Interesting Federer Q&A with the Wall Street Journal - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-27-2012, 04:32 AM   #16
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Interesting Federer Q&A with the Wall Street Journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennis Fool View Post
How much does Mirka sacrifice to make all this happen?

It’s all me for her. I admire her every day that she is willing to do this. I tell her, ‘I think you should take a week here or a week there, take care of yourself a bit more, because you are putting in an incredible amount of work here.’ But she says, ‘Look, I’m not happy when you’re not around.’ And that’s as good as it gets for me, and I’m obviously also not the same person when she and the kids are not around. So we try to manage it. It’s good to have a balance. We try to make it work that we have time by ourselves, time with the family, time with our friends in this busy, busy life that we live.
verdasco

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2012, 04:57 AM   #17
country flag LleytonMonfils

LleytonMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeLleytonMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeLleytonMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeLleytonMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeLleytonMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeLleytonMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeLleytonMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeLleytonMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeLleytonMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeLleytonMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeLleytonMonfils has a reputation beyond repute

That was a good interview, even the ending advice was great. Well done. Good questions too, sometimes these interviews can be so standard and bland.
LleytonMonfils is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 05:00 AM   #18
country flag guga2120

guga2120 has a reputation beyond reputeguga2120 has a reputation beyond reputeguga2120 has a reputation beyond reputeguga2120 has a reputation beyond reputeguga2120 has a reputation beyond reputeguga2120 has a reputation beyond reputeguga2120 has a reputation beyond reputeguga2120 has a reputation beyond reputeguga2120 has a reputation beyond reputeguga2120 has a reputation beyond reputeguga2120 has a reputation beyond repute

He was not in his prime by any means in 2009, and yet won the double. Same thing this year. He is a lucky guy. This also belongs in the fedclown forum.
guga2120 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 05:17 AM   #19
country flag sco

sco has a reputation beyond reputesco has a reputation beyond reputesco has a reputation beyond reputesco has a reputation beyond reputesco has a reputation beyond reputesco has a reputation beyond reputesco has a reputation beyond reputesco has a reputation beyond reputesco has a reputation beyond reputesco has a reputation beyond reputesco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylacauga View Post
I always enjoy Roger's interviews. He gives very insightful & candid responses. Even after everything that he's won & accomplished, there's nothing jaded or indifferent about his attitude. He still shows such appreciation for the game & everything that it's brought to his life.
Maybe it was Peter Carter's death that is responsible for that appreciative attitude. Probably going through that when Fed was so young makes him take nothing for granted. Interesting insight into his life. Can't imagine playing professional tennis with 2 kids. My son's first year was horrible - both of us sick all the time as he caught everything and of course, they're all over you when they're sick (or not).

That's right Mirka - stick to him like glue - don't let him out of your sight.
sco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 05:26 AM   #20
country flag Mercury

Mercury has a reputation beyond reputeMercury has a reputation beyond reputeMercury has a reputation beyond reputeMercury has a reputation beyond reputeMercury has a reputation beyond reputeMercury has a reputation beyond reputeMercury has a reputation beyond reputeMercury has a reputation beyond reputeMercury has a reputation beyond reputeMercury has a reputation beyond reputeMercury has a reputation beyond repute

Great interview, lots of fun to read. I really liked his advice for newcomers to the game as well, gonna show it to my brother's son today.
Mercury is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 05:31 AM   #21
country flag barbadosan

barbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylacauga View Post
I always enjoy Roger's interviews. He gives very insightful & candid responses. Even after everything that he's won & accomplished, there's nothing jaded or indifferent about his attitude. He still shows such appreciation for the game & everything that it's brought to his life.
+1

Respectfully,
masterclass

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning." - Richard Cook
barbadosan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 05:32 AM   #22
country flag Whiznot

Whiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond repute

Damn! WSJ forgot to ask Roger when he sold his soul to the devil.
Whiznot is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 06:16 AM   #23
country flag manadrainer

manadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond repute

I enjoyed it a lot. thanks.

Once upon a time there was a myth about strong and weak eras. On this glorious day the clownery was eventually unmasked: 30 y.o. past-prime daddy Fed became #1 once again in the supposed strong "Spartan" era with his rivals at their peak.
And they all lived happily ever after.
Long live King Federer!

17 Grand Slam titles
7 Wimbledon titles
302 weeks at #1
Legend
manadrainer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 06:16 AM   #24
country flag DemiCrayanhan

DemiCrayanhan has a reputation beyond reputeDemiCrayanhan has a reputation beyond reputeDemiCrayanhan has a reputation beyond reputeDemiCrayanhan has a reputation beyond reputeDemiCrayanhan has a reputation beyond reputeDemiCrayanhan has a reputation beyond reputeDemiCrayanhan has a reputation beyond reputeDemiCrayanhan has a reputation beyond reputeDemiCrayanhan has a reputation beyond reputeDemiCrayanhan has a reputation beyond reputeDemiCrayanhan has a reputation beyond repute

good read. i'm always amazed that after a gazillion interviews, the guy still has interesting stuff left to say.

he'd better be taking notes for a book after retirement. bestseller for sure.

The Yin-Yang of Tennis

"Seemingly contrary forces which are not only interconnected and interdependent in the natural world, but only give rise to each other in turn."
DemiCrayanhan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 06:31 AM   #25
country flag rickcastle

rickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond repute

Great interview.
rickcastle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 06:44 AM   #26
country flag Pratik

Pratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond repute

Nice interview. Thanks for posting.
Pratik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 06:46 AM   #27
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemiCrayanhan View Post
he'd better be taking notes for a book after retirement. bestseller for sure.
I wonder what tennis related pun he'll use for his book--or maybe he'll be like Rafa and just go with something generic like Roger: My Story
verdasco

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 07:09 AM   #28
country flag Deep Return
Banned!

Deep Return has a reputation beyond reputeDeep Return has a reputation beyond reputeDeep Return has a reputation beyond reputeDeep Return has a reputation beyond reputeDeep Return has a reputation beyond reputeDeep Return has a reputation beyond reputeDeep Return has a reputation beyond reputeDeep Return has a reputation beyond reputeDeep Return has a reputation beyond reputeDeep Return has a reputation beyond reputeDeep Return has a reputation beyond repute

I just hope when his book is out it will be more like Agassi Open than Nadals Rafa.
Deep Return is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 07:15 AM   #29
country flag barbadosan

barbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirata. View Post
I wonder what tennis related pun he'll use for his book--or maybe he'll be like Rafa and just go with something generic like Roger: My Story
My vote goes to "Roger That"

Respectfully,
masterclass

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning." - Richard Cook
barbadosan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 07:23 AM   #30
country flag mikkemus23

mikkemus23 has a reputation beyond reputemikkemus23 has a reputation beyond reputemikkemus23 has a reputation beyond reputemikkemus23 has a reputation beyond reputemikkemus23 has a reputation beyond reputemikkemus23 has a reputation beyond reputemikkemus23 has a reputation beyond reputemikkemus23 has a reputation beyond reputemikkemus23 has a reputation beyond reputemikkemus23 has a reputation beyond reputemikkemus23 has a reputation beyond repute

Great words, Rogi