Australian Open averts player boycott with increased prizemoney - Page 9 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-25-2012, 01:44 AM   #121
country flag Topspindoctor
Banned!

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Players threaten to boycott the AO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobs View Post
No they are not slaves. They are people following their passion, doing what they love, trying to make their dreams come true. So they should be forced to quit unless they happen to be top 70 material, or are lucky to have another outside source of income to cover their shortfall? Ridiculous. Oh, and billions are starving? Yes they are. That's a wonderfully irrelevant argument that can be applied to anything.
Yes. Nobody will miss them. In fact, tennis would be better off without whiny self-entitled bitches like Shitkhovsky.

"I managed to bullshit my way to #31 in the world one time and won some MM titles, I should have a mansion and drive a ferrari...waaah"
Topspindoctor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2012, 01:47 AM   #122
country flag Nole fan
The new era of SuperNovak

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looner View Post
If the forum used gmail's spam filter, your posts would automatically go to the bin.
Are you on the period? You seem bitchier than ever.

Either you get him or you don't.

Novak Djokovic nº1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 02:08 AM   #123
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole fan View Post
Are you on the period? You seem bitchier than ever.
Mind your language, dear or No2e might not wink at you next time you fangirl over him .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
Yes. Nobody will miss them. In fact, tennis would be better off without whiny self-entitled bitches like Shitkhovsky.

"I managed to bullshit my way to #31 in the world one time and won some MM titles, I should have a mansion and drive a ferrari...waaah"
Yup, let's do away with everyone bar the top 10. Then we can enjoy the time of Laver yet again.

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

On winning DC and its overall importance in the discussion for all-time greats
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orbis View Post
Davis Cup should never have really mattered in the GOAT discussion anyway since it's a team event. If you're talking about the GOAT singles player then you should mainly look at individual results.
If some unknown talent came out of some random tiny country (no chance to win DC) and won 20 slams, no one would give a single shit if that player didn't have DC. The fact is, success in DC is largely determined by what country you come from or play for in the first place, which most players haven't had any control over.
Looner is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 02:17 AM   #124
Banned!

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yup, let's do away with everyone bar the top 10. Then we can enjoy the time of Laver yet again.
That's not the point of the whole at all, dude. Scoobs was suggesting that these players are entitled to do what they love... Well if I was doing what I loved it would be fucking super models all day, getting drunk and playing video games. Real life doesn't work like that, though. Tennis is a sport where only top dogs have everything. Guys who are bitching about it can either improve their game and become top dogs, change their career or shut the fuck up.

The very fact that a useless journeyman like Stakhovsky complained about not being able to drive a Ferrari because he managed to reach a couple of 3rd rounds is slams is downright offensive to guys like me who actually went to university and are sitting on an average salary, doing things we do not enjoy because it's reqiured. Honestly, the guy can go screw himself. If it were up to me, I'd ban his whiny ass from AO, he's a clown of the highest order.
Old 08-25-2012, 02:37 AM   #125
country flag Smoke944

Smoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That's not the point of the whole at all, dude. Scoobs was suggesting that these players are entitled to do what they love... Well if I was doing what I loved it would be fucking super models all day, getting drunk and playing video games. Real life doesn't work like that, though. Tennis is a sport where only top dogs have everything. Guys who are bitching about it can either improve their game and become top dogs, change their career or shut the fuck up. If it were up to me, I'd ban his whiny ass from AO, he's a clown of the highest order.

The very fact that a useless journeyman like Stakhovsky complained about not being able to drive a Ferrari because he managed to reach a couple of 3rd rounds is slams is downright offensive to guys like me who actually went to university and are sitting on an average salary, doing things we do not enjoy because it's reqiured. Honestly, the guy can go screw himself.
Here's the difference. You're... not even remotely good at anything. Sergiy Stakhovsky, on the other hand, has been undeniably one of the best fifty players in a sport that is global and very lucrative. And financially he doesn't have that much to show for it. Now you can call him spoiled all you want, but the bottom line is that there exists much more money that players of his quality could be getting, instead of some useless suits. And most sensible people don't blame him or other players for wanting to maximize their earnings.

As for the second part, well that's your fault for a variety of reasons that I'm sure you can understand. If you wanted a better salary you should have played video games less and studied more to go to a better school, or picked a career with better pay. And if you don't like your career you obviously didn't choose wisely.
Smoke944 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 02:38 AM   #126
country flag GOATsol

GOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond repute

Stak is a mug, agreed tdoc.
Old 08-25-2012, 02:51 AM   #127
country flag pray-for-palestine-and-israel

pray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The very fact that a useless journeyman like Stakhovsky complained about not being able to drive a Ferrari because he managed to reach a couple of 3rd rounds is slams is downright offensive to guys like me who actually went to university and are sitting on an average salary, doing things we do not enjoy because it's reqiured. Honestly, the guy can go screw himself. If it were up to me, I'd ban his whiny ass from AO, he's a clown of the highest order.

you wouldnt win a game off him
WTF do you get off comparing yourself to him?

these are world class athletes- yes on MTF this means they are mugs if they dont win a slam but in REAL life- getting past round one of a slam if a fucking real achivement- it means you put years of hard work into the sport

MTF makes out winning a MM tourney as a BAD THING
he fucking won a world class tournament with world class athletes and he's treated like shit on this forum

this site is the most elitest bunch of fucktards around

if you're not the top 4 you're basically no one here

right now if my future children showed promise at tennis
NO WAY WOULD I ENCOURAGE IT- because the risks outweight the rewards
if the ATP fed the 50-300 ranked players and let them make a living out of tennis i would have been on tour myself and so would my children
Old 08-25-2012, 02:58 AM   #128
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Still can't believe people for T-Doc's schtick. It's the same lines repeated all the time anyone outside of Nadal or Djokovic is a mug. Then again why change the bait if you can catch fish with the stuff you are using.

The strike it's just some brinkmanship they'll end up agreeing to a compromise.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 03:15 AM   #129
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pray-for-palestine-and-israel View Post
you wouldnt win a game off him
WTF do you get off comparing yourself to him?
I am not a pro tennis player, mate. And I am certainly not comparing myself to him. Doing so would be insulting to me.

Quote:
these are world class athletes- yes on MTF this means they are mugs if they dont win a slam but in REAL life- getting past round one of a slam if a fucking real achivement- it means you put years of hard work into the sport
Agreed. However, this sport decrees that players like Stakhovsky do not deserve the amount of money that this guy thinks he deserves...he can always go play golf But of course that would conflict with the whole "playing the sport for the love of it" bullshit he is spewing, despite being just another guy out to make a buck.

Quote:
MTF makes out winning a MM tourney as a BAD THING
he fucking won a world class tournament with world class athletes and he's treated like shit on this forum
Once again, it's not MTF that decides his salary. It's the sponsors, organizers and fans who vote with their wallets. I am sorry, but I would not pay my hard earned money to go see a final with a couple of journeymen. Public cares more about Federer, Nadal, Djokovic. Even WTA players like Sharapova, Williams, Clijsters will easily get a top spot over a scrub like him.

Quote:

this site is the most elitest bunch of fucktards around
Incorrect, MTF is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. It's the public and sponsors that decide... And someone like Stakhovsky has not enough draw power to even outdo an average top 10 WTA player. Thus he gets paid less. Tennis is an elitist sport. You are either everything or you are nothing

Quote:
if you're not the top 4 you're basically no one here
Correct. You may not like it, but it's the truth. The top 4 are there because they win slams, masters and destroy pretty much everyone. People want to see winners, not useless scrubs. Sorry if that offends your sensibilities

Quote:
right now if my future children showed promise at tennis
NO WAY WOULD I ENCOURAGE IT- because the risks outweight the rewards
if the ATP fed the 50-300 ranked players and let them make a living out of tennis i would have been on tour myself and so would my children
I agree.
Old 08-25-2012, 12:24 PM   #130
country flag Nole fan
The new era of SuperNovak

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute

Great post Tops.

Either you get him or you don't.

Novak Djokovic nº1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 12:34 PM   #131
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
Still can't believe people for T-Doc's schtick. It's the same lines repeated all the time anyone outside of Nadal or Djokovic is a mug. Then again why change the bait if you can catch fish with the stuff you are using.

The strike it's just some brinkmanship they'll end up agreeing to a compromise.
I stopped taking his bait after I read 10 of his posts. I now never take him seriously outside of the few occasions where he comments on his love for Roger .

Quote:
Davis Cup should never have really mattered in the GOAT discussion anyway since it's a team event. If you're talking about the GOAT singles player then you should mainly look at individual results.
If some unknown talent came out of some random tiny country (no chance to win DC) and won 20 slams, no one would give a single shit if that player didn't have DC. The fact is, success in DC is largely determined by what country you come from or play for in the first place, which most players haven't had any control over.
Old 08-25-2012, 12:37 PM   #132
country flag Juz78

Juz78 has a reputation beyond reputeJuz78 has a reputation beyond reputeJuz78 has a reputation beyond reputeJuz78 has a reputation beyond reputeJuz78 has a reputation beyond reputeJuz78 has a reputation beyond reputeJuz78 has a reputation beyond reputeJuz78 has a reputation beyond reputeJuz78 has a reputation beyond reputeJuz78 has a reputation beyond reputeJuz78 has a reputation beyond repute

Sadly what a lot of these mouthy MTF posters fail to realise is that there would have been hundreds of Federers/Nadals/Noles/Murrays that did not make it simply because they didn't have enough money to get there... for me that is a tragedy.

If there is a way for more money to filter down to the up and comings, then great. It would only lead to better/tougher competition. The sport and fans would benefit like nothing before.
Juz78 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 12:41 PM   #133
country flag Looner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juz78 View Post
Sadly what a lot of these mouthy MTF posters fail to realise is that there would have been hundreds of Federers/Nadals/Noles/Murrays that did not make it simply because they didn't have enough money to get there... for me that is a tragedy.

If there is a way for more money to filter down to the up and comings, then great. It would only lead to better/tougher competition. The sport and fans would benefit like nothing before.
Great post, especially the bolded .

Quote:
Old 08-25-2012, 12:55 PM   #134
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juz78 View Post

Too much commonsense there for most of these gloryhunters who think that the top guys were automatically there without having to go through the Futures and Challs. Yes, while tennis is not as exclusive as it used to be, it's still fairly expensive when it comes to start up costs and to make that breakthrough to the next level isn't easy nor should it be. The problem as you said there are many talents who haven't been able to make it due to financial constraints. The thing is the top of the pile have too much of the pie, it's not about subsidising mediocrity which you understand.

All the various stages need to be healthy. ITF has plenty of cash they could increase Futures to 20 or 25K, yet still have plenty left over and the Challengers haven't increased cash since the 1980s.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 03:49 PM   #135
country flag MrChopin

MrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It is rumoured that Roger Federer, Player Council president, wasn't partial to declaring an all-out war on the four Grand Slams. Rafael Nadal instead is one of the biggest supporters of the fight, but he resigned from the Players Council earlier this year suggesting that Federer wasn't taking a clear stance on the issue. Is it because he is too polite? Is it because he is following the Swiss tradition of neutrality? Is it because he earns a lot anyway? There has been a lot of speculation as to why, but not much evidence.
$200 that the article's author is T. Nadal or an MTF Noletroll.

What a joke of an article. It spends 3 paragraphs speculating on why Federer, who loves playing tennis arguably as much as anyone, is opposed to an aggressive move like boycotting the AO. In this character assassination, it goes as far as to speculate that his reluctance stems from his nationality--not only logically weak (historical Swiss diplomacy = Fed's approach to any conflict), but extremely anti-nationalist towards Switzerland.

Fuck this rubbish.
Originally Posted by Start da Game View Post
Nadal will be fine by australian open......
You're like a living unforced error.
MrChopin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote