WWW THE Match of R3: Hewitt vs. Ferrer (4) - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: WWW

Ferru in Acupulco mode, does it in 3, eats McDonalds 9 18.00%
Ferrer overcomes a rusty HewHew, in 4 14 28.00%
A Battle between two battlers, Ferrer in 5 1 2.00%
Hewitt taunts Ferrer over superior slam success, wins in3 2 4.00%
Pics realizes he should vulture elsewhere, LayLay in 5 3 6.00%
Rusty rolls back the clock, carpet, ming dynasty vase, wins in 5 11 22.00%
Ferrer/Rusty pulls out 2 4.00%
Tennis wins 8 16.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-01-2012, 11:30 AM   #31
country flag TigerTim

TigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WWW THE Match of R3: Hewitt vs. Ferrer (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossie View Post
i'm not seeing the 'tennis will lose' option.
tennis can't lose with such legends of the game competing

Quote:
Originally Posted by SliceAce View Post
As for Mugray, what can be said? A disgusting human being, and awful player, and a choking pushing mug. He looks like a kemo patient, bald spots, hairless legs, pasty blotchy skin, busted teeth, and an ugly, snarling face. Typical antics all came out in this match: faking injuries, grimacing and cursing, trying to peg Fed, trying to start drama, undeserved final based on an exhausted old man and a joke draw.

I'm no Fakervic fan but he needs to save tennis, sadly tree trunk legs will be fresh. Interesting he's never questioned...
TigerTim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2012, 01:52 PM   #32
country flag sidneythagovou

sidneythagovou has a reputation beyond reputesidneythagovou has a reputation beyond reputesidneythagovou has a reputation beyond reputesidneythagovou has a reputation beyond reputesidneythagovou has a reputation beyond reputesidneythagovou has a reputation beyond reputesidneythagovou has a reputation beyond reputesidneythagovou has a reputation beyond reputesidneythagovou has a reputation beyond reputesidneythagovou has a reputation beyond reputesidneythagovou has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WWW Match of R3: Hewitt vs. Ferrer (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
The only difference between them is that Hewitt played in a mug era and managed to vulture 2 slams and a few dozen weeks at #1 before Olderer made him his bitch (USO 2006 final ), thus more achievements. In this era, his carrer would look similar to Ferrer: No slam finals, no masters titles and no weeks at #1.
Lol at people who keep arguing with the ''if'' answers. I will admit, it's the easiest way to avoid a solid discussion
Old 09-01-2012, 02:09 PM   #33
country flag Sophitia36

Sophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson0712 View Post
I'll give you one difference, Hewitt has starpower whilst Ferrer does not. I'll give you another, Hewitt has charisma and Ferrer once again does not. I could give you more but i don't need to because you probably get the drift by now.
Hewitt, "starpower"? I only remember Hewitt in his peak years as an insufferable brat who behaved in a very rude manner. Maybe that's your definition of starpower and charisma. Personally I just felt like slapping him. That was a pity because he would have been exciting to watch otherwise. He has changed now, obviously, but unfortunately, he is also far from his former level.

Ferrer does not have the ready-made "starpower" that most people look for, I guess. That's why he's got real charisma and class. Being different is what gives you charisma, not being a media whore.

Anyway, I don't know how this match will go, half the people discussing it here are Ferrer haters who fill it with their usual drivel, like broken records...

I fear that Ferru is a little tired, he said as much himself, and he's not the bluffing type. I still think he should be able to overcome Hewitt, I'd say probably in 4 sets.
Sophitia36 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 02:49 PM   #34
country flag AnnaK_4ever

AnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond reputeAnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond reputeAnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond reputeAnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond reputeAnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond reputeAnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond reputeAnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond reputeAnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond reputeAnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond reputeAnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond reputeAnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond repute

What a dreadful NID match-up. Ferrer in 3 sets in 3+ hours.
I hope this match is scheduled last on whichever court they play.
AnnaK_4ever is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 02:56 PM   #35
country flag Tyson0712
Banned!

Tyson0712 has a reputation beyond reputeTyson0712 has a reputation beyond reputeTyson0712 has a reputation beyond reputeTyson0712 has a reputation beyond reputeTyson0712 has a reputation beyond reputeTyson0712 has a reputation beyond reputeTyson0712 has a reputation beyond reputeTyson0712 has a reputation beyond reputeTyson0712 has a reputation beyond reputeTyson0712 has a reputation beyond reputeTyson0712 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophitia36 View Post
Hewitt, "starpower"? I only remember Hewitt in his peak years as an insufferable brat who behaved in a very rude manner. Maybe that's your definition of starpower and charisma. Personally I just felt like slapping him. That was a pity because he would have been exciting to watch otherwise. He has changed now, obviously, but unfortunately, he is also far from his former level.

Ferrer does not have the ready-made "starpower" that most people look for, I guess. That's why he's got real charisma and class. Being different is what gives you charisma, not being a media whore.
Ferrer? charisma? rubbish. He looks and acts like your normal everyday construction worker which is what he really is until he was programmed to play tennis like a robot. There's nothing larger than life about him or his tennis. Hewitt's a big name who plays on big courts because he is a...big name. He's a guy that casual fans have heard of and that people want to see when they attend their first tennis events. You must be trying to get some sort of reaction of me because Hewitt had star power in abundance, he is the late night blockbuster for gods sake. He a guy that people want at their tournaments.

Ferrer's class is some stupid perception that you lot have developed because the guy has no character about his game therefore he must be classy, because he doesn't do anything to get the crowd involved and because his tennis is uninspiring and workmanlike. He aimed a ball at a baby once - yes very classy guy is David Ferrer.

Hewitt in 4 thanks. Come on
Tyson0712 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 02:57 PM   #36
country flag paseo

paseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjokerFan3 View Post
Should be interesting, two guys with similar gamestyles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by djokovicgonzalez View Post
If you place Hewitt in Ferrer's career I actually mostly agree with topspindoc. but a big difference is mental toughness. Prime Hewitt would never have choked to Murray at 2010 AO or 2011 Wimbledon. He might still have a slam, he'd at least have a final. Also, just in terms of match ups, they have different strong sides. Hewitt is, IMO, least talented no 1 ever, just a bit more than Ferrer. But I consider that an honor, a show of how much fight and well he had, while Ferrer has had his chances to do big things and fallen apart when it matters

Anyway, on topic, I think Ferrer is too good anymore and Hewitt will be tired. Ferrer in 4. I think I'll root for Rusty though
Hewitt is a counterpuncher, while Ferrer is a grinder.

They're different.
paseo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 02:58 PM   #37
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Hewitt at his best was a far better player than Pics ever was. Serve, return, backhand, volleys, mental strength, variety. Only thing Pics did better is maybe the forehand.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 03:16 PM   #38
country flag LaFuria

LaFuria has a reputation beyond reputeLaFuria has a reputation beyond reputeLaFuria has a reputation beyond reputeLaFuria has a reputation beyond reputeLaFuria has a reputation beyond reputeLaFuria has a reputation beyond reputeLaFuria has a reputation beyond reputeLaFuria has a reputation beyond reputeLaFuria has a reputation beyond reputeLaFuria has a reputation beyond reputeLaFuria has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
Are you by any chance implying that Hewitt used to be like Ferrer

Hewitt >>>>>>>>>>>> Ferrer in every way.

Hope Rusty can summon a great performance here, take out the trash and make a run to at least the QF here.

Ferrer is a poor man's Hewitt, but considering he peaked during an far inferior era then in a way the comparison makes sense.

Hewitt was tougher mentally, he had to be because he had real competition. Hewitt also was able to play at the net, which alone would make him a tactical threat against the mugs today.

That being said they are cut from the same mold and Pics will likely smoke Hewitt.
LaFuria is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 03:24 PM   #39
country flag BroTree123

BroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond repute

They both suck shit. There. End of story.
No words can describe me.
Without me, it would be just aweso.
No shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
Never held a racquet in my life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
I've played the game for close to 10 years. This should come as no surprise to many.

Banned Users
BroTree123 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 03:36 PM   #40
country flag jcempire

jcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond repute

Ferrer 6-1 6-2 6-0

Nadal Nadal Nadal
jcempire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 05:04 PM   #41
country flag TigerTim

TigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroTree123 View Post
They both suck shit. There. End of story.
you sir have failed. Go eat goats testicals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SliceAce View Post
As for Mugray, what can be said? A disgusting human being, and awful player, and a choking pushing mug. He looks like a kemo patient, bald spots, hairless legs, pasty blotchy skin, busted teeth, and an ugly, snarling face. Typical antics all came out in this match: faking injuries, grimacing and cursing, trying to peg Fed, trying to start drama, undeserved final based on an exhausted old man and a joke draw.

I'm no Fakervic fan but he needs to save tennis, sadly tree trunk legs will be fresh. Interesting he's never questioned...
TigerTim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 05:26 PM   #42
country flag Sophitia36

Sophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson0712 View Post
Ferrer's class is some stupid perception that you lot have developed because the guy has no character about his game therefore he must be classy, because he doesn't do anything to get the crowd involved and because his tennis is uninspiring and workmanlike. He aimed a ball at a baby once - yes very classy guy is David Ferrer.
The very fact that you can bring up the "baby" story alone shows your bad faith. He lobbed a ball in the stands. Stupid American media decided he had "aimed a ball at a baby." That was one of the most ridiculous "moutain-out-of-a-molehill" case I've ever seen. End of story.
His only true misstep was the one with the lady umpire, and I tend to think no one is exemplary enough to have NO cases of bad behaviour at all in a long career.

His class is not a "stupid perception". I happen to like people who are modest, soft-spoken, speak well, write well, and act respectfully (although I'm not surprised that you don't value these qualities much).
I love a guy who quotes reading as his favourite hobby, who has brains, and says culture is more important to him than sport.
Some people criticize Ferrer for treating tennis "like a job"... Well, I think he's just aware that there's more to life than tennis and sports, and that's a good thing, for me, not a bad thing.

As for his uninspiring tennis, well, his attitude is certainly inspiring to a lot of people. Having no natural advantages and yet, being able to compensate with perseverance and dedication... That can be very inspiring to many.
Sophitia36 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote