world's richest woman thinks ppl envious of the rich should whine less & work harder - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-05-2012, 07:48 AM   #61
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: world's richest woman thinks ppl envious of the rich should whine less & work har

I was going to insult this woman but then I saw her photo and I felt sorry for her (and all the chairs she sits on) .

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Say what you want about Federer playing Baghdatis and Gonzo in AO finals... But at least he won them
Looner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2012, 07:57 AM   #62
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: world's richest woman thinks ppl envious of the rich should whine less & work har

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitry Verdasco View Post
You did it wrong.

$2917.
Ok, $2917 in 6 years, that would be like $500/yr, very impressive Would've been much slimmer though, couldn't eat too much on that money.
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:34 AM   #63
Dmitry Verdasco

Dmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taejin View Post
Ok, $2917 in 6 years, that would be like $500/yr, very impressive Would've been much slimmer though, couldn't eat too much on that money.
Yeah but instead of $500/yr it's like $4.5 billion/yr. What an impressive woman

NADAL - TURSUNOV - BOLELLI - NALBANDIAN - MATOSEVIC
HINGIS - DEMENTIEVA - DOKIC - KOURNIKOVA - PIERCE - GOLOVIN - RADWANSKA - KIRILENKO - BARTHEL

Dmitry Verdasco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:04 AM   #64
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Yea, and she did all that single-handedly, from mining the ore deep underground to delivering it to the customers on her back, she did it all with her own ten fingers A 21st century version of "let them eat cake".
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Old 09-05-2012, 10:08 AM   #65
Dmitry Verdasco

Dmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond repute

I've never understood people that despise people actually being successful. Personally I think people like her are great, just think of all the people she employs, and almost all of them on 6 figure salaries. I wouldn't be making as much money as I am if it weren't for people like Gina Rinehart and Clive Palmer, so I don't know, I'm pretty thankful. I don't know, maybe I'm not greedy or lazy enough.

HINGIS - DEMENTIEVA - DOKIC - KOURNIKOVA - PIERCE - GOLOVIN - RADWANSKA - KIRILENKO - BARTHEL

Old 09-05-2012, 10:25 AM   #66
Slacker

Actually, it's vice versa - you inherit a successful, growing business worth $2 billion, and then you despise others for being poor and unsuccessful. There are a lot of people who could grow, employ and whatnot given such a starting point.
Old 09-05-2012, 12:04 PM   #67
Dmitry Verdasco

Quote:
Actually, it's vice versa - you inherit a successful, growing business worth $2 billion, and then you despise others for being poor and unsuccessful. There are a lot of people who could grow, employ and whatnot given such a starting point.
I don't think Gina Rinehart is too worried about despising the poor and unsuccessful.

It's those people who keep criticizing everything she does, she's just responding to the jealous haters.

Old 09-05-2012, 01:10 PM   #68
Slacker

I don't think she gives a toss about the haters, it's more like she's worried the government is taking more interest about what's she doing with country's nonrenewable resources Anyway, it's their business.
Old 09-05-2012, 01:16 PM   #69
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
She criticised the people who are ''envious'' of her wealth, yet don't commit to trying to get wealthy. That is not despising someone for being poor and unsuccessful.

Having been in the mining business I can admire her. A million ounces of gold in the ground are worth $0. A miilion ounces of gold produced are worth $1.7 billion. A government can protect all the renewable resources it wants, but they are not resources until they are actually discovered. Governments suck at that part. And nobody is going to look for them if the government then steps in and declares they belong to everybody.

People who succeed in the mining business have special talents that would be stifled in some government bureaucracy.

Last edited by buddyholly : 09-05-2012 at 01:24 PM.
buddyholly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 01:24 PM   #70
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
Having been in the mining business I can admire her. A million ounces of gold in the ground are worth $0.
i don't think all those years in the mining business did you any good. it's evident that any company would pay a great chunk of money to adquire the mining rights of a land with a million ounces of gold buried in the ground.

Quote:
People who succeed in the mining business have special talents.
and usually a lot of fat stacks to start (or in the case of the "world's riches woman" to continue) the business.
Old 09-05-2012, 01:33 PM   #71
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxas21 View Post
i don't think all those years in the mining business did you any good. it's evident that any company would pay a great chunk of money to adquire the mining rights of a land with a million ounces of gold buried in the ground.

and usually a lot of fat stacks to start (or in the case of the "world's riches woman" to continue) the business.
I don't understand. How does the company know there is a million ounces of gold in the ground, before finding it? That is not how exploration works, unfortunately.

All mining companies started with a small amount of capital put up by adventurous investors. As usual, once they are successful and grow, you hate their success.

By your logic Federer should be banned from entering any more tournaments because he has become too successful and has a fat stack of trophies already.
Old 09-05-2012, 01:48 PM   #72
Slacker

Quote:
I don't understand. How does the company know there is a million ounces of gold in the ground, before finding it? That is not how exploration works, unfortunately.

All mining companies started with a small amount of capital put up by adventurous investors. As usual, once they are successful and grow, you hate their success.

By your logic Federer should be banned from entering any more tournaments because he has become too successful and has a fat stack of trophies already.
Fed's trophies are not natural resources. And nobody is exactly trying to take the bread away from her mouth, however i don't think anyone should bleed the land dry in order to have 50 billions instead of only 30 billions, the government should have a say there.
Old 09-05-2012, 01:55 PM   #73
country flag Ballbasher

Ballbasher has a reputation beyond reputeBallbasher has a reputation beyond reputeBallbasher has a reputation beyond reputeBallbasher has a reputation beyond reputeBallbasher has a reputation beyond reputeBallbasher has a reputation beyond reputeBallbasher has a reputation beyond reputeBallbasher has a reputation beyond reputeBallbasher has a reputation beyond reputeBallbasher has a reputation beyond reputeBallbasher has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Chinaski View Post

she should take her own advice and apply it to physical activity.
Lol, this...
Ballbasher is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 01:56 PM   #74
country flag gusavo

gusavo has a reputation beyond reputegusavo has a reputation beyond reputegusavo has a reputation beyond reputegusavo has a reputation beyond reputegusavo has a reputation beyond reputegusavo has a reputation beyond reputegusavo has a reputation beyond reputegusavo has a reputation beyond reputegusavo has a reputation beyond reputegusavo has a reputation beyond reputegusavo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
There's no way to know that she didn't make good decisions either.
theres no way to know if a random crack addict made poor decisions, that statement dont say anything. you seemed to say at that she was without doubt doing something smart or good.

Quote:
Except that she increased her fortune 15 times over in the past 6 years...
do you want to claim that we can confirm that she did make good decisions based on the increase in net worth over 5 years or not?

Quote:
your sentance mentioned nothing about them not being found
gusavo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:03 PM   #75
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Quote:
Originally Posted by gusavo View Post

your sentance mentioned nothing about them not being found
True. I should have explained more simply for abraxas' benefit.

But a mining person would understand that a ''discovered'' million ounces in the ground are worth $1.7 billion minus the cost of production. Zero value implies undiscovered.

Last edited by buddyholly : 09-05-2012 at 02:17 PM.
buddyholly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote