USO R2 JMDP beats Harrison 6-2 6-3 2-6 6-2 - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-31-2012, 08:45 PM   #16
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: USO R2 JMDP beats Harrison 6-2 6-3 2-6 6-2

The third set was beyond horrendous, but otherwise good match from JMDP especially in the first two sets. He hit the ball and moved much better than vs Serra, which is encouraging. But he's still not playing well enough of course and needs to eliminate these lapses in concentration; he has another glorified practice match in the next round against Mayer before the real tournament starts, last chance to fine tune his game. He needs to be at his best for a potential showdown with Novak in the QF.
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2012, 08:45 PM   #17
country flag Hypnotize

Hypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond repute

Del Potro was all over Ryan in the first 2 sets then he completely collapsed. He serve speed went down, he was spraying forehands everywhere and he was only slicing his backhand. Just when he should be taking the game to Del Potro, Ryan started pushing the ball and waiting for Del Potro to make another error which let him back in the match.

Clearly Del Potro is not fully fit and it's disappointing for Ryan because he had a great opportunity to take advantage of that. I wouldn't put any money on Del Potro winning this title though.
Hypnotize is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 08:46 PM   #18
country flag jcempire

jcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke944 View Post
Ryan is 100% reliant on errors against good players. Not going to go very far in this sport like that.
you very right
that's why Ryan suck

Nadal Nadal Nadal
jcempire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 08:49 PM   #19
country flag grahampros

grahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotize View Post
Del Potro was all over Ryan in the first 2 sets then he completely collapsed. He serve speed went down, he was spraying forehands everywhere and he was only slicing his backhand. Just when he should be taking the game to Del Potro, Ryan started pushing the ball and waiting for Del Potro to make another error which let him back in the match.

Clearly Del Potro is not fully fit and it's disappointing for Ryan because he had a great opportunity to take advantage of that. I wouldn't put any money on Del Potro winning this title though.
Again no surprise. Fairly classic the better player finds a way to win even not at their best. I agree Del Potro doesn't have much of shot at the title this year. Harrison was easy pickings for him and he held his ground and got the win.
grahampros is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 08:57 PM   #20
country flag Fumus

Fumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond repute

Harrison is 20, cut the guy a break.

Seriously, 20yo and already taking sets off the top 10 big boys like Murray, DelPo, Soderking...etc. You are hating on his game!? FFS.

Ryan competed well and in 2-3 years will be playing the semis and finals of the slams. He's not flashy but he has the heart and the drive of a champion.
That's the gospel.
Fumus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 08:58 PM   #21
country flag nazzac

nazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Del Potro. Decent match from him. Great in the first 2 sets, dire in the 3rd. Managed to pull through in the 4th.

Keep going Del po

Del Potro-Nishikori-Brands-Paire-Wawrinka-Sampras-Llodra-Safin-Falla
nazzac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 09:01 PM   #22
country flag grahampros

grahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fumus View Post
Harrison is 20, cut the guy a break.

Seriously, 20yo and already taking sets off the top 10 big boys like Murray, DelPo, Soderking...etc. You are hating on his game!? FFS.

Ryan competed well and in 2-3 years will be playing the semis and finals of the slams. He's not flashy but he has the heart and the drive of a champion.
Just dont agree with that. His time as "young" has now passed. Time to put up or shut up and he's just not been able to do that.
Old 08-31-2012, 09:01 PM   #23
country flag MuzzahLovah

MuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond repute

How on earth did he get a set? Harrison looked awful every time I swtiched over to this match, sprinting backwards with no first serve.

Emperor Nishikori- King of Comeback- Slayer of Demons- Champion of Tokyo- Conquistador of Barcelona
MuzzahLovah is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 09:17 PM   #24
country flag jcempire

jcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuzzahLovah View Post
How on earth did he get a set? Harrison looked awful every time I swtiched over to this match, sprinting backwards with no first serve.
I with you

I only watch first set and last set

I hate it

Ryan suck Awful

Nadal Nadal Nadal
jcempire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 09:22 PM   #25
country flag grahampros

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcempire View Post
I with you

I only watch first set and last set

I hate it

Ryan suck Awful
The problem with Harrison is it was perfect opportunity to step up and exploit a guy who clearly wasn't at his best. As noted, Del was tired and far from his best. Harrison just couldn't step up and exploit that and take him down. That's why i'm tired of this he's only 20 young yada yada stuff. If you're gonna be a champion you take full advantage of these opportunities. For what ever reason, he just has not been able to do that so far.
Old 08-31-2012, 09:31 PM   #26
country flag nellis_lv

nellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond repute

You never know when Delpo's not at his best or when he's just not trying his best.

And he almost always gives up a set or 2, but never loses, to lower ranked opponents. Says nothing about his form or the opponent's.
nellis_lv is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 09:38 PM   #27
country flag allpro

allpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond repute

johnson and sock have better balanced/more well-rounded games than harrison at this stage. ryan's best bet is to focus on uberfitness, improve his mentality (patience), and just grind defensively and outlast his opponents. he can make marginal improvements on his bh to improve consistency, but it's so technically flawed it's too late to overhaul it completely. in his mind he imagines himself to be a different player than what he really is. when he wakes up to the fact that he has no weapons and learns to make the most of what he does have, he could have a decent career given his limited skills.
allpro is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 10:04 PM   #28
country flag Hian-GOAT
Banned!

Hian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute

Title favourite.
Hian-GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 10:08 PM   #29
country flag DJ Soup

DJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond repute

Harrison's problem is a mental and tactical one. He is not clutch at all, and has to work on that. I can see potential in him though.

as for Delpo, he's still not convinving me. He needs to do better. Damnable left wrist of his.
DJ Soup is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 10:49 PM   #30
country flag bobbynorwich

bobbynorwich has a reputation beyond reputebobbynorwich has a reputation beyond reputebobbynorwich has a reputation beyond reputebobbynorwich has a reputation beyond reputebobbynorwich has a reputation beyond reputebobbynorwich has a reputation beyond reputebobbynorwich has a reputation beyond reputebobbynorwich has a reputation beyond reputebobbynorwich has a reputation beyond reputebobbynorwich has a reputation beyond reputebobbynorwich has a reputation beyond repute

Ryan was much improved today in keeping it together mentally --- no breakdowns, outbursts, or letting disappointments get under his skin. Down 2 sets and making lots of UEs, he maintained composure to take over when Del Po went away in the 3rd. Clearly he didn't wear the crankypants to work today.

He does have an exceedingly defensive way of playing, --- hangs around the baseline batting back grounders until the opponent makes mistakes. He is not good on the midcourt or net game and rarely attempts to get there, so his game is mostly one-dimensional and thus predictable. The element of surprise once in awhile would keep his opp guessing and off-balance. In this regard, he plays a lot like Roddick which may be no coincidence since Andy is his mentor.

But overall much better control than at other hard court tourneys this summer. Hope the trend continues.

bobbynorwich is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote