Where will Nadal be ranked at the end of 2012? - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Nadal's year end ranking 2012?

1 or 2 0 0%
nr. 3 21 16.41%
nr. 4 91 71.09%
nr. 5 5 3.91%
6 or lower 11 8.59%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-11-2012, 10:04 PM   #91
country flag Smoke944

Smoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where will Nadal be ranked at the end of 2012?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexybeast View Post
That is ridiculous, Sampras backhand would still have huge problems returning Nadal's serve.

Stop with this nonsense about Nadal beeing a mug on grass, he is very good on the surface.

Sampras lost to Corretja and went to 5 sets against Courier for gods sake.
He is very good on what passes for grass these days, with heavier balls aiding him as well.
Smoke944 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2012, 12:16 AM   #92
country flag sexybeast

sexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke944 View Post
He is very good on what passes for grass these days, with heavier balls aiding him as well.
That is not the complete story, he is not good just because modern grass has become slower. Watch his movement on the surface, how he takes advantage of the sliced lefty serve that runs away from opponents, how he controls his service games. He is very natural on grasscourts, also his passing shots are the best of all time on the surface.

His only weakness on the surface is really his 1st serve return which is quite bad really, stats say his serve is as difficult to break as the likes of Becker and Ivanisevic. That is to say, faster grass should make his serve even better.

Federer loses to Nadal on grass because he cant deal with his serve, not because he gets broken alot.

I dont know how faster grass would make his serve easier to handle for a player with a onehanded backhand like Federer or Sampras.
Old 09-14-2012, 06:09 PM   #93
country flag guichard

guichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash86 View Post
Neither Federer nor Murray are the same players they were in 2010. Things have moved on. To me Fed is the most vulnerable at slams to an upset - Murray's been very consistent since US Open 2010 shock loss to Wawrinka (lost to Fed, Nadal, Djokovic and once to Ferrer at RG only) whilst Fed has lost to Berdych twice and Tsonga as well as the usual Rafole combo. [Sure Nadal had the worst upset at Wimbledon but for now it seems like an anomaly amongst his other slam results of the last 2 years.]

No way saying that Fed is an easy pass, just that in best of 5, seven matches, 2 weeks, Fed's lost a step understandably. From here on out apart from RG I see Federer being the more preferable opponent rather than Murray in a slam semi. Murray can make you stay out there for 5 hours killing yourself. Fed needs to go to God-mode (like he did in the Wimby final) or will usually shank himself out of the match.

Just my impression. Murray could bomb tomorrow and in the Aus Open to prove that totally wrong. Who knows.
But you were about talking semi finals match up. Since US OPEN 2010 Federer has 2 bad loses to Murray 2(okay I know Ferrer is better than him on clay but still...)

My point still stands Murray has won just one set of Federer in slams wheresas he pushed Djokovic and Nadal before .

Last edited by guichard : 09-14-2012 at 06:22 PM.
guichard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 08:50 PM   #94
country flag Greatness

Greatness has a reputation beyond reputeGreatness has a reputation beyond reputeGreatness has a reputation beyond reputeGreatness has a reputation beyond reputeGreatness has a reputation beyond reputeGreatness has a reputation beyond reputeGreatness has a reputation beyond reputeGreatness has a reputation beyond reputeGreatness has a reputation beyond reputeGreatness has a reputation beyond reputeGreatness has a reputation beyond repute

At worst he would be ranked 4th. It's an irrelevant question, nobody tries hard after the USO; Rafa should be back to #2 before Wimbledon 2013.
Greatness is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 09:15 PM   #95
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatness View Post
At worst he would be ranked 4th. It's an irrelevant question, nobody tries hard after the USO; Rafa should be back to #2 before Wimbledon 2013.
That is unlikely to say the least. It is after Wimbledon his chance comes, if he has done well in the 1st half of 2013. There is not much room for improvement in the clay season, so unless he does a "Djokovic 2011" in the slow HC season he'll most probably stay 4th for a while - at best.
Litotes is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 09:35 PM   #96
country flag duarte_a
Federer Fan & Dull Hater

duarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
That is unlikely to say the least. It is after Wimbledon his chance comes, if he has done well in the 1st half of 2013. There is not much room for improvement in the clay season, so unless he does a "Djokovic 2011" in the slow HC season he'll most probably stay 4th for a while - at best.
This. Nadal post RG as virtually no points to defend.

Incredible how nadal will probably be able to stay 4th in the rankings when he will have missed almost half of the season.
Old 09-14-2012, 10:25 PM   #97
country flag hipolymer

hipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by duarte_a View Post
This. Nadal post RG as virtually no points to defend.

Incredible how nadal will probably be able to stay 4th in the rankings when he will have missed almost half of the season.
There's nothing incredible about that. He's won a slam and 2 masters.
Sorry Djokonauts, I am a fan of Federer now. I've learned over the years to appreciate his contribution to the game. No one will ever surpass this man's influence.
Federer ~ The consummate professional. Never retired once in a match. Does not go over the time limit on every point.
Since becoming a Fed Fan I have had 0 moderations
hipolymer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 10:29 PM   #98
country flag EliSter

EliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond repute

Nadal will take no.3 from Mugray next year, will he be 2nd or 3rd depends if Olderer fails badly next year. Hopefully he finishes bellow 4th so he meet Olderer in GS QF and finishes that QF streak.

BigJohn
EliSter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 02:43 AM   #99
country flag Sri

Sri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatness View Post
It's not that simple. Nadal is defending an excellent first half of 2012. He should have been winning points now to ease the pressure.

Rustiness, indifferent form or lagging issues may mean a poor first half and that won't help his climb back up the rankings.
Old 09-15-2012, 03:40 AM   #100
country flag atennisfan

atennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliSter View Post
Nadal will take no.3 from Mugray next year, will he be 2nd or 3rd depends if Olderer fails badly next year. Hopefully he finishes bellow 4th so he meet Olderer in GS QF and finishes that QF streak.

Funny how Fedhaters normally claimed that they don;t care at all about the QF streak record, and yet here it is, finally showed that they do really care about records.

People need to wake up. Olderer is not winning anymore slams - neither is he going to become #1.
atennisfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 04:28 AM   #101
country flag fivebargate

fivebargate has a reputation beyond reputefivebargate has a reputation beyond reputefivebargate has a reputation beyond reputefivebargate has a reputation beyond reputefivebargate has a reputation beyond reputefivebargate has a reputation beyond reputefivebargate has a reputation beyond reputefivebargate has a reputation beyond reputefivebargate has a reputation beyond reputefivebargate has a reputation beyond reputefivebargate has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexybeast View Post
Federer loses to Nadal on grass because
He does what? He lost once....in a 5th set as tight as could be....behave! And that is well documented by the Wimbledon coverage itself...*that* graphic that illustrated the bounce being a good foot higher by 2008, enabling Nadal the time to wrestle just enough advantage....same across the board....even US Open 2010. If Nadal has enough time on the ball, with a high enough bounce....with enough time to recover between points...he can win any slam. We surely know this by now, no?
fivebargate is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 04:52 AM   #102
country flag paseo

paseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If they meet in the QF, then QF streak will still be going. Fed needs to lose in the 4th round to end the QF streak.

Fed lost in the QF just last week, Man.
paseo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 08:55 AM   #103
country flag garad

garad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If he met "Olderer" in GS QF, he would have no chance of finishing that QF streak...

Think... think... think some more... then type.
Old 09-15-2012, 09:03 AM   #104
country flag duarte_a
Federer Fan & Dull Hater

duarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond repute

^^^^ Also funny how EliSter expects nadull to fall in Roger's quarter if he is below #4. And people talk about Roger's easy draws..... Guess Roger gets the harder draws more often than not. Not that it is anything new, it's just that it can be a surprise to some people out there.
Old 09-15-2012, 11:57 AM   #105
country flag Nole fan
The new era of SuperNovak

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute

Nadal will be back to number 2 pretty soon. Nole to n01 and Murray to 3.

Either you get him or you don't.

Novak Djokovic nº1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote