Nadal Injury/Health Update Thread : Spanish Press: Nadal not in DC etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Soup View Post
Complete opposite to Federer.

I think it is getting obvious now that Nadal doesn't feel like he will be able to surpass Federer in greatness, and has been trying to change things in tennis lately for his own benefit.

Meanwhile, Roger plays the game and listens to lower ranked players like the great ambassador he is. He was great in 2004 and legendary in 2012, no matter how much tennis changed in between.
to be fair the majority of things that Nadal has propositioned (or did proposition while on the council) have been supported by a number of other players too, even the most ludicrous of ideas

the only truly atrocious idea he has had was the 2 year ranking system, all other suggestions had their pros and cons

you're just a Nadal hater thick and thin, he's very considerate and quite frankly I could give a shit if he's bending over backwards for his other players, what matters is that he is huge with his foundation and helping people with ACTUAL problems. like having food not to starve, not preference of hard court over clay or grass or whatever

------------------------ <3 Richard Gasquet <3

Rafael Nadal
Mountaindewslave is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2012, 11:26 PM   #407
country flag DJ Soup

DJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rafael Nadal Injury/Health Update Thread : Spanish Press: Nadal not in DC etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaindewslave View Post
to be fair the majority of things that Nadal has propositioned (or did proposition while on the council) have been supported by a number of other players too, even the most ludicrous of ideas

the only truly atrocious idea he has had was the 2 year ranking system, all other suggestions had their pros and cons

you're just a Nadal hater thick and thin, he's very considerate and quite frankly I could give a shit if he's bending over backwards for his other players, what matters is that he is huge with his foundation and helping people with ACTUAL problems. like having food not to starve, not preference of hard court over clay or grass or whatever
Sorry buddy, but I don't account for Nadal's kindness in non-tennis related matters. By all means, he could be a swell guy.
But when it comes to tennis, I'm out of fingers to count all his selfish behaviours and gamesmanship attitudes. I wasn't a hater from the start, but with time let's say I didn't like what I saw.
DJ Soup is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-26-2012, 11:57 PM   #408
country flag EliSter

EliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond repute

Rafa has good point, hope they change AO and USO to clay.

BigJohn
EliSter is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-27-2012, 12:19 AM   #409
country flag Henry Chinaski

Henry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond repute

Nadal is partly right.

There are too many hardcourt events but most importantly there are too many slow hardcourt events.

Even indoor asian tournaments are slow now. It's a complete joke.

paris and the wtf will be slower than ever. Just wait and see.

nobody complained about the long season in the mod-90s when guys were playing 5 set finals in the WTF after playing 80 match seasons.
Old 09-27-2012, 12:22 AM   #410
country flag DJ Soup

DJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond repute

Greed
Greed everywhere
Old 09-27-2012, 12:23 AM   #411
country flag atennisfan

atennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole fan View Post
Rafa: More hard courts 100 percent wrong
Matt CroninTuesday, September 25, 2012

Rafael Nadal, who has been sidelined since Wimbledon due to a knee injury, tells the Daily Mail that the ATP tour has too many hard-court events, and that he might add more clay-court tournaments to his schedule, such as those in Latin America in February.

"I can’t pretend not to play on hard courts when two of the Slams are on hard courts, but there is a mistake "with our game," Nadal said. “You don’t watch footballers playing on a hard surface, or basketball players, those sports with rapid movements. It’s not going to change for me and my generation. Hard courts are very negative for the body. I know the sport is a business and creating these courts is easier than clay or grass, but I am 100 percent sure it is wrong. I may have to play more on clay than before, but there aren’t that many options."
The problem is not the number of hardcourts, the problem is the slowing down of all hardcourts by tournaments directors, to accommodate Nadal's style of play because the spectators wanted to see Fedal finals.

Nadal is SUCH A HYPOCRITE!
People need to wake up. Olderer is not winning anymore slams - neither is he going to become #1.
atennisfan is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-27-2012, 12:25 AM   #412
country flag Topspindoctor
Banned!

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

Why should Nadal care about low ranked scrubs? Leave that to crybabies like Stakhovsky who can't win a GS first round match. Oh no a guy looking out for his own interests, let's crucify him This forum is full of kidiots.
Topspindoctor is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-27-2012, 12:26 AM   #413
country flag atennisfan

atennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey Feldman View Post
He's always been like that

change the ranking system for me
change the Madrid surface for me
less hard courts FOR ME
THIS IS SPARTAAAAAA!!!!
People need to wake up. Olderer is not winning anymore slams - neither is he going to become #1.
Old 09-27-2012, 12:30 AM   #414
country flag atennisfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Soup View Post
Sorry buddy, but I don't account for Nadal's kindness in non-tennis related matters. By all means, he could be a swell guy.
But when it comes to tennis, I'm out of fingers to count all his selfish behaviours and gamesmanship attitudes. I wasn't a hater from the start, but with time let's say I didn't like what I saw.
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Chinaski View Post
most importantly there are too many slow hardcourt events.

Even indoor asian tournaments are slow now. It's a complete joke.

paris and the wtf will be slower than ever. Just wait and see.

nobody complained about the long season in the mod-90s when guys were playing 5 set finals in the WTF after playing 80 match seasons.
+1
Old 09-27-2012, 12:51 AM   #415
country flag grahampros

grahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliSter View Post
Rafa has good point, hope they change AO and USO to clay.
LOL..that wont be happening in our life time.
grahampros is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-27-2012, 01:04 AM   #416
country flag DJ Soup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
Why should Nadal care about low ranked scrubs? Leave that to crybabies like Stakhovsky who can't win a GS first round match. Oh no a guy looking out for his own interests, let's crucify him This forum is full of kidiots.
No dude. A guy of his stature, who has been successful, SHOULD KEEP HIS MOUTH SHUT, instead of trying to change things for his own benefit, while affecting other tennis players (most players play better on Hard than on Clay, btw).
In comparison, that's one more reason Roger/Noserer is legendary.

Oh... Nadal doesn't like Hard, because it hurts!
He's such a baby.
He should have listened and changed his playing style while everyone else was pointing it out.
This is not a tragedy. This is 'Chronicle of an Injury Foretold'.
Old 09-27-2012, 01:07 AM   #417
country flag Han Solo

Han Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post
the situation is not comparable to 2009, when he came back quite quickly and not fully healthy, this time he will probably have plenty of time to practise and prepare.

When he missed the end of 2005 and the Australian open 2006, he came back very well defeating Fed in Dubai then winning Roland-Garros.

Last year, he said he didn't practise in december and was very near from winning the Australian open.

He started practising the friday before Monte-Carlo and won it.

Before Indian wells quite the same if I remember couldn't practise and played very well.

He has plenty of natural gift, he's more about that than about hard work, and nothing looks impossible for him.

The Australian open is possible, the surface is good for him, but anyway for clay and Roland-Garros, there's nothing to be afraid of imo.
Err, fair enough, I guess. But he's not "fully healthy" at the moment, and looks like he won't be for at least a while yet. So surely there must be some doubt as to how well he'll recover now. He's older than he was in 2005 (obviously).

And has he ever had this long an absence from competitive matches?
Han Solo is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-27-2012, 01:09 AM   #418
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
Why should Nadal care about low ranked scrubs?
Anyone who genuinely cares for the sport might well feel some kind of an inclination to care about those so-called 'scrubs', if only for the reason that all of the nowadays' stars have once been a 'scrub' just the same.
I hope they remember those days but somehow I doubt it.

Quote:
Leave that to crybabies like Stakhovsky who can't win a GS first round match. Oh no a guy looking out for his own interests, let's crucify him This forum is full of kidiots.
Uhm wot?

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-27-2012, 01:13 AM   #419
country flag Topspindoctor
Banned!

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset of Age View Post
Anyone who genuinely cares for the sport might well feel some kind of an inclination to care about the so-called 'scrubs', if only for the reason that all of the nowadays stars have once been a 'scrub' just the same.
I hope they remember those days but somehow I doubt it.
The point is, Nadal didn't get to where he is in the sport hierarchy by being weak, soft, dumb or charitable and he sure as hell shouldn't be so now just because he has 11 slams already. Of course he wants to maximize his advantages in order to win even more. That ruthless attitude made him a champion in the first place, I don't know why Noserertards are trolling this thread and insulting him

Quote:
Uhm wot?
It's not Nadal's job to babysit players lacking talent. If they want to have influence on the sport, they should win at least several slams before anyone gives a shit.
Topspindoctor is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-27-2012, 01:18 AM   #420
country flag Han Solo

Han Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole fan View Post
Good questions. We may be in for the most interesting and exciting season ever next year.
Indeed. Although I think this season has been excellent so far, and next season will have trouble matching it: we've had Djokovic beat Nadal AGAIN in a major final, looking set to become THE dominant player on the tour for the second consecutive year; then Nadal getting his revenge on clay and breaking records; then Federer rolling back the years and regaining number one spot; a high quality Wimbledon final; and Murray winning a first major. Putting personal preferences aside, I'm happy that the majors were shared by four players this year: it's a refreshing change (although a surprise youngster grabbing one would have been better...)
Han Solo is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread