Rank the Slams not won by Fed/Nadal/Djoko since 2005 by the most squandered away - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Which Slam was most "let get away" by Federer/Nadal/Djokovic?

AO 2005 1 3.13%
USO 2009 12 37.50%
USO 2012 4 12.50%
W 2013 0 0%
AO 2014 6 18.75%
USO 2014 9 28.13%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old Yesterday, 06:57 PM   #1
country flag PileDrive

PileDrive has a reputation beyond reputePileDrive has a reputation beyond reputePileDrive has a reputation beyond reputePileDrive has a reputation beyond reputePileDrive has a reputation beyond reputePileDrive has a reputation beyond reputePileDrive has a reputation beyond reputePileDrive has a reputation beyond reputePileDrive has a reputation beyond reputePileDrive has a reputation beyond reputePileDrive has a reputation beyond repute
Default Rank the Slams not won by Fed/Nadal/Djoko since 2005 by the most squandered away

Obviously this not to say Slams not won by the BIG 3 are outrighly undeserverd, but i'm just trying to weigh the circumstances as a whole for their failure in those 6 occasions and upon which decide which one was the most missed opportunity to add to their 38 Slam haul.. After all, one Federer/Nadal/Djokovic was favorite to win every majors between 2005-2014...

1- AO'14: Winner: Wawrinka.. How/Who missed it: Nadal or his body….As good as Stan was playing at the beginning of the 1st set and as generally unimpressive and blistered Nadal during the tournament you really can’t talk me into Wawa taking three sets off a healthy Nadal in Slam Final where he couldn’t get one in previous 12 meetings….For instance, he was choking hard to the very same crippled Rafa..Nadal, unlike Djokovic in the QF, wouldn't likely let him frontrun unperturbed to the win..

2- USO'09: Winner: Delpotro.. How/Who missed it: Federer, in one of the worst serving day in his Slam career (11 DFs) fails to serve out a 2-0 lead vs. a 20 year-old 1st time Slam Finalist JMPD-- a favorable matchup whom Federer has often toyed with. Still, even from a 2-1 set lead, Roger proceeds to gets meekly bludgeoned to his first non-Nadal Slam Final loss…All credit to Delpo for coming with goods at crucial moments, but Federer should have been too experienced and too comfortable in the matchup to let that one get away..

3- USO'12: Winner: Murray.. How/Who missed it: No Nadal…a Sleepwalkovic during the first two sets, flustered by windy conditions, gets off to poor start in the Final vs. an opponent who was average during the whole couple of weeks in one of the most dreadful Slams in recent memory. Federer, after a sublime HC form Cincinnati gets ambushed out of nowhere by Berdych in the quarters.. Murray showed nothing special, but gets his Slam trophy while arguably playing a level or two below previous unsuccessful Major runs (USO’08/AO’10/AO’11/W’12 all saw a better form from Andy)

4- USO'14: Winner: Cilic How/Who missed it: No Nadal…As a 33-year-old with declined movement and tennis reflexes (especially on ROS), Federer really had no chance in face of his opponent big-hitting barrage despite a respectable performance (W/UE); Cilic was simply in the zone and was never close to be put into a "choke watch" by the current version of Federer. Djokovic who had often been his foil (10-0 H2H) was in generally poor form during the whole HC summer to suggest that he would have still gotten the better of that Marin who was truly on the cusp of getting a win over Nole as their Wimbledon encounter a month before pointed.

5- W'13: Winner: Murray How/Who missed it: Nadal-- a declined force on grass-- shown the door in R1..Federer was in the mid of godawful summer and crap year gets ousted in R2..A no-great-shakes Murray, with his 2 historical Slam tormentors out, pounces on a very bad day from Djokovic who probably still feeling the effect of his near-5 hour semi with Delpo..Everything fell in place for Murray there..

6- AO'05: Winner: Safin How/Who missed it: Classic case of match-of-his-life by Marat in the SF, which was the real final as it turned out.. You can nitpick about Federer’s unadvised lob on MP in the 4th set, but he was outdone by a better player in the last two sets of the epic.
Advertisement

Old Yesterday, 07:01 PM   #2
country flag mistercrabs

mistercrabs has a reputation beyond reputemistercrabs has a reputation beyond reputemistercrabs has a reputation beyond reputemistercrabs has a reputation beyond reputemistercrabs has a reputation beyond reputemistercrabs has a reputation beyond reputemistercrabs has a reputation beyond reputemistercrabs has a reputation beyond reputemistercrabs has a reputation beyond reputemistercrabs has a reputation beyond reputemistercrabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rank the Slams not won by Fed/Nadal/Djoko since 2005 by the most squandered away

Will you ever get a fucking life. Half of the Fedalovic slams were choked away by other people who were nervous and in awe of people with such lucrative merchandising contracts.

"Veembledon make my neeples craysy"

Bjorn Borg

"I would bet my tiny baby's pinkie that Rafael Nadal is the very living incarnation of Hitler's essence."
Francis Ford Coppola
mistercrabs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:11 PM   #3
country flag RForehand

RForehand has a reputation beyond reputeRForehand has a reputation beyond reputeRForehand has a reputation beyond reputeRForehand has a reputation beyond reputeRForehand has a reputation beyond reputeRForehand has a reputation beyond reputeRForehand has a reputation beyond reputeRForehand has a reputation beyond reputeRForehand has a reputation beyond reputeRForehand has a reputation beyond reputeRForehand has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rank the Slams not won by Fed/Nadal/Djoko since 2005 by the most squandered away

Ao 2009

Federer = undisputed GOAT

2004-2007 = Strongest era in tennis
RForehand is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:18 PM   #4
country flag August

August has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond repute

Must be USO '12.

Safin was a beast and his AO '05 was deserved.
Peak Del GOATro is unplayable so definitely deserved the USO '09.
Peak Stan can blow anybody off court so the AO '14 is deserved.

This leaves us with the two slams of Murray. As he's better against the rest of the field on grass than on HC, his USO '12 was more flukier.

Stan Wawrinka
2014 Australian Open Champion | 2014 Monte Carlo Masters Champion

Jo-Wilfried Tsonga
2008 Paris Masters Champion | 2014 Toronto Masters Champion
August is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:30 PM   #5
country flag PileDrive

PileDrive has a reputation beyond reputePileDrive has a reputation beyond reputePileDrive has a reputation beyond reputePileDrive has a reputation beyond reputePileDrive has a reputation beyond reputePileDrive has a reputation beyond reputePileDrive has a reputation beyond reputePileDrive has a reputation beyond reputePileDrive has a reputation beyond reputePileDrive has a reputation beyond reputePileDrive has a reputation beyond repute

Ranking Federer's missing out on USO'09 above Nadal's AO'14 : First (a) Delpotro wasn't a certified mental midget to be expected to roll over(b) Federer was healthy, so no what-if element (c) Delpotro was already getting close to notching a win vs. Federer evidenced by his RG'09 SF 5etter while Wawrinka couldn't sniff a set from Nadal in 12 meetings...Never has a major final been a NID affair only to change spectacularly like Wawrinka-Nadal did..
Old Yesterday, 07:30 PM   #6
country flag monfed

monfed has a reputation beyond reputemonfed has a reputation beyond reputemonfed has a reputation beyond reputemonfed has a reputation beyond reputemonfed has a reputation beyond reputemonfed has a reputation beyond reputemonfed has a reputation beyond reputemonfed has a reputation beyond reputemonfed has a reputation beyond reputemonfed has a reputation beyond reputemonfed has a reputation beyond repute

Fed squandered AO 09 but I can somewhat deal with it since Fed struggles against Nadal due to the matchup. But USO 09 hurts the most. I just cannot understand how he could've lost two tiebreakers against a slam virgin who he had beaten twice earlier in the year. Plus that 2nd set which he didn't close. What a waste.

Also AO 05, he was up 5-2 in the breaker against Safin and on serve with 2 sets to 1 lead. How on earth did he lose it from there? Safin wasn't spectacular in those points.

Quite frankly I'm not that hurt about USO 14 Cilic SF cause the latter was just unstoppable. I think Fed could've taken him to a 4th set if he'd played a bit better but Cilic would have to choke like crazy for Fed to steal it. The disappointing part is that Cilic had to play the match of his life in Roger's moment, I just wish he had arrived at USO 13 and derailed Nadal.

Wim 14 F hurts because Fed used wrong tactics to beat Nole. That match he really should've won the fifth, Nole was out of it esp in the early part of the 5th set and Fed failed to put his foot down on the pedal and just ride the momentum. Fed was playing to survive than to win the match, that's what it felt like the whole time.
monfed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:45 PM   #7
country flag PileDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by monfed View Post
Fed squandered AO 09 but I can somewhat deal with it since Fed struggles against Nadal due to the matchup. But USO 09 hurts the most..
I just still can't fathom why Fedfans hope that AO'09 Final should be reversed-- and against Nadal,no less He never led in that match and was dominated 6-2 in the fifth without seeing any opportunity to turn the tide of the match in the decider...And yet, they act ruined like Djokovic fans for RG'13 SF or Nadal for AO'12 F where both Rafa and Nole had genuine chances to win their matches but for a single potential costly lapse..
Old Yesterday, 08:05 PM   #8
country flag Moulin Rouge

Moulin Rouge has a reputation beyond reputeMoulin Rouge has a reputation beyond reputeMoulin Rouge has a reputation beyond reputeMoulin Rouge has a reputation beyond reputeMoulin Rouge has a reputation beyond reputeMoulin Rouge has a reputation beyond reputeMoulin Rouge has a reputation beyond reputeMoulin Rouge has a reputation beyond reputeMoulin Rouge has a reputation beyond reputeMoulin Rouge has a reputation beyond reputeMoulin Rouge has a reputation beyond repute

AO 14 final is the biggest victory tennis ever had.

Tennis orgasm.
Moulin Rouge is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:35 PM   #9
country flag Mountaindewslave

Mountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond repute

yawn who cares, what happened happened- anyone can make an equal case that another player stepped up to TAKE THE TITLE rather than these top players 'squandering' opportunities

even a case like Wawrinka 2014 AO final- sure it sucks Nadal wasn't feeling his best or whatever, but how is not being physically healthy or not playing your best 'squandering' something? that's just part of the sport and happens on a daily schedule, players not doing their best

I mean its laughable to see something like AO 2005 final on here, a match which is legendary (Fed/Saf SF) for its quality and for the fact that Safin was going for his shots and stepping up. to imply a match like that or really any of these are soley the result of the top guys choking is lame and immature

------------------------ <3 Richard Gasquet <3

Rafael Nadal
Mountaindewslave is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:43 PM   #10
country flag PileDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaindewslave View Post
yawn who cares, what happened happened- anyone can make an equal case that another player stepped up to TAKE THE TITLE rather than these top players 'squandering' opportunities

even a case like Wawrinka 2014 AO final- sure it sucks Nadal wasn't feeling his best or whatever, but how is not being physically healthy or not playing your best 'squandering' something? that's just part of the sport and happens on a daily schedule, players not doing their best

I mean its laughable to see something like AO 2005 final on here, a match which is legendary (Fed/Saf SF) for its quality and for the fact that Safin was going for his shots and stepping up. to imply a match like that or really any of these are soley the result of the top guys choking is lame and immature
Getting to a match point for a player with Federer stature in Slam SF and than proceeding to lose the match is something to shrug off like a normal happening, right? Nobody said Federer choked if you cared to read and instead of jump-reply to a topic
Old Yesterday, 08:59 PM   #11
country flag Matt01

Matt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond repute

This thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RForehand View Post
Rg 2009

Fixed
Old Yesterday, 10:23 PM   #12
BIGMARAT

BIGMARAT has a reputation beyond reputeBIGMARAT has a reputation beyond reputeBIGMARAT has a reputation beyond reputeBIGMARAT has a reputation beyond reputeBIGMARAT has a reputation beyond reputeBIGMARAT has a reputation beyond reputeBIGMARAT has a reputation beyond reputeBIGMARAT has a reputation beyond reputeBIGMARAT has a reputation beyond reputeBIGMARAT has a reputation beyond reputeBIGMARAT has a reputation beyond repute

US Open 2012. If it were'nt windy at all, Nole could have trash Murray in straight sets.
BIGMARAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:28 PM   #13
country flag nole_no1

nole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PileDrive View Post

1- AO'14: Winner: Wawrinka.. How/Who missed it: Nadal or his body

3- USO'12: Winner: Murray.. How/Who missed it: No Nadal…

4- USO'14: Winner: Cilic How/Who missed it: No Nadal…

5- W'13: Winner: Murray How/Who missed it: Nadal

HIST9RY
nole_no1 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:57 AM   #14
country flag Troll Hunter

Troll Hunter has a reputation beyond reputeTroll Hunter has a reputation beyond reputeTroll Hunter has a reputation beyond reputeTroll Hunter has a reputation beyond reputeTroll Hunter has a reputation beyond reputeTroll Hunter has a reputation beyond reputeTroll Hunter has a reputation beyond reputeTroll Hunter has a reputation beyond reputeTroll Hunter has a reputation beyond reputeTroll Hunter has a reputation beyond reputeTroll Hunter has a reputation beyond repute

Novak Djokovic

This is a Fedtard free zone, never go full Fedtard
Troll Hunter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:50 AM   #15
country flag RedHotRafa49

RedHotRafa49 has a reputation beyond reputeRedHotRafa49 has a reputation beyond reputeRedHotRafa49 has a reputation beyond reputeRedHotRafa49 has a reputation beyond reputeRedHotRafa49 has a reputation beyond reputeRedHotRafa49 has a reputation beyond reputeRedHotRafa49 has a reputation beyond reputeRedHotRafa49 has a reputation beyond reputeRedHotRafa49 has a reputation beyond reputeRedHotRafa49 has a reputation beyond reputeRedHotRafa49 has a reputation beyond repute

1. Us Open 2009 (Federer to Delpo)
2. Us Open 2014 (Djokovic to Nishikori)
3. Us Open 2012 (Djokovic to Murray)

2013 Wimbledon was earned fairly by Murray
2005 AO was GOATed by Safin
2014 AO is non-applicable because Nadal was injured in the final.
141 Weeks #1, Record 27 Masters, Olympic Gold Medal 64 Titles And Counting
Roger Federer: 23-10 Novak Djokovic: 23-19 Andy Murray: 15-5
Tomas Berdych
Grigor Dimitrov Jo-Wilfried Tsonga
Juan Martín del Potro, Jerzy Janowicz, Ernests Gulbis, Gael Monfils, Borna Coric
RedHotRafa49 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote