Where will Nadal be ranked at the end of 2012? - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Nadal's year end ranking 2012?

1 or 2 0 0%
nr. 3 21 16.41%
nr. 4 91 71.09%
nr. 5 5 3.91%
6 or lower 11 8.59%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-29-2012, 12:05 AM   #16
country flag dencod16

dencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where will Nadal be ranked at the end of 2012?

Depending on when he comes back TBH. if he comes back around Asian Swing i would say 3, i think 4 will be his lowest.
dencod16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2012, 01:53 AM   #17
country flag stewietennis

stewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond repute

Heavily dependent on the other three losing points rather than Nadal gaining.
stewietennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 01:56 AM   #18
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Probably 4 but it makes no frigging difference unless he ends up 5 and then possibly has to defeat say, Murray QF, Djokovic SF, Federer F to win tournaments.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:16 AM   #19
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

#3 seems the most reasonable guess to me right now. He's not got much to defend in the remainder of the season and Murray et al. will have to do extremely well to be able to pass him.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:38 AM   #20
country flag Mountaindewslave

Mountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
This is an interesting thing to consider in my opinion since it may be possible that Nadal will not play much in 2012 anymore.

The current race ranking: http://live-tennis.eu/race

Basically, Murray is 2100 points behind Nadal in the race whereas Ferrer is 2800. Del Potro is about 3500 back. If Nadal does not play during the remaining year, I think that it's very likely that Murray passes him. Andy is bound to collect 2100 points in the remaining tournaments and Ferrer might be close as well, especially if he gets nice draws (being the nr.4 seed) and gets to the semis of big tournaments often. Del Potro is an outsider here IMO. If Nadal is fit to play after the USO, then I don't think there's a chance he falls outside the top 4.

If Nadal were to finish the season as nr. 5, it would mean a very interesting AO draw I think...

What do you guys think: What will Nadal's year end ranking be in 2012?
it certainly isn't a shoe in that Murray takes his rank. I mean you act like its not many points but he would have to win a masters title probably and preform fairly well at the other events which obviously is not a given. if Nadal plays any of the asian swing or the WTF it becomes very unlikely. regardless, it's not as though it's some impressive feat if he did manage to pass a player who dissapeared for a good portion of the season

------------------------ <3 Richard Gasquet <3

Rafael Nadal
Mountaindewslave is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 06:24 AM   #21
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

3 if he plays again this year, 4 if not. Ferrer is not a threat. Nadal has 6840 points so far this year and Ferrer has 5375 points for the last 12 months. No way is he improving upon last year with 1500 points from now on.
Litotes is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 06:35 AM   #22
country flag Jverweij

Jverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond repute

i'd hate to see him drop out of the top 4 because of injury. That being said, it's not very likely. Murray will probably overtake him, but that will be of little meaning, and I expect Nadal to strike back next year.
Jverweij is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 07:55 AM   #23
country flag Lopez

Lopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaindewslave View Post
it certainly isn't a shoe in that Murray takes his rank. I mean you act like its not many points but he would have to win a masters title probably and preform fairly well at the other events which obviously is not a given. if Nadal plays any of the asian swing or the WTF it becomes very unlikely. regardless, it's not as though it's some impressive feat if he did manage to pass a player who dissapeared for a good portion of the season
Well of course it's not a certainty, in fact if Nadal comes back for the Asian swing and WTF then Murray would probably have to win the USO or at least reach the final for him to have a good chance.

However, if you look at Murray's performance in the indoor season and Asian swing, it's been quite good. Last year he won Bangkok, Tokyo and Shanghai in the Asian swing.

If Nadal doesn't come back, then I'd say Murray will pass him. For example, USO SF and a TMS final together would give 1300 points. Surely he'd collect 800 points from the remaining tournaments.
lol, who will beat him? Wawrinka? Berdych? Gulbis? Rosol? Federer?

Only Del Potro can take him out before the semis, and he won't. Nadal is winning the AO, bet your house on it.
Somewhere out there, there is a homeless person who once took betting advice from GSMnadal
Lopez is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:17 AM   #24
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMnadal View Post
#4 seed will win the Australian Open next year.
Murray is not winning the AO.

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Say what you want about Federer playing Baghdatis and Gonzo in AO finals... But at least he won them
Looner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:06 AM   #25
country flag buzz

buzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond repute

three or four, who cares won''t have that much value if murray passes him due to injury.
buzz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 01:34 PM   #26
country flag Lopez

Lopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently Nadal will likely miss the rest of the season, maybe plays the WTF. If this is true, how does it affect his ranking? Murray will surely pass him but can Ferrer make a charge for nr.4?

Only Del Potro can take him out before the semis, and he won't. Nadal is winning the AO, bet your house on it.
Somewhere out there, there is a homeless person who once took betting advice from GSMnadal
Old 09-02-2012, 01:39 PM   #27
country flag TigerTim

TigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond repute

Murray is GOAT in Asia, expect 1500 points there, maybe 720 at USO, he is due a good run at WTF maybe 600 thereish

Quote:
Originally Posted by SliceAce View Post
As for Mugray, what can be said? A disgusting human being, and awful player, and a choking pushing mug. He looks like a kemo patient, bald spots, hairless legs, pasty blotchy skin, busted teeth, and an ugly, snarling face. Typical antics all came out in this match: faking injuries, grimacing and cursing, trying to peg Fed, trying to start drama, undeserved final based on an exhausted old man and a joke draw.

I'm no Fakervic fan but he needs to save tennis, sadly tree trunk legs will be fresh. Interesting he's never questioned...
TigerTim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 01:43 PM   #28
country flag Ash86

Ash86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond repute

He has 6840 points so far in the race. Ferrer 4105. If Ferrer makes the SF he'll still not even be at 5000 points - around 4700-4800 I think so still 2000 points behind with 2 Masters, the WTF, a 500 and maybe a 250 to go. Del Po is behind Ferrer though potentially could win more in the indoor events than Ferrer.

Either way, unless either Ferrer/Del Po have a sensational end of the season Nadal should still be favoured to finish fourth. Can't see Ferrer winning either Masters. Del Po maybe could get Shanghai or something (again a big ask) but still too far behind IMO.

Murray will pass him but being third or fourth doesn't matter too much. As long as he's seeded in the top 4 for Aus Open he should be happy I expect.
Ash86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 01:47 PM   #29
country flag HDW

HDW has a reputation beyond reputeHDW has a reputation beyond reputeHDW has a reputation beyond reputeHDW has a reputation beyond reputeHDW has a reputation beyond reputeHDW has a reputation beyond reputeHDW has a reputation beyond reputeHDW has a reputation beyond reputeHDW has a reputation beyond reputeHDW has a reputation beyond reputeHDW has a reputation beyond repute

4 I think. That's if he doesn't play the rest of the year as rumored.
HDW is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 02:06 PM   #30
country flag Lopez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash86 View Post
He has 6840 points so far in the race. Ferrer 4105. If Ferrer makes the SF he'll still not even be at 5000 points - around 4700-4800 I think so still 2000 points behind with 2 Masters, the WTF, a 500 and maybe a 250 to go. Del Po is behind Ferrer though potentially could win more in the indoor events than Ferrer.

Either way, unless either Ferrer/Del Po have a sensational end of the season Nadal should still be favoured to finish fourth. Can't see Ferrer winning either Masters. Del Po maybe could get Shanghai or something (again a big ask) but still too far behind IMO.

Murray will pass him but being third or fourth doesn't matter too much. As long as he's seeded in the top 4 for Aus Open he should be happy I expect.
If Ferrer makes the semis of the big tournaments (USO, Shanghai and Paris), he'll get around 1400 points I think. Then there is Tokyo/Beijing and Valencia 500, Bangkok 250 (and some others, can't remember). So it's going to be difficult but not impossible.

Then of course if Nadal doesn't play WTF and Ferrer makes the semis there as well, he'll get even more points.