USO R2 JMDP beats Harrison 6-2 6-3 2-6 6-2 - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-01-2012, 02:38 AM   #46
country flag nellis_lv

nellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: USO R2 JMDP beats Harrison 6-2 6-3 2-6 6-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbynorwich View Post
Ryan was much improved today in keeping it together mentally --- no breakdowns, outbursts, or letting disappointments get under his skin. Down 2 sets and making lots of UEs, he maintained composure to take over when Del Po went away in the 3rd. Clearly he didn't wear the crankypants to work today.
That's cuz he saw a 6'6 JMDP on the other side of the net who could easily kick his ass on/off court.

He'll get back to the general "fight, fight" attitude and fist pumps at unforced errors when he thinks it safe again to do so.
nellis_lv is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2012, 02:38 AM   #47
country flag chenx15

chenx15 has a reputation beyond reputechenx15 has a reputation beyond reputechenx15 has a reputation beyond reputechenx15 has a reputation beyond reputechenx15 has a reputation beyond reputechenx15 has a reputation beyond reputechenx15 has a reputation beyond reputechenx15 has a reputation beyond reputechenx15 has a reputation beyond reputechenx15 has a reputation beyond reputechenx15 has a reputation beyond repute

i think harrison's younger bro will have a better future. younger siblings usually have better futures
Fed ... don't F this up. You got the break. Just finish this. I got work tomorrow, I got kids... wife needs affection. Give me a break man.
chenx15 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 03:15 AM   #48
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cswab22 View Post
Harrison is overated. In the first two sets Harrison's shots landed short in the middle of the court every time and Del Po could wack any ball he wanted to and they would be winners. Juan lost focus in the third, but got it back in the fourth and the did same thing he did in the fourth just like the first and second.

Overall this match was just target practice for Del Po and I am really looking forward for Novak vs Del Po
You and me both. If JMDP is up for it, it could be the match of the tournament. Nole will of course be up to it, Delpo is a question mark because his preparations were hampered by wrist injury - beating Serra and Harrison is hardly an indication of form. I hope he used the match against Mayer to keep playing himself into form, if he's playing well that QF should be amazing.
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 03:23 AM   #49
country flag grahampros

grahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
You and me both. If JMDP is up for it, it could be the match of the tournament. Nole will of course be up to it, Delpo is a question mark because his preparations were hampered by wrist injury - beating Serra and Harrison is hardly an indication of form. I hope he used the match against Mayer to keep playing himself into form, if he's playing well that QF should be amazing.
I don't think ir really about the wrist injury at this point. More the point seems to be he's not putting in the the off court work to be in top shape. The tired thing etc is not his wrist, it's he's not in good shape and hasn't been doing the work.
grahampros is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 03:25 AM   #50
country flag jcempire

jcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond repute

JMDP is going to make the Final

Nadal Nadal Nadal
jcempire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 03:30 AM   #51
country flag Topspindoctor

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

I have scrutinized Harrison's game very carefully during this year's AO (he played against Baghdatis, I believe) as one of the potential leaders of the generation suck. I have to say, the only thing that truly impressed me about this kid is his second serve, which is wicked. His forehand is ATROCIOUS. Short, spinny and sits up so much. He does way too much counterpunching/grinding, but lacks monstrous defense/movement of Nadal/Djoker to execute that kind of game plan and loses the point frequently when he's on defense. He needs to work on an aggressive forehand first and foremost if he wants to advance his career past challenger events (what's with new generation having garbage forehands? Tomic, Harrison, Dimitrov, Young - none have impressive killing shot off that wing. )

True legends of the game

Nadal = GOAT

2004-2007 = Weakest era in tennis
Topspindoctor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 03:37 AM   #52
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grahampros View Post
I don't think ir really about the wrist injury at this point. More the point seems to be he's not putting in the the off court work to be in top shape. The tired thing etc is not his wrist, it's he's not in good shape and hasn't been doing the work.
He always looks tired (a bit like Isner), doesn't necessarily mean he is. His fitness is only relatively poor compared to the other players ie Nadal, Djokovic, Federer, as expected really because those guys are fitness machines. He's actually one of the few guys with better results in best of 5 than best of 3, the 5-set format isn't an issue, it actually makes him even less prone to upsets.

I think he is in good shape, his preparations for the USO were just hampered by his wrist injury so he has to play himself into form. His (relative) struggles against Serra and Harrison had nothing to do with fitness, just with some rustiness in his game.
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 03:41 AM   #53
country flag FlameOn

FlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond repute

Old 09-01-2012, 03:41 AM   #54
country flag grahampros

grahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
I have scrutinized Harrison's game very carefully during this year's AO (he played against Baghdatis, I believe) as one of the potential leaders of the generation suck. I have to say, the only thing that truly impressed me about this kid is his second serve, which is wicked. His forehand is ATROCIOUS. Short, spinny and sits up so much. He does way too much counterpunching/grinding, but lacks monstrous defense/movement of Nadal/Djoker to execute that kind of game plan and loses the point frequently when he's on defense. He needs to work on an aggressive forehand first and foremost if he wants to advance his career past challenger events (what's with new generation having garbage forehands? Tomic, Harrison, Dimitrov, Young - none have impressive killing shot off that wing. )
He's not considered by anyone credible as a potential leader of the generation. He's more regarded for there must really be a problem if this is the best the US has.
Old 09-01-2012, 04:27 AM   #55
country flag jcempire

jcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond repute

harrrison has a long way to go

Nadal Nadal Nadal
jcempire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 04:31 AM   #56
country flag Slade
Anti-Dull Alliance

Slade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond repute

Poor Ryan, having to lose back to back USO's by getting bashed off the court

Last year Cilic and now DP

Failures of Nadull
  • Most weeks at #2
  • Lopsided slam count. 9/14 won in one of four GS
  • Losing to three players ranked over 100 in 3 consecutive peak years... IN SLAMS
  • Dull has never dominated a surface other than clay, with no indoor resume to speak of. 0 WTF
  • Extensive history of gamesmanship
Slade is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 05:22 AM   #57
country flag BroTree123

BroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond repute

Harrison is garbage, we knew that a long time ago.
No words can describe me.
Without me, it would be just aweso.
No shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
Never held a racquet in my life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
I've played the game for close to 10 years. This should come as no surprise to many.

Banned Users
BroTree123 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 06:18 PM   #58
country flag disagol

disagol has a reputation beyond reputedisagol has a reputation beyond reputedisagol has a reputation beyond reputedisagol has a reputation beyond reputedisagol has a reputation beyond reputedisagol has a reputation beyond reputedisagol has a reputation beyond reputedisagol has a reputation beyond reputedisagol has a reputation beyond reputedisagol has a reputation beyond reputedisagol has a reputation beyond repute

It's such a shame that for some reason JMDP always struggles to find form and be healthy. He has the weapons but he often seems to lack that extra gear to be a title contender.
disagol is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 06:39 PM   #59
country flag Slice Winner

Slice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
His retrieving is pretty similar to Murray's, which is probably why you hate him.
Slice Winner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 06:47 PM   #60
country flag grahampros

Quote:
Originally Posted by disagol View Post
It's such a shame that for some reason JMDP always struggles to find form and be healthy. He has the weapons but he often seems to lack that extra gear to be a title contender.
He just seems to not being doing the hard work off court. He's not anywhere close to top phyical shape, and that cant be blamed on the wrist injury that was well over two years ago now.He's not alone in that.