world's richest woman thinks ppl envious of the rich should whine less & work harder - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-31-2012, 07:22 AM   #16
country flag Roger the Dodger

Roger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: world's richest woman thinks ppl envious of the rich should whine less & work har

She's fat. At least a hot Dagny Taggart saying such things would have made the whole shebang a bit sexy, if not any more correct.

Her daddy did much of the rude and gross groundwork of the mining business; perhaps the real hardwork from the business point-of-view. She obviously benefits from his experience.

What does she know about the life-circumstances of other people per se; the reasons that they cannot create wealth the way her dad and she did. Are all births similar? Do they benefit from having a father who established a field or even the necessary education to deal with the same?

And last of all, 'hard work', as someone already said, is a term that stirs the conscience of the bottom feeders alone - as people go up the ladder, they do less hard work and more 'smart' work. Funny she didn't mention that. Why should she - the people who do the real mining work still need to do the 'hard-work' after all.
Down in the street little eddies of wind were whirling dust and torn paper into spirals, and though the sun was shining and the sky a harsh blue, there seemed to be no color in anything, except the posters that were plastered everywhere. The black mustachioed face gazed down from every commanding corner. There was one on the house-front immediately opposite.BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU, the caption said, while the dark eyes looked deep into Winston's own. Down at street level another poster, torn at one corner, flapped fitfully in the wind, alternately covering and uncovering the single word INGSOC. (1.1.4)

Last edited by Roger the Dodger : 08-31-2012 at 08:02 AM.
Roger the Dodger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2012, 09:29 AM   #17
country flag Henry Chinaski

Henry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: world's richest woman thinks ppl envious of the rich should whine less & work har

she should take her own advice and apply it to physical activity.
Old 08-31-2012, 09:34 AM   #18
country flag Henry Chinaski

Henry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond repute

I can't imagine Oprah, the previous world's richest woman and genuinely self-made, ever offering such condescending advice.

because she's not a cúnt.
Old 08-31-2012, 09:36 AM   #19
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 03:02 PM   #20
country flag Jimnik

Jimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond repute

The world's richest woman couldn't have hit the bulls-eye anymore dead centre.
Jimnik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 07:52 AM   #21
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Chinaski View Post

Wow.

I'd rather be broke than to look like this.
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 04:40 PM   #22
country flag Radar

Radar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Chinaski View Post

With all that money she still looks a hot mess
Old 09-03-2012, 11:41 PM   #23
country flag EliSter

EliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond repute

Dam she looks fine. Anyways she has a sort of a point, tho cutting cigars or few drinks a month wont make u rich...

BigJohn
EliSter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 12:07 AM   #24
country flag Felipe Abe

Felipe Abe has a reputation beyond reputeFelipe Abe has a reputation beyond reputeFelipe Abe has a reputation beyond reputeFelipe Abe has a reputation beyond reputeFelipe Abe has a reputation beyond reputeFelipe Abe has a reputation beyond reputeFelipe Abe has a reputation beyond reputeFelipe Abe has a reputation beyond reputeFelipe Abe has a reputation beyond reputeFelipe Abe has a reputation beyond reputeFelipe Abe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Wow.

Totally agreed hahahaha

Juan-Martín Del Potro ; Gael Monfils ; Roger Federer ; Kei Nishikori

Andrea Petkovic ; Victoria Azarenka ; Tsvetana Pironkova ; Eugenie Bouchard
Felipe Abe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 03:08 AM   #25
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Wow.

You're probably both.
Old 09-04-2012, 03:29 AM   #26
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
You're probably both.
Broke and fat/ugly?

Not broke (yet), not (that) fat, and hopefully not ugly.
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 03:38 AM   #27
country flag Topspindoctor
Banned!

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Broke and fat/ugly?

Not broke (yet), not (that) fat, and hopefully not ugly.
What if you don't count your vcash?
Topspindoctor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 03:40 AM   #28
country flag Freak3yman84

Freak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
What if you don't count your vcash?

Number of Times I've Cried Over Sucking at FITD: All but four

W Samarkand Singles W Charlottesville W Lermontov W ATP Bastad W Bol Fut W Orleans (w/MathMul) W Cordenons (w/dinkulpus) Tashkent S&D (w/ Mr Brightside)

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Sweet Cleopatra View Post
I like how you make me appreciate my life by comparing it to yours then I take a deep breath and say: Thank God..
Freak3yman84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:16 AM   #29
Dmitry Verdasco

Dmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
I mostly agree with her and I am by no means rich (although I disagree about the cutting down on drinking part, what a bitch). It's time people got off their lazy asses and actually worked for their money instead of relying on government, who is only too eager to spend the tax payers' money, to provide for them.

BTW, this is another Mugbraxas whining topic, NID.
Preach it

It's annoying to work, and get taxed some astronomical amount only to see people just line up at Centrelink every Tuesday not even bothering to look for a job just lay around on their lay arses.

I get taxed: $17,547 plus 37c for each $1 over $80,000 a year.

So it works out over $20,000 a year.

Plus it's almost impossible to get ahead anymore. Way too many fees to start your own business successfully, hardly any motivation to invest in property. Why would you when you get get government housing overlooking the Sydney Harbour and Sydney Opera House for $40 a week.

I think sometimes, my life would be way less stressed if I didn't have a job and just stayed in a government house for nothing, and got paid to do nothing. No bills, no worries, nothing. It feels like communism sometimes I swear.

NADAL - TURSUNOV - BOLELLI - NALBANDIAN - MATOSEVIC
HINGIS - DEMENTIEVA - DOKIC - KOURNIKOVA - PIERCE - GOLOVIN - RADWANSKA - BENCIC - BARTHEL

Dmitry Verdasco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 12:00 PM   #30
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitry Verdasco View Post
I think sometimes, my life would be way less stressed if I didn't have a job and just stayed in a government house for nothing, and got paid to do nothing. No bills, no worries, nothing. It feels like communism sometimes I swear.
The latest thing in Toronto now is to rent a nice condo and not pay the rent. You can not be evicted as long as you keep appealing the eviction notice. It can take years to go through the courts and the condo owner is helpless.