Roger : We are best ever, The four of us? That’s a really difficult call. - Page 11 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-03-2012, 01:19 AM   #151
country flag DJ Soup

DJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nadal - "If someone says I am better than Roger...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SetSampras View Post
Roger hasn't beat the guy in 5 year at a slam.. He must be BETTER then Roger in some way.. ROFLMAO.. Rafa has always been humble.. Nothing new
you know nothing about tennis
DJ Soup is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2012, 01:34 AM   #152
country flag SetSampras

SetSampras has a reputation beyond reputeSetSampras has a reputation beyond reputeSetSampras has a reputation beyond reputeSetSampras has a reputation beyond reputeSetSampras has a reputation beyond reputeSetSampras has a reputation beyond reputeSetSampras has a reputation beyond reputeSetSampras has a reputation beyond reputeSetSampras has a reputation beyond reputeSetSampras has a reputation beyond reputeSetSampras has a reputation beyond repute

The main difference between Roger and Nadal to me has been HEALTH. Rafa would have surpassed the slam record long ago (maybe even before Federer) if his health didn't do him in.. Rafa came into tennis with health issues. Roger has had damn near perfect health so he hasn't missed a beat in that regard. Roger has had either amazing luck or something else.. Generaly you don't play as long on top as Roger has without some major physical issue concern REGARDLESS of your style of play. Ive seen a lot of guys with effortless type of tennis play who still get injured and major injuries which keep them out of action for a while.

Yea playing styles of some to do with it of course is well.. But Rafa already had foot issues (which could have caused his knee issues later) before he even became a tennis player.

Its a shame really for Nadal really in that regard.
SetSampras is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 01:41 AM   #153
country flag Mountaindewslave

Mountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The main difference between Roger and Nadal to me has been HEALTH. Rafa would have surpassed the slam record long ago (maybe even before Federer) if his health didn't do him in.. Rafa came into tennis with health issues. Roger has had damn near perfect health so he hasn't missed a beat in that regard. Roger has had either amazing luck or something else.. Generaly you don't play as long on top as Roger has without some major physical issue concern REGARDLESS of your style of play. Ive seen a lot of guys with effortless type of tennis play who still get injured and major injuries which keep them out of action for a while.

Yea playing styles of some to do with it of course is well.. But Rafa already had foot issues (which could have caused his knee issues later) before he even became a tennis player.

Its a shame really for Nadal really in that regard.
all of your commentary is based on assumptions: you really have no clue if Nadal would have won many more slams if he had not been injured, for all we know he could have won LESS. it's irregardless, he becomes injured because of his battling style that is really rough and tears him up physically... if he didn't play like that he wouldn't have success but he might be more healthy. it's illogical to pull that out as an excuse. he must work much harder than Federer and although it certainly does take talent to play the way Nadal does, he just is not nearly naturally as talented as Federer.

Federer >>>> Nadal in every single department except maybe speed/flexibility/strength, physcial departments. his game is prettier, his strokes cleaner, his form better, much better serve etc. 'what ifs' are irrelevant.

------------------------ <3 Richard Gasquet <3

Rafael Nadal
Mountaindewslave is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 01:51 AM   #154
country flag atennisfan

atennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojoh07 View Post
shhhh nole fans who started watching tennis in 08 think nole is the GOAT
Touche.
People need to wake up. Olderer is not winning anymore slams - neither is he going to become #1.
atennisfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 01:51 AM   #155
country flag SetSampras

SetSampras has a reputation beyond reputeSetSampras has a reputation beyond reputeSetSampras has a reputation beyond reputeSetSampras has a reputation beyond reputeSetSampras has a reputation beyond reputeSetSampras has a reputation beyond reputeSetSampras has a reputation beyond reputeSetSampras has a reputation beyond reputeSetSampras has a reputation beyond reputeSetSampras has a reputation beyond reputeSetSampras has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaindewslave View Post
all of your commentary is based on assumptions: you really have no clue if Nadal would have won many more slams if he had not been injured, for all we know he could have won LESS. it's irregardless, he becomes injured because of his battling style that is really rough and tears him up physically... if he didn't play like that he wouldn't have success but he might be more healthy. it's illogical to pull that out as an excuse. he must work much harder than Federer and although it certainly does take talent to play the way Nadal does, he just is not nearly naturally as talented as Federer.

Federer >>>> Nadal in every single department except maybe speed/flexibility/strength, physcial departments. his game is prettier, his strokes cleaner, his form better, much better serve etc. 'what ifs' are irrelevant.

Nadal>>Federer in mental toughness.. Nadal has a better BH as well..

Game is Prettier? Who cares?

And I highly doubt its a "what if" based on the evidence and history thats been given. Its more like "more then likely". Fed could barely handled Roddick at wimbledon that year.. How was he gonna handle Nadal?

Rafa has injuries derailing his 2009 season after the AO when he was peaking... That a few slams right there.. The way he was playing, I would like to know who would have beaten him if he was healthy other then maybe at the USO. Injuries are derailing his career once again from gaining more slams and with the lack of depth in the field (and considering Nole's level has plummeted and how Rafa has owned Murray) there is no one to stop him. Again.. A shame.
SetSampras is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 01:53 AM   #156
country flag atennisfan

atennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond repute

Setsampras has not been the same since Roger won his 7th Wimby and destroyed Sampras' #1 weeks.
People need to wake up. Olderer is not winning anymore slams - neither is he going to become #1.
Old 09-03-2012, 01:55 AM   #157
country flag atennisfan

Quote:
Nadal>>
Game is Prettier? Who cares?

True.
GS is all that matters, right?

17 >>>> 11
17 >>>> 14
Old 09-03-2012, 01:56 AM   #158
country flag grahampros

grahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond repute

Let's save the tireless debate about who's better. That's been done to DEATH. The point of the thread was Nadal's quoted comment. It's just true it's consistent with what he's always said. The point is NOT to get in the never winning debate again.
grahampros is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 02:07 AM   #159
country flag tektonac

tektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliSter View Post
Nadalito trying to soften up Olderer before he makes him first class turkey next year.
this (tho uncle toni is the mastermind).
tektonac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 02:10 AM   #160
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

BigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerTim View Post
That's stupid in itself. Since 08 Nole has 5 GS, Badull 8GS, so even then he is not the goat
GS are not relevant. The only thing that matters is H2H vs Nadal.
BigJohn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 02:12 AM   #161
country flag Topspindoctor

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

Is Nadal a member or RSPCA? He's overly kind to his pigeon here. Don't tell me he's vegetarian too

Nadal - GOAT
Sergiy Stakhovsky - Great purger of evil and talented shotmaker
Berdych aka Twitter GOAT - Nose destroyer

2004-2007 = weakest tennis era
2011 = dark age of tennis

2008/2010/2013 = Greatest years of tennis.
Topspindoctor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 02:15 AM   #162
country flag grahampros

grahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond reputegrahampros has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn View Post
GS are not relevant. The only thing that matters is H2H vs Nadal.
You would be in the extreme minority to believe that. H2H is not what makes history. It's the total record. Very few can site the head to head records of champions of the past but they know how many titles they won, how many grand slams etc. Really the only H2H record i've ever herd anyone talking about post career is Chris and Martina given just how many times and how many years they played each other. Beyond that, it's typically forgotten.
grahampros is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 02:17 AM   #163
country flag lazybear

lazybear has a reputation beyond reputelazybear has a reputation beyond reputelazybear has a reputation beyond reputelazybear has a reputation beyond reputelazybear has a reputation beyond reputelazybear has a reputation beyond reputelazybear has a reputation beyond reputelazybear has a reputation beyond reputelazybear has a reputation beyond reputelazybear has a reputation beyond reputelazybear has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Roger hasn't beat the guy in 5 year at a slam.. He must be BETTER then Roger in some way.. ROFLMAO.. Rafa has always been humble.. Nothing new
Yeah, i say he did beat Nadal in numerous slams in the last 5 years, last time this july. This is tennis, not boxing. You compete against the field, not one player.
lazybear is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 02:19 AM   #164
country flag Paylu2007

Paylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
OMG you are back!!!
Paylu2007 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 02:22 AM   #165
country flag Corey Feldman
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute

you could take the word Roger from that, put any other players name (including Volandri) and Nadal would still say the same

he's a trained parrot in everything he says
Corey Feldman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote