Roger : We are best ever, The four of us? That’s a really difficult call. - Page 12 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-03-2012, 02:23 AM   #166
country flag Corey Feldman
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nadal - "If someone says I am better than Roger...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojoh07 View Post
shhhh nole fans who started watching tennis in 08 think nole is the GOAT
Liked it
Corey Feldman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2012, 02:23 AM   #167
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

BigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SetSampras View Post
The main difference between Roger and Nadal to me has been HEALTH. Rafa would have surpassed the slam record long ago (maybe even before Federer) if his health didn't do him in.. Rafa came into tennis with health issues. Roger has had damn near perfect health so he hasn't missed a beat in that regard. Roger has had either amazing luck or something else.. Generaly you don't play as long on top as Roger has without some major physical issue concern REGARDLESS of your style of play. Ive seen a lot of guys with effortless type of tennis play who still get injured and major injuries which keep them out of action for a while.

Yea playing styles of some to do with it of course is well.. But Rafa already had foot issues (which could have caused his knee issues later) before he even became a tennis player.

Its a shame really for Nadal really in that regard.
Nadal's health problems has a lot to do with Nadal trying hard to overtake Federer, to match Federer's level of domination without having the right style of play to have a realistic shot at achieving that because too taxing on the body.

Style of play has everything to do with both Federer and Nadal having an injury free career and undefeated when uninjured career respectively. With the mileage adding up, Nadal is only able to dominate on clay. Then he breaks down.

Nadal pushed too hard with what he was given to start with. He overdid it. He has no one to blame but himself. And uncle Tony.
BigJohn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 02:28 AM   #168
country flag fluffyyelloballz

fluffyyelloballz has a reputation beyond reputefluffyyelloballz has a reputation beyond reputefluffyyelloballz has a reputation beyond reputefluffyyelloballz has a reputation beyond reputefluffyyelloballz has a reputation beyond reputefluffyyelloballz has a reputation beyond reputefluffyyelloballz has a reputation beyond reputefluffyyelloballz has a reputation beyond reputefluffyyelloballz has a reputation beyond reputefluffyyelloballz has a reputation beyond reputefluffyyelloballz has a reputation beyond repute

I swear I watched about 9 major finals between these two and Nadal won 7 of them. He sure looked the better player to me.

http://guardianlv.com/2014/07/novak-...s-open-series/
Djokovic and Nadal rivalry enters another chapter as US Open Series begins
fluffyyelloballz is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 02:31 AM   #169
country flag DJ Soup

DJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The main difference between Roger and Nadal to me has been HEALTH. Rafa would have surpassed the slam record long ago (maybe even before Federer) if his health didn't do him in...
Rafa's health problems is a direct consequence of his gamestyle. Whereas Federer embodies tennis.

anyway Rafa just said you know nothing about tennis
DJ Soup is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 02:33 AM   #170
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

BigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffyyelloballz View Post
I swear I watched about 9 major finals between these two and Nadal won 7 of them. He sure looked the better player to me.
You do understand that you have to look at more than the H2H vs 1 player to assess if a player is better than another one right? There are other variables, a great number of them more relevant than an individual H2H, to consider.
Old 09-03-2012, 02:34 AM   #171
country flag pray-for-palestine-and-israel

pray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond repute

just stating the obvious really

but its a classy move from rafa

normally nadal fans would destroy anyone who said this but if its rafa himself they are conflicted

they dont wanna put him down
but they'd never place any player above him
and they loathe roger
Old 09-03-2012, 02:35 AM   #172
country flag grahampros

grahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn View Post
Nadal's health problems has a lot to do with Nadal trying hard to overtake Federer, to match Federer's level of domination without having the right style of play to have a realistic shot at achieving that because too taxing on the body.

Style of play has everything to do with both Federer and Nadal having an injury free career and undefeated when uninjured career respectively. With the mileage adding up, Nadal is only able to dominate on clay. Then he breaks down.

Nadal pushed too hard with what he was given to start with. He overdid it. He has no one to blame but himself. And uncle Tony.
I don't know if it's fair assessment he pushed too hard. They have known about the physical limitations for quite some time. If he didn't push so hard unlikely he would have achieved what he has. Sometimes it's a gamble taken to push hard have a great few years to in the end have a shorter career.

I for one would much prefer to see Rafa give it his all and have achieved what he has, then alter things so much he just couldn't compete. Even on the off chance he never plays another match, he's achieved a record few others will ever match.
grahampros is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 02:36 AM   #173
country flag DJ Soup

DJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffyyelloballz View Post
I swear I saw Federer win more slams WHILE NADAL WAS ACTIVE. If Nadal can beat Federer, how come he has less slams. THIS DOES NOT COMPUTE!
DJ Soup is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 02:37 AM   #174
heya
Banned!

heya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond repute

clownfederer says roddick is the great guy who creates good practical jokes,... if fed vanquishes great titans roddick and hewitt 9 times in slams, why not destroy a slumped djokovic?
heya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 02:41 AM   #175
country flag ssj100

ssj100 has a reputation beyond reputessj100 has a reputation beyond reputessj100 has a reputation beyond reputessj100 has a reputation beyond reputessj100 has a reputation beyond reputessj100 has a reputation beyond reputessj100 has a reputation beyond reputessj100 has a reputation beyond reputessj100 has a reputation beyond reputessj100 has a reputation beyond reputessj100 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The main difference between Roger and Nadal to me has been HEALTH. Rafa would have surpassed the slam record long ago (maybe even before Federer) if his health didn't do him in.. Rafa came into tennis with health issues. Roger has had damn near perfect health so he hasn't missed a beat in that regard. Roger has had either amazing luck or something else.. Generaly you don't play as long on top as Roger has without some major physical issue concern REGARDLESS of your style of play. Ive seen a lot of guys with effortless type of tennis play who still get injured and major injuries which keep them out of action for a while.

Yea playing styles of some to do with it of course is well.. But Rafa already had foot issues (which could have caused his knee issues later) before he even became a tennis player.

Its a shame really for Nadal really in that regard.
You obviously haven't been reading any of my recent posts. Even if you're the better player (better skill/stamina/technique), it doesn't mean you will win the match. Just ask Nadal when he lost to Rosol or when he lost 3 straight slam finals for the first time in history. Just ask Sampras when he got knocked out in 4th rounds and 2nd rounds of Grand Slams in his prime.

This is why what Federer has achieved is incredible. It shouldn't be possible to be world no. 1 for 290+ total weeks. It shouldn't be possible to win 15+ Grand Slams so quickly. It shouldn't be possible to be world no. 1 for 237 consecutive weeks, reach 10 straight slam finals, 23 straight slam semi-finals, and 33 straight quarter-finals (and counting). Just ask anyone who has ever played the game of tennis. This is why everyone considers Federer to the one of the greatest of all time, and many consider him as THE greatest. What he has done in the last 10 years just shouldn't be possible!

6-2, 6-3, 6-2 and 6-2, 6-2, 6-2 and 6-3, 6-0 (and not even finals).
ssj100 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 02:41 AM   #176
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Soup View Post
I swear I saw Federer win more slams WHILE NADAL WAS ACTIVE. If Nadal can beat Federer, how come he has less slams. THIS DOES NOT COMPUTE!
Nadal was injured?
Old 09-03-2012, 02:43 AM   #177
country flag Naudio Spanlatine
I wanna taste u.

Location: Lust and/or Love of fire. My heaven has awaited me.
Naudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing new dude
Ben Rothenberg ‏@BenRothenberg 52m
Aside from everything else, Petra Kvitova is also the first player in WTA history to successfully recover from Radek Stepanek... #Wimbledon
Quote:
Originally Posted by jalusbrian View Post
Ben Rothenberg ‏@BenRothenberg 1h
Yes, Genie Bouchard is the next Maria Sharapova...in that she's being overwhelmed by Petra Kvitova in a #Wimbledon final. Up 6-3, 2-0.:
:
deestruction.tumblr.com
Naudio Spanlatine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 02:45 AM   #178
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grahampros View Post
I don't know if it's fair assessment he pushed too hard. They have known about the physical limitations for quite some time. If he didn't push so hard unlikely he would have achieved what he has. Sometimes it's a gamble taken to push hard have a great few years to in the end have a shorter career.

I for one would much prefer to see Rafa give it his all and have achieved what he has, then alter things so much he just couldn't compete. Even on the off chance he never plays another match, he's achieved a record few others will ever match.
So you think it was a deliberate gamble? Destroy your knees, you won't need them for sea bass fishing?
Old 09-03-2012, 02:45 AM   #179
country flag grahampros

grahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn View Post
Nadal was injured?
The reason doesn't really matter. If your not fit to compete you're not gonna win. The final record is the final record.
grahampros is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 02:48 AM   #180
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grahampros View Post
The reason doesn't really matter. If your not fit to compete you're not gonna win. The final record is the final record.
True, but still, Nadal can actually say he never lost a match when healthy. That's why he's the GOAT, that and the H2H vs Federer of course.