Andy Roddick WILL retire after the US Open [CONFIRMED] - Page 28 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-03-2012, 01:38 AM   #406
heya
Banned!

heya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Andy Roddick WILL retire after the US Open [CONFIRMED]

sorry, no pity for dick. lol fed was the instigator of the war. for someone who claimed to have suffered numerous injuries, dick sure agreed a lot with fedfuck.

dick doesn't talk to djoker. wonder why.
5 slams?
heya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2012, 06:17 AM   #407
country flag david_is_not_fat

david_is_not_fat has a reputation beyond reputedavid_is_not_fat has a reputation beyond reputedavid_is_not_fat has a reputation beyond reputedavid_is_not_fat has a reputation beyond reputedavid_is_not_fat has a reputation beyond reputedavid_is_not_fat has a reputation beyond reputedavid_is_not_fat has a reputation beyond reputedavid_is_not_fat has a reputation beyond reputedavid_is_not_fat has a reputation beyond reputedavid_is_not_fat has a reputation beyond reputedavid_is_not_fat has a reputation beyond repute

Am I the only one who since always had not especially love for this guy and now see him with softness, maybe I don't know why, want him to win and retire with all the claps? : P
Old 09-03-2012, 12:09 PM   #408
country flag Nole fan
The new era of SuperNovak

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by david_is_not_fat View Post
Am I the only one who since always had not especially love for this guy and now see him with softness, maybe I don't know why, want him to win and retire with all the claps? : P
That's how it should be and I like it to be that way with any player who retires, specially the top ones.

Either you get him or you don't.

Novak Djokovic provisional nş2

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:11 PM   #409
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole fan View Post

Is that a hint at federer?
Talk about hypocrisy. Spewing BS about not wanting to pollute the thread and then going and doing exactly that. Typical Noletard.

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Say what you want about Federer playing Baghdatis and Gonzo in AO finals... But at least he won them
Looner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 03:25 AM   #410
country flag garson

garson has a reputation beyond reputegarson has a reputation beyond reputegarson has a reputation beyond reputegarson has a reputation beyond reputegarson has a reputation beyond reputegarson has a reputation beyond reputegarson has a reputation beyond reputegarson has a reputation beyond reputegarson has a reputation beyond reputegarson has a reputation beyond reputegarson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Andy Roddick, Retirement, and Age 30 Something

I'm not sure how often players announce their retirement in a press media, but I would be curious about reasons on why Andy Roddick wants to call it quit after this year's (2012) US Open. After the 2009's Wimbledon final, which he was defeated again by Roger Federer, there has not been notable great performance (at the grand slam level). An old age could be a factor like everyone else and Andy also has to cope with some injuries.

While many players in their 30s would experience decline in performance, there are players older than him that are still playing:
- Tommy Haas: He has the determination that make him seeded in this year's US Open. Too bad he lost in the first round, but I believe he will be back in the Top 20 soon. He would be fine for at least few more years.
- Lleyton Hewitt: His toe has been acting up at a certain time (not exactly know when). With a family, he is still playing for who knows how long. He may retire at any moment.
- Radek Stepanek: This guy is up and down. Most of the time he would be lucky if he make it to Third Round in singles. He does better in doubles. Maybe he should just focus on playing doubles after all.
- Juan Carlos Ferrero: He doesn't show up in this year's US Open. Is he retiring or does he have any injury? He has been up and down.
- Tommy Robredo: He is back at this year's US Open. He lost early in the 2nd round, but this could be considered a short term accomplishment. How much further will he go into remains to be seen.

Right now there are two players in their 30s in the Top 10, which are Roger Federer and David Ferrer (both of them are older than Andy Roddick). I believe there will be more and more 30 something in TOP 10 in the future. Andy could be back in the 10 in the near future if he does not call it quit.

I think it has to do with drive and determination. Andy seems to be losing interest and motivation in the game to keep it going. It could have been due to the physical ailment or knee injury at the beginning of this year. Medical advice could have advice against playing further, who knows.

So, I know that media like ESPN, Tennis Channel and others have mentioned what Andy would like to do post US Open. What do you think is the real reason(s) behind Andy Roddick's retirement?
garson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 03:37 AM   #411
country flag tennisfan856

tennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond repute

garson, his shoulder has finally fallen apart on him and would most likely need surgery. He was looking at a 9 month to a year of rehab and I guess he doesn't want to go through with that. He said this stuff in his presser.
tennisfan856 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 03:40 AM   #412
country flag grahampros

grahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Andy Roddick, Retirement, and Age 30 Something

Quote:
Originally Posted by garson View Post
I'm not sure how often players announce their retirement in a press media, but I would be curious about reasons on why Andy Roddick wants to call it quit after this year's (2012) US Open. After the 2009's Wimbledon final, which he was defeated again by Roger Federer, there has not been notable great performance (at the grand slam level). An old age could be a factor like everyone else and Andy also has to cope with some injuries.

While many players in their 30s would experience decline in performance, there are players older than him that are still playing:
- Tommy Haas: He has the determination that make him seeded in this year's US Open. Too bad he lost in the first round, but I believe he will be back in the Top 20 soon. He would be fine for at least few more years.
- Lleyton Hewitt: His toe has been acting up at a certain time (not exactly know when). With a family, he is still playing for who knows how long. He may retire at any moment.
- Radek Stepanek: This guy is up and down. Most of the time he would be lucky if he make it to Third Round in singles. He does better in doubles. Maybe he should just focus on playing doubles after all.
- Juan Carlos Ferrero: He doesn't show up in this year's US Open. Is he retiring or does he have any injury? He has been up and down.
- Tommy Robredo: He is back at this year's US Open. He lost early in the 2nd round, but this could be considered a short term accomplishment. How much further will he go into remains to be seen.

Right now there are two players in their 30s in the Top 10, which are Roger Federer and David Ferrer (both of them are older than Andy Roddick). I believe there will be more and more 30 something in TOP 10 in the future. Andy could be back in the 10 in the near future if he does not call it quit.

I think it has to do with drive and determination. Andy seems to be losing interest and motivation in the game to keep it going. It could have been due to the physical ailment or knee injury at the beginning of this year. Medical advice could have advice against playing further, who knows.

So, I know that media like ESPN, Tennis Channel and others have mentioned what Andy would like to do post US Open. What do you think is the real reason(s) behind Andy Roddick's retirement?
It's fairly simple. The players you site either are no longer in contention for the major titles or never have been. It's not only about age. If you cant meet the expectations you set for yourself, of course your motivation dives. Andy i suspect realizes he's just no longer in serious contention for the major titles, so doesn't care to go down that road. Just time to move onto other things. He's got plenty of money so just not much incentive left to keep playing to ultimately loose the titles he really wants.
grahampros is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 03:47 AM   #413
country flag garson

garson has a reputation beyond reputegarson has a reputation beyond reputegarson has a reputation beyond reputegarson has a reputation beyond reputegarson has a reputation beyond reputegarson has a reputation beyond reputegarson has a reputation beyond reputegarson has a reputation beyond reputegarson has a reputation beyond reputegarson has a reputation beyond reputegarson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisfan856 View Post
garson, his shoulder has finally fallen apart on him and would most likely need surgery. He was looking at a 9 month to a year of rehab and I guess he doesn't want to go through with that. He said this stuff in his presser.
I don't really follow press conference that much. I guess this explains and it is understandable.
garson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote