WWW THE Match of R3: Hewitt vs. Ferrer (4) - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: WWW

Ferru in Acupulco mode, does it in 3, eats McDonalds 9 18.00%
Ferrer overcomes a rusty HewHew, in 4 14 28.00%
A Battle between two battlers, Ferrer in 5 1 2.00%
Hewitt taunts Ferrer over superior slam success, wins in3 2 4.00%
Pics realizes he should vulture elsewhere, LayLay in 5 3 6.00%
Rusty rolls back the clock, carpet, ming dynasty vase, wins in 5 11 22.00%
Ferrer/Rusty pulls out 2 4.00%
Tennis wins 8 16.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-01-2012, 03:44 AM   #16
country flag nick the greek
Banned!

nick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WWW THE Match of R3: Hewitt vs. Ferrer (4)

Ferru in 3 much easier than most people expect.
nick the greek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2012, 03:44 AM   #17
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WWW Match of R3: Hewitt vs. Ferrer (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
The only difference between them is that Hewitt played in a mug era and managed to vulture 2 slams and a few dozen weeks at #1 before Olderer made him his bitch (USO 2006 final ), thus more achievements. In this era, his carrer would look similar to Ferrer: No slam finals, no masters titles and no weeks at #1.
You gotta be kidding me. Hewitt in his prime was an absolutely brilliant counterpuncher. He was also maybe the best % player tennis has ever seen, he had entire matches and tournament with barely any wrong shot selection. Any comparison to Ferrer is beyond a joke, Ferrer is at best a very, very poor man's version of what Hewitt used to be in his prime, at a push.

Even past his prime and after millions or surgeries, Hewitt has still put a better fight vs Nole at AO and Olympics than Ferrer has been able to put this year when facing any of the top 3. A prime Hewitt would be ranked #4 in 2012, with a shot at any title as long as he didn't have to face Federer (or Nadal on clay).
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 03:47 AM   #18
country flag emotion
Racquet smash enthusiast

emotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond repute

If you place Hewitt in Ferrer's career I actually mostly agree with topspindoc. but a big difference is mental toughness. Prime Hewitt would never have choked to Murray at 2010 AO or 2011 Wimbledon. He might still have a slam, he'd at least have a final. Also, just in terms of match ups, they have different strong sides. Hewitt is, IMO, least talented no 1 ever, just a bit more than Ferrer. But I consider that an honor, a show of how much fight and well he had, while Ferrer has had his chances to do big things and fallen apart when it matters

Anyway, on topic, I think Ferrer is too good anymore and Hewitt will be tired. Ferrer in 4. I think I'll root for Rusty though

Robredo, Matosevic, Estrella, Dolgopolov, Hanescu, Kukushkin, Chiudinelli, Gulbis, Rosol, Bozoljac, Gabashvili, Hernych, Starace, Stakhovsky, Brown, Garcia-Lopez, Zeballos, Herbert, Istomin, Kohlschreiber, Tursunov, Robert, Monaco, Djokovic, Gonzalez, Thiem
emotion is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 03:54 AM   #19
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by djokovicgonzalez View Post
If you place Hewitt in Ferrer's career I actually mostly agree with topspindoc. but a big difference is mental toughness. Prime Hewitt would never have choked to Murray at 2010 AO or 2011 Wimbledon. He might still have a slam, he'd at least have a final. Also, just in terms of match ups, they have different strong sides. Hewitt is, IMO, least talented no 1 ever, just a bit more than Ferrer. But I consider that an honor, a show of how much fight and well he had, while Ferrer has had his chances to do big things and fallen apart when it matters

Anyway, on topic, I think Ferrer is too good anymore and Hewitt will be tired. Ferrer in 4. I think I'll root for Rusty though
So basically Hewitt is a champion and a relentless fighter and Ferrer is a relentless choker? That pretty much sums it up.

Hewitt's talent is underrated though, he plays the percentages better than any other player I've seen. He might be lacking as far as big weapons are concerned, but he never beats himself, you beat to beat him (in his prime of course).
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 04:04 AM   #20
country flag Topspindoctor
Banned!

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
So basically Hewitt is a champion and a relentless fighter and Ferrer is a relentless choker? That pretty much sums it up.
Ferrer isn't a choker, he lacks weapons to beat the big guns - just like Hewitt did once Olderer peaked and transitional era ended, so Hewitt faded. Once again the era you play makes a huge difference. I don't see him going through combination of Nadal/Federer/Djokovic in slams during 2005/2012 (hell, even wildly incosistent guys like Safin routined Hewitt if they were hot, he simply had no weapons to compete against them even when Olderer lost (AO 2005)) - just like Ferrer could not. Hewitt took advantage, props to him for winning something with such a limited game, but by no means he would even come close to a slam today.

Quote:
Hewitt's talent is underrated though, he plays the percentages better than any other player I've seen. He might be lacking as far as big weapons are concerned, but he never beats himself, you beat to beat him (in his prime of course).
That's not talent IMO. Technique-wise, he had an awful forehand and literally WTA serve. That left him with RoS, defense and percentage play....exactly the same thing Ferrer excels at. Running down every ball like a dog which completely ruined his body by early 20's is not a good example of talent.
Topspindoctor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 04:04 AM   #21
country flag Tyson0712
Banned!

Tyson0712 has a reputation beyond reputeTyson0712 has a reputation beyond reputeTyson0712 has a reputation beyond reputeTyson0712 has a reputation beyond reputeTyson0712 has a reputation beyond reputeTyson0712 has a reputation beyond reputeTyson0712 has a reputation beyond reputeTyson0712 has a reputation beyond reputeTyson0712 has a reputation beyond reputeTyson0712 has a reputation beyond reputeTyson0712 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WWW Match of R3: Hewitt vs. Ferrer (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
The only difference between them is that Hewitt played in a mug era and managed to vulture 2 slams and a few dozen weeks at #1 before Olderer made him his bitch (USO 2006 final ), thus more achievements. In this era, his carrer would look similar to Ferrer: No slam finals, no masters titles and no weeks at #1.
I'll give you one difference, Hewitt has starpower whilst Ferrer does not. I'll give you another, Hewitt has charisma and Ferrer once again does not. I could give you more but i don't need to because you probably get the drift by now.

Hewitt to get rid of the last of the vultures in 4 sets.
Tyson0712 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 04:04 AM   #22
country flag finishingmove

finishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond repute

Ferrer in four if his thoughts vulture off somewhere for a bit.
Spending time with your children and not being a wage slave at some soulless corporation or government bureaucracy sounds like hell. Haven't we progressed beyond the idea that it is in loving relationships with other people that we find fulfillment and meaning? Climbing the corporate ladder is essential in the pursuit of happiness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Oracle View Post
Match Point Novak needs to be immortalized in sculpture, like Michelangelo's David. I'm sure that once he's gone to tennis Valhalla, his statue will have his stones as the focal point of attention, and tennis fans will make a meccan-like pilgrimage at least once in their lifetime, in order to rub those lucky stones, like the budda's belly.
finishingmove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 04:16 AM   #23
country flag Slade
Banned!

Slade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond repute

Ferrer in 4
Slade is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 07:25 AM   #24
country flag Sanya

Sanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond repute

2 wariors on court, it will be a battle. Hope Lleyton somehow takes it in 5 epic sets, bit think David will keep going after 4 brutal ones.
Old 09-01-2012, 08:14 AM   #25
country flag Ben D.

Ben D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond repute

Hewitt can become one my fav players if he wins this match. I like Ferrer more, but hes too good for Richie, so.
Ben D. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 08:37 AM   #26
country flag Sombrerero loco

Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute

ferru should really win this, i think he will win too

Jerzy Janowicz/Bernard the aTomic /Thanasi Kokkinakis/Kei Nishikori

John Millman / Javier Martí/Taro Daniel-Jules Marie-Josh Milton

Henkka Kontinen
-Nick Kyrgios-Henri Laaksonen- Attila Balazs- Pierre Hugues Herbert-Alex Bolt-Marcus Willis-Kristijan Mesaros-Brydan Klein-Chris Rungkat-Piotr Gadomski-Hugo Nys-Pol Toledo
www.tennisalternative.com
Sombrerero loco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 08:43 AM   #27
country flag Andi-M

Andi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond repute

Surely the no 4 seed takes this in straights. Hewitt must be exhausted after Muller match and he aint all that when rested and fit.

So very very proud to be a fan of Mr Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Double Grand slam champion. Olympic Gold Medalist. Holder of 9 Masters 1000 events # legend
Andi-M is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 09:25 AM   #28
country flag Allez

Allez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond repute

Hewitt in 5 for old times sake.
Allez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 10:15 AM   #29
country flag Mercury

Mercury has a reputation beyond reputeMercury has a reputation beyond reputeMercury has a reputation beyond reputeMercury has a reputation beyond reputeMercury has a reputation beyond reputeMercury has a reputation beyond reputeMercury has a reputation beyond reputeMercury has a reputation beyond reputeMercury has a reputation beyond reputeMercury has a reputation beyond reputeMercury has a reputation beyond repute

Pics in 4 long grueling sets.
Mercury is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 10:20 AM   #30
country flag ossie

ossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond repute

i'm not seeing the 'tennis will lose' option.