U.S. Open SF: (1) B.Bryan/M.Bryan def. Lipsky/R.Ram 6-4 4-6 6-3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-04-2014, 06:06 PM   #1
country flag lupojohn

lupojohn has a reputation beyond reputelupojohn has a reputation beyond reputelupojohn has a reputation beyond reputelupojohn has a reputation beyond reputelupojohn has a reputation beyond reputelupojohn has a reputation beyond reputelupojohn has a reputation beyond reputelupojohn has a reputation beyond reputelupojohn has a reputation beyond reputelupojohn has a reputation beyond reputelupojohn has a reputation beyond repute
Default U.S. Open SF: (1) B.Bryan/M.Bryan def. Lipsky/R.Ram 6-4 4-6 6-3

Credit to Scott and Rajeev for making this competitive, but the outcome was never in doubt. One more to go for 100 and I will be in attendance to witness history.

Last edited by lupojohn : 09-04-2014 at 06:08 PM.
lupojohn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2014, 06:09 PM   #2
country flag KaiserT
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

KaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: U.S. Open SF: (1) B.Bryan/M.Bryan def. Lipsky/R.Ram 6-4 4-6 6-3

Never in doubt?

The Bryans played like shit and lucked out largely due to ridiculous choking on big points.
KaiserT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 06:09 PM   #3
country flag emotion
Racquet smash enthusiast

emotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond repute

Lipsky singlehandedly decided this match, missed easy forehand to break and then broke himself with awful UEs the next game, ten foot long DF on break point. Feel bad for Ram, this was decided by his partner choking

Robredo, Matosevic, Estrella, Dolgopolov, Hanescu, Kukushkin, Chiudinelli, Gulbis, Rosol, Bozoljac, Gabashvili, Hernych, Starace, Stakhovsky, Brown, Garcia-Lopez, Zeballos, Herbert, Istomin, Kohlschreiber, Tursunov, Robert, Monaco, Djokovic, Gonzalez, Thiem
emotion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 06:13 PM   #4
country flag lupojohn

lupojohn has a reputation beyond reputelupojohn has a reputation beyond reputelupojohn has a reputation beyond reputelupojohn has a reputation beyond reputelupojohn has a reputation beyond reputelupojohn has a reputation beyond reputelupojohn has a reputation beyond reputelupojohn has a reputation beyond reputelupojohn has a reputation beyond reputelupojohn has a reputation beyond reputelupojohn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiserT View Post
Never in doubt?

The Bryans played like shit and lucked out largely due to ridiculous choking on big points.
Did you ever think they would actually lose? Much like the last match(which I was at), once they saved those break points at 15-40, with the weaker of the 2 serving(Marrero last match, Lipsky here), you knew the break was coming.
Old 09-04-2014, 06:22 PM   #5
country flag KaiserT
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

KaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lupojohn View Post
Did you ever think they would actually lose? Much like the last match(which I was at), once they saved those break points at 15-40, with the weaker of the 2 serving(Marrero last match, Lipsky here), you knew the break was coming.
I expected the collapse after the missed opportunities. That's not the same as never doubting the Bryans would win.
KaiserT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 06:23 PM   #6
country flag kaustav4

kaustav4 has a reputation beyond reputekaustav4 has a reputation beyond reputekaustav4 has a reputation beyond reputekaustav4 has a reputation beyond reputekaustav4 has a reputation beyond reputekaustav4 has a reputation beyond reputekaustav4 has a reputation beyond reputekaustav4 has a reputation beyond reputekaustav4 has a reputation beyond reputekaustav4 has a reputation beyond reputekaustav4 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Lupojohn my friend...Please do not get into any kind of argument like last year US Open thread...Bob and Mike won and you will at the attendance in the final..Great moment and enjoy the same...

Cheers buddy
kaustav4 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 06:25 PM   #7
country flag kaustav4

kaustav4 has a reputation beyond reputekaustav4 has a reputation beyond reputekaustav4 has a reputation beyond reputekaustav4 has a reputation beyond reputekaustav4 has a reputation beyond reputekaustav4 has a reputation beyond reputekaustav4 has a reputation beyond reputekaustav4 has a reputation beyond reputekaustav4 has a reputation beyond reputekaustav4 has a reputation beyond reputekaustav4 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiserT View Post
I expected the collapse after the missed opportunities. That's not the same as never doubting the Bryans would win.
Well Lipsky and Ram was ordinary after 15-40 , 2-2 they deserve to lose...For the Twins as always the opponents choked at the crucial juncture...
Old 09-04-2014, 06:28 PM   #8
country flag lupojohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaustav4 View Post
Lupojohn my friend...Please do not get into any kind of argument like last year US Open thread...Bob and Mike won and you will at the attendance in the final..Great moment and enjoy the same...

Cheers buddy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaustav4 View Post
For the Twins as always the opponents choked at the crucial juncture...
Isn't that what this kinda is?

Anyhow, thanks. I will definitely enjoy the final and the moment
Old 09-04-2014, 06:32 PM   #9
country flag Chris Kuerten

Chris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond repute

The one time I watch doubles I see someone (Lipsky) heavily choking against the Bryans, that can't be a coincidence.
Ruben Ramirez was in a hotel in Rio Preto Brasil last year when his doubles partner Ferreiro decided to go see the night in the city. He opened his arms widely and said: que pasa man? we have match tomorrow.

Legend.
Quote:
“Some players say to me, ‘Why are you still playing?’ ” Ramirez Hidalgo said. “I still play because tennis is my life. Tennis gives me everything, more than I dreamed when I was young.”
Chris Kuerten is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 06:33 PM   #10
country flag kaustav4

Quote:
Isn't that what this kinda is?

Anyhow, thanks. I will definitely enjoy the final and the moment
Well actually pulling your leg..I know you are in good mood :P
Old 09-04-2014, 07:17 PM   #11
country flag Pratik

Pratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond repute

It was only a question of when they reach 100, not if. Most people thought that they would do it before USO, but then they went titleless for 4 months. Reaching 100 at a home slam would be really amazing. (They probably tanked all those matches for this )

@ lupojohn: Enjoy it
The stadium better be packed for this.
Pratik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 09:22 PM   #12
country flag Master Ace

Master Ace has a reputation beyond reputeMaster Ace has a reputation beyond reputeMaster Ace has a reputation beyond reputeMaster Ace has a reputation beyond reputeMaster Ace has a reputation beyond reputeMaster Ace has a reputation beyond reputeMaster Ace has a reputation beyond reputeMaster Ace has a reputation beyond reputeMaster Ace has a reputation beyond reputeMaster Ace has a reputation beyond reputeMaster Ace has a reputation beyond repute

Also, Lipsky made a DF on set point in first set. Lipsky made errors at critical points of the match.
Master Ace is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 05:49 PM   #13
country flag lupojohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratik View Post
@ lupojohn: Enjoy it
The stadium better be packed for this.
Thank you, friend I imagine the stadium will be packed considering the women's final is after and Bob and Mike going for #100. Will definitely enjoy it.