Andy Roddick's Career - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-31-2012, 11:41 AM   #1
country flag dencod16

dencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Andy Roddick's Career

Roddick has been one of the stars of tennis even in his worse times, it's good that he will go out in his own time. Though i am sad still. He has had a stellar career that most tennis players admires to match. He is also one of the most honest person on tour he says what he feels and don't try to play people by saying something just to please everyone, what you see is what you get. He might a PR's worst nightmare but he is very entertaining without trying.
2001 Atlanta

2001 Houston

2001 Washington

2002 Memphis
?

2002 Houston

2003 St. Polten

2003 Queen's

2003 Indianapolis

2003 Montreal

2003 Cincinnati

2003 US Open

2004 San Jose

2004 Miami

2004 Queens

2004 Indianapolis

2005 San Jose

2005 Houston

2005 Queen's

2005 Washington

2005 Lyon

Last edited by dencod16 : 09-05-2012 at 10:29 PM.
dencod16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2012, 11:43 AM   #2
country flag dencod16

dencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Andy Roddick

2006 Cincinnati

2007 Queen's

2007 Washington

2008 San Jose

2008 Dubai

2008 Beijing

2009 Memphis

2010 Brisbane

2010 Miami

2011 Memphis

2012 Eastbourne

2012 Atlanta

2007 Davis Cup

Fast Facts
* When Andy was a kid, he signed his friend Garrett’s tennis bag. “Keep this,” he said. “One day I’ll be famous.”
* Finished 1999 as main Junior Player
* Andy in 2001 purchased tickets to the finals for all the fans who endured his rain-soaked semifinal victory.
* First Main Draw win was against then world no. 41 Fernando Vicente
* Has won a title for 12 straight since winning his first in 2001
* WOn his first title on CLay and 4 of his first 6 title were on Clay
* Youngest American to be world no. 1 21 yrs and 3 mos.
* biggest jump to world no. 1 from 10 in 2002 to 1 in 2003
* Won the 2004 ESPY for Best Male Tennis Player.
* Ended in the top 10 for 9 straight years streak ended in 2011
* Andy became the first male tennis player to host Saturday Night Live

Match Facts
* First win was against was against Fernando Vicente ranked 41, winning 6-4, 6-0
* First top 10 win was against Pete Sampras then world no. 4 in Miami winning 7-6(2), 6-3
* First win over world no. 1 was against Gustavo Kuerten in Montreal 6-7(4), 6-4, 6-2
* Last match was a loss against Juan Martin del Potro 7-6(1), 6-7(4), 2-6, 4-6

Last edited by dencod16 : 09-05-2012 at 10:26 PM.
Old 08-31-2012, 11:43 AM   #3
country flag dencod16

Players Pay Tribute To Roddick
James Blake: “We'll miss Andy a ton. Andy has definitely been very open with guys. He mentored Harrison, Donald, all the practice partners. He'll spend time with all the guys at Davis Cup. He's been great. We're definitely going to miss him.”

Roger Federer: “In my mind, he is a Wimbledon champion, as well, a wonderful ambassador for the game. I'm thankful for everything he's done for the game, especially here for tennis in America. It's not been easy after Agassi and Sampras, [Jim] Courier, [Michael] Chang, [Jimmy] Connors, [John] McEnroe, you name it. I probably forget a bunch of them because you had so many good players in the past. It's been hard for him as well at times. I thought he always did the best he could. That's all you can ask from a guy like Andy.”

Sam Querrey: “He's been my biggest role model the last 10 years playing tennis, watching tennis. He's been a great guy, a great leader to us all. Nice and kind, really generous to the up and comers. For me, for Harrison, for the 18 year olds now, he's just an unbelievable champion, a Hall of Famer, just a great guy, great person for the sport the last 12 years.”

Milos Raonic: “He's done great things. He did a lot for tennis in a part where it was struggling a little bit after [Pete] Sampras and [Andre] Agassi were getting a little bit older, were struggling a little bit. He had a magnificent career. I think he was eight or ten years in the Top 10, which is very impressive. He's done a lot of great things for himself and the sport. It's sad, but I'm sure he has a lot of exciting things to look forward to.”

Jack Sock: “He was a guy I watched growing up a lot, especially when he was winning this tournament, playing really well. I mean, I was just coming up as a junior, so he was definitely a guy I watched and looked up to and idolised. It's definitely going to be a big loss to the tour. He's a great guy, always nice to me. I thought we were friends. I wish him the best after this. Hopefully he can do something here this week, as well.”

Q. Can you speak to Andy Roddick’s retirement.
SERENA WILLIAMS: Yeah, I mean, he told me a while ago, last year, that this would be it. He told me again. I was at his house in Austin at the end of the year. You know, we were talking about it.
You know, I was just thinking, Change your mind, Andy, change your mind. But I guess he didn’t, so…
Q. Did you believe him when he told you?
SERENA WILLIAMS: I did. When you don’t want to go out there and do the work to get ready and preparation, it’s tough, you know, so… Really sad.
Q. You two have taken fairly parallel paths. Talk about what it’s been like sharing that journey with Andy.
SERENA WILLIAMS: It’s been great. Ever since I’ve been on tour, it feels like Andy has been there, at least for the most part of it.

Tribute Tweets
@darren_cahill (Darren Cahill): “He started his career the same way he will finish it. Gutsy, loyal, committed, brash, honest and entertaining. Andy Roddick. #respect”

@DwyaneWade: “OH NO say it ain't so… great player but better person @ESPNTennis: Andy Roddick announces he'll retire after 2012 Open”

‏@Becker_Boris (Boris Becker): “Listen all, I really respect Roddick! Classy, intelligent, funny fighter that gave the game a lot of heart and soul!!!”

@Maheshbhupathi (Mahesh Bhupathi): “Congratulations @andyroddick, you have done both yourself and your sport proud, and I have no doubt you will continue to do so....”

@TommyHaas13 (Tommy Haas): “Just an outstanding career @andyroddick has had, a dream for most of us. It truly was a pleasure competing against you. New chapter baby time

@JimmyConnors (Jimmy Connors): “Andy Roddick retiring. A great champion, 10s ambassador, crowd favorite and my friend. You worked hard enough, time to enjoy your life"

‏@jojomelzer (Jurgen Melzer): “@andyroddick congrats on a great career. All the best for the future. Proud to have shared the court with you! will miss you”

‏@ryanharrison92 (Ryan Harrison): “Incredible career Andy. Thanks so much for everything you have done for me and all of American tennis. Can't thank you enough#HallOfFame”

‏@Bryanbrothers (Mike Bryan): “Love ya big man. What a hell of a career! Happy B Day to a future Hall of Famer and great friend.”

@rohanbopanna (Rohan Bopanna): “Sad to see the great @andyroddick announce his retirement. A player with immense talent and true spirit.”

@justingimelstob (Justin Gimelstob): “Congrats 2 @andyroddick on an amazing career, 1st ballot hall of famer, he is an over achiever NOT an underachiever. #fb”

‏@yvesallegro (Yves Allegro): “Tennis losing a great champion.. All the best to @andyroddick for his last US open and his life after tennis..”

‏@Bryanbros (Bob Bryan): “Sad to see @andyroddick announce his retirement but excited for him to start his new life. I'm happy to call Andy my f…”

‏@paul_annacone (Paul Annacone): “Congrats AR. Great career , great life ahead enjoy next chapter well deserved”

@PrakashAmritraj (Prakash Amritraj): “Remember playing dubs w/ @andyroddick at US open juniors in 2000. Man time flys. Congrats bro. U been an inspiration to the globe from day1”

@BjorkmanTennis (Jonas Bjorkman): “Congrats 2 @andyroddick on an amazing career and for being such a good ambassador for the sport. #USOpen”

Last edited by dencod16 : 08-31-2012 at 01:51 PM.
Old 08-31-2012, 11:45 AM   #4
country flag TigerTim

TigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SliceAce View Post
As for Mugray, what can be said? A disgusting human being, and awful player, and a choking pushing mug. He looks like a kemo patient, bald spots, hairless legs, pasty blotchy skin, busted teeth, and an ugly, snarling face. Typical antics all came out in this match: faking injuries, grimacing and cursing, trying to peg Fed, trying to start drama, undeserved final based on an exhausted old man and a joke draw.

I'm no Fakervic fan but he needs to save tennis, sadly tree trunk legs will be fresh. Interesting he's never questioned...
TigerTim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:48 AM   #5
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

Duck

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Say what you want about Federer playing Baghdatis and Gonzo in AO finals... But at least he won them
Looner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:50 AM   #6
country flag BroTree123

BroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond repute

Please don't go
No words can describe me.
Without me, it would be just aweso.
No shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
Never held a racquet in my life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
I've played the game for close to 10 years. This should come as no surprise to many.

Banned Users
BroTree123 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:50 AM   #7
country flag TigerTim

TigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dencod16 View Post
Roger Federer: “In my mind, he is a Wimbledon champion"
what the frick?!
Quote:
As for Mugray, what can be said? A disgusting human being, and awful player, and a choking pushing mug. He looks like a kemo patient, bald spots, hairless legs, pasty blotchy skin, busted teeth, and an ugly, snarling face. Typical antics all came out in this match: faking injuries, grimacing and cursing, trying to peg Fed, trying to start drama, undeserved final based on an exhausted old man and a joke draw.

I'm no Fakervic fan but he needs to save tennis, sadly tree trunk legs will be fresh. Interesting he's never questioned...
Old 08-31-2012, 11:52 AM   #8
country flag dencod16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerTim View Post
what the frick?!
He was talking about the 2009 Wimbledon.
Old 08-31-2012, 11:57 AM   #9
country flag TigerTim

Quote:
Originally Posted by dencod16 View Post
He was talking about the 2009 Wimbledon.
rubbing it in

Poor Andy
Quote:

Old 08-31-2012, 12:06 PM   #10
country flag duarte_a
Federer Fan & Dull Hater

duarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond repute

It's really sad to see the generation that I grew up watching tennis with slowly but surely going away.

Hewitt, Haas, Blake are still in there but so many great and exciting tennis players from Roger's generation have already left us.

Congrats on a good, that could've been great, career. Guess Roger denied Andy some big titles but that's how the sport goes.

Just hope the +30 year olds keep making good results and that Roger plays until 2016 Olympic Games, that would be great. (I'm greedy I know.)
Old 08-31-2012, 12:16 PM   #11
country flag deyaT87

deyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond repute

Nice to see such a nice comments about Andy...it's hard read this and stay calm, without tears, at least for me as his fan
I will miss you
deyaT87 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 12:18 PM   #12
country flag DjokerFan3
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

DjokerFan3 has a reputation beyond reputeDjokerFan3 has a reputation beyond reputeDjokerFan3 has a reputation beyond reputeDjokerFan3 has a reputation beyond reputeDjokerFan3 has a reputation beyond reputeDjokerFan3 has a reputation beyond reputeDjokerFan3 has a reputation beyond reputeDjokerFan3 has a reputation beyond reputeDjokerFan3 has a reputation beyond reputeDjokerFan3 has a reputation beyond reputeDjokerFan3 has a reputation beyond repute

to see him go, I wish him all the best with his life post-tennis. Still sad that he never won Wimbledon, Roger stood in his way 3 times...

But this is the part of Roddick I'll miss the most - mastering the art of press conferences:

This one -

NOVAK DJOKOVIC & ROGER FEDERER

Also support: Tsonga, Del Potro, Wawrinka, Berdych, Nishikori, Dimitrov, Dolgopolov, Haas, Kohlschreiber, Gasquet, Hewitt, Baghdatis

GENIE BOUCHARD & ANA IVANOVIC Li Na/Lisicki/Kirilenko

Retired Players that I miss: AGASSI, RAFTER, SAFIN, Blake, F.Gonzalez, Roddick
DjokerFan3 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 12:22 PM   #13
country flag DjokerFan3
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

DjokerFan3 has a reputation beyond reputeDjokerFan3 has a reputation beyond reputeDjokerFan3 has a reputation beyond reputeDjokerFan3 has a reputation beyond reputeDjokerFan3 has a reputation beyond reputeDjokerFan3 has a reputation beyond reputeDjokerFan3 has a reputation beyond reputeDjokerFan3 has a reputation beyond reputeDjokerFan3 has a reputation beyond reputeDjokerFan3 has a reputation beyond reputeDjokerFan3 has a reputation beyond repute

Roddick's relationship with umpires , sure he was a bit of an @ss at times, but at least he never held back and always spoke his mind.

NOVAK DJOKOVIC & ROGER FEDERER

Also support: Tsonga, Del Potro, Wawrinka, Berdych, Nishikori, Dimitrov, Dolgopolov, Haas, Kohlschreiber, Gasquet, Hewitt, Baghdatis

GENIE BOUCHARD & ANA IVANOVIC Li Na/Lisicki/Kirilenko

Retired Players that I miss: AGASSI, RAFTER, SAFIN, Blake, F.Gonzalez, Roddick
DjokerFan3 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 12:36 PM   #14
country flag Chris Kuerten

Chris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond repute

This was clearly his best look.

Dustin Brown - Fabio Fognini - Gaël Monfils - Jerzy Janowicz - Alexandr Dolgopolov

Ernests Gulbis - Nick Kyrgios - Pablo Cuevas - Taro Daniel - Igor Sijsling - Paolo Lorenzi - Ruben Ramirez Hidalgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by heya View Post
What you talking about Willis?
El Pendejo dice que el número uno no es suficiente pero el buitre de lenders, ferrer, puede ganar 7 tourneos sin mi permiso.
Mi boyfriend federer is goat, no?
Chris Kuerten is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 12:37 PM   #15
country flag Chris Kuerten

Chris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Roger Federer: “I thought he always did the best he could. That's all you can ask from a guy like Andy.”
Couldn't resist a final sting, couldn't you, Rogie ?

Dustin Brown - Fabio Fognini - Gaël Monfils - Jerzy Janowicz - Alexandr Dolgopolov

Ernests Gulbis - Nick Kyrgios - Pablo Cuevas - Taro Daniel - Igor Sijsling - Paolo Lorenzi - Ruben Ramirez Hidalgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by heya View Post
What you talking about Willis?
El Pendejo dice que el número uno no es suficiente pero el buitre de lenders, ferrer, puede ganar 7 tourneos sin mi permiso.
Mi boyfriend federer is goat, no?
Chris Kuerten is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote