Interesting Federer Q&A with the Wall Street Journal - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-28-2012, 04:38 PM   #61
country flag Punky

Punky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Interesting Federer Q&A with the Wall Street Journal

loved it!! classy, Interesting, honest and i like the fact he gives so much credit to his wife
she is a rare wife indeed and they have amazing love story.

cant imagen flying all over the world with 2 kids..
things were created to be used.
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

"יברכך ה' וישמרך,יאר ה' פניו אליך ויחונך,ישא ה' פניו אליך וישם לך שלום"
Punky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2012, 04:51 PM   #62
country flag rickcastle

rickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by coluta View Post
So just because he is a multi millionaire and a sports superstar his life couldn't be tough?
Dude, I'm sure it is. Like when his parents got divorced, it's tough on anyone regardless of how much money you have. But no one wants to hear (or read about) a multimillionaire complain about a tough life unless you're a paid psychiatrist. At the end of the day, you can treat yourself to an expensive wardrobe or a nice vacation when you're feeling a bit blue; you never have to experience the worry of where next month's rent is coming from. Other people who get down on themselves don't have such an option. Everyone's got problems but it's good to have the cognizance to realize when your problems are smaller than those of other people.
rickcastle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 05:19 PM   #63
country flag Deep Return
Banned!

Deep Return has a reputation beyond reputeDeep Return has a reputation beyond reputeDeep Return has a reputation beyond reputeDeep Return has a reputation beyond reputeDeep Return has a reputation beyond reputeDeep Return has a reputation beyond reputeDeep Return has a reputation beyond reputeDeep Return has a reputation beyond reputeDeep Return has a reputation beyond reputeDeep Return has a reputation beyond reputeDeep Return has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennis Fool View Post
I read Open but not Rafa (not even sure it's been translated yet). Was Rafa too generic?

Also, I'm not sure Roger is the type to spill warts and all, like Agassi.
Andre book was interesting and entertaining. Lot of tennis talked, inside info like personalities of different players, their behaviour etc. Bolletieri academy, childhood drill with crazy father, lot of personal info (hair, drugs...) but it was all written by grown up man.

Rafa book was... boring (to say it nicely). It was like when 10yo gets a homework to talk about his family. Family was like 80% (history of Mallorca, what are the Mallorcans like and why, how is Tony bad but he still love him because he is part of family. Only once he said to Toni he did not like his approach and he was feeling really bad. Lot of talking about his knee. Tennis is like 20%, that was better but still not like Agassi book. Funny part was when he was talking about the shot making, that when he has like 60% chance to hit a winner, he does not go for it and he waits until he has like 90%. No wonder you have to rewind 10 Rafa matches to make one minute highlights...
Deep Return is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:55 PM   #64
country flag Fujee

Fujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Soup View Post
take it easy my brother charlie
TUNE!!!!
Genius is not replicable. Inspiration, though, is contagious, and multiform — and even just to see, close up, power and aggression made vulnerable to beauty is to feel inspired and (in a fleeting, mortal way) reconciled.

David Foster Wallace
Fujee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:25 PM   #65
country flag JediFed

JediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I wonder what tennis related pun he'll use for his book--or maybe he'll be like Rafa and just go with something generic like Roger: My Story
"From Beginnerer to Enderer"

Sunset of Age
She's MY Miss MTF
Sweet, Sassy, Sophisticated

"Love has nothing to do with what you're expecting to get, only what you're expecting to give - which is everything. What you receive in return varies, but that really has no connection with why you give. You give because you love and cannot help giving." - K. Hepburn.
JediFed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:27 PM   #66
country flag comesbackatlast

comesbackatlast has a reputation beyond reputecomesbackatlast has a reputation beyond reputecomesbackatlast has a reputation beyond reputecomesbackatlast has a reputation beyond reputecomesbackatlast has a reputation beyond reputecomesbackatlast has a reputation beyond reputecomesbackatlast has a reputation beyond reputecomesbackatlast has a reputation beyond reputecomesbackatlast has a reputation beyond reputecomesbackatlast has a reputation beyond reputecomesbackatlast has a reputation beyond repute

"Roger, you know, Federer"

Chuck Norris Facts in Tennis - "Best of"!
comesbackatlast is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote