If Murray wins the fourth, and then the fifth set tomorrow, it will be... - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-05-2015, 10:17 PM   #1
country flag nikolaaaa

nikolaaaa has a reputation beyond reputenikolaaaa has a reputation beyond reputenikolaaaa has a reputation beyond reputenikolaaaa has a reputation beyond reputenikolaaaa has a reputation beyond reputenikolaaaa has a reputation beyond reputenikolaaaa has a reputation beyond reputenikolaaaa has a reputation beyond reputenikolaaaa has a reputation beyond reputenikolaaaa has a reputation beyond reputenikolaaaa has a reputation beyond repute
Default If Murray wins the fourth, and then the fifth set tomorrow, it will be...

...the biggest achievement in the history of tennis. Murray needs the complete opposite start of the today's match (practically to win the first 2 sets), and to make that difference, he has the span of just one day. I'm not going into the debate of who gains more from the break, but tomorrow Murray needs to win 2:0 against the best player in the world, and against the player who's unbeaten in 27 matches. From that point of view, Murray probably had better (whatever slim they were) chances if the match wasn't delayed. There's only one favorable thing going on for him - whenever he won against Djokovic in "best of 3", it was 2:0.
nikolaaaa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2015, 10:20 PM   #2
country flag ogbg

ogbg has a reputation beyond reputeogbg has a reputation beyond reputeogbg has a reputation beyond reputeogbg has a reputation beyond reputeogbg has a reputation beyond reputeogbg has a reputation beyond reputeogbg has a reputation beyond reputeogbg has a reputation beyond reputeogbg has a reputation beyond reputeogbg has a reputation beyond reputeogbg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If Murray wins the fourth, and then the fifth set tomorrow, it will be...

He only needs to win 1.5-0. I can think of a few matches where Murray 'won' the first set and a half against Djokovic. Still unlikely but more chance than he had if they stayed on today I think.
ogbg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 10:22 PM   #3
country flag james_von05

james_von05 has a reputation beyond reputejames_von05 has a reputation beyond reputejames_von05 has a reputation beyond reputejames_von05 has a reputation beyond reputejames_von05 has a reputation beyond reputejames_von05 has a reputation beyond reputejames_von05 has a reputation beyond reputejames_von05 has a reputation beyond reputejames_von05 has a reputation beyond reputejames_von05 has a reputation beyond reputejames_von05 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If Murray wins the fourth, and then the fifth set tomorrow, it will be...

believe and believe... it will happen.
james_von05 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 10:25 PM   #4
country flag HafaK

HafaK has a reputation beyond reputeHafaK has a reputation beyond reputeHafaK has a reputation beyond reputeHafaK has a reputation beyond reputeHafaK has a reputation beyond reputeHafaK has a reputation beyond reputeHafaK has a reputation beyond reputeHafaK has a reputation beyond reputeHafaK has a reputation beyond reputeHafaK has a reputation beyond reputeHafaK has a reputation beyond repute

I think the match is a little like Coria vs Gadio 2004 final, Coria blasted off the first two sets, then got an injury. Giving Nole benefit of doubt for the MTO, he may have a groin problem developed in earlier rounds, and Murray came back, winning most of long rallies, Nole seems weak in legs and shots clipping the net.
HafaK is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 10:26 PM   #5
country flag cmchelsea

cmchelsea has a reputation beyond reputecmchelsea has a reputation beyond reputecmchelsea has a reputation beyond reputecmchelsea has a reputation beyond reputecmchelsea has a reputation beyond reputecmchelsea has a reputation beyond reputecmchelsea has a reputation beyond reputecmchelsea has a reputation beyond reputecmchelsea has a reputation beyond reputecmchelsea has a reputation beyond reputecmchelsea has a reputation beyond repute

It will either be something like 9-7 or 10-8 to murray or 6-0 to novak
cmchelsea is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 10:27 PM   #6
country flag Drusilla
Witch of the North

Drusilla has a reputation beyond reputeDrusilla has a reputation beyond reputeDrusilla has a reputation beyond reputeDrusilla has a reputation beyond reputeDrusilla has a reputation beyond reputeDrusilla has a reputation beyond reputeDrusilla has a reputation beyond reputeDrusilla has a reputation beyond reputeDrusilla has a reputation beyond reputeDrusilla has a reputation beyond reputeDrusilla has a reputation beyond repute

Murray is a tactician and manipulator in his style. A chameleon player almost...that's his unique quality. No top player changes his game more than Murray to suit an opponent. He plays completely differently depending on situation - I'm bemused peeps more 'expert' than me on MTF don't acknowledge this as his uber quality.

His game improves as he figures out a style and combats it..unless it takes him too long or he runs out of gas.

It's on a match to match basis though...fitness aside (and perhaps Murray was gassed I don't know) for a player like Murray, IMO, any break in a game is bad due to his style.

Last edited by Drusilla : 06-05-2015 at 10:29 PM.
Drusilla is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 10:47 PM   #7
country flag M.Bison

M.Bison has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bison has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bison has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bison has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bison has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bison has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bison has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bison has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bison has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bison has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bison has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drusilla View Post
Murray is a tactician and manipulator in his style. A chameleon player almost...that's his unique quality. No top player changes his game more than Murray to suit an opponent. He plays completely differently depending on situation - I'm bemused peeps more 'expert' than me on MTF don't acknowledge this as his uber quality.

His game improves as he figures out a style and combats it..unless it takes him too long or he runs out of gas.

It's on a match to match basis though...fitness aside (and perhaps Murray was gassed I don't know) for a player like Murray, IMO, any break in a game is bad due to his style.
There are only two styles according to mtf - pusher or talented shotmaker.
M.Bison is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 10:49 PM   #8
country flag JoWilly

JoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond repute

Considering Novak should have won in 3 and missed many BP chances, it will go down as one of the biggest chokes and missed opportunities ever. Djoker might never recover from this.

DJOKOVIC

FEDERER
DEL PO-DIMITROV-MURRAY-WAWRINKA-GASQUET-JANOWICZ-BERDYCH

TENNIS MUG- NADAL= Excuses, bending the rules, fluke 2010, weak clay field, classless celebrations, lucky draws, first player to lose 3 consecutive GS finals to the same man, 3 consecutive losses to players ranked outside 100 at Wimbledon including injured Darcis, only beats injured or UE strewn Djoko or Fed, embarrassed by Stronga. VAMOS!
JoWilly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 10:54 PM   #9
country flag MTwEeZi

MTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikolaaaa View Post
...the biggest achievement in the history of tennis.
Beating a 0 time RG champion. No. It would be tremendous for his confidence (and terrible for Djokovic's) though.

Nadal + Fedull = Nadull
Muger + Murray = Mugray
Fakerer + Djokovic = Fakervic

The Great Exposures of the Open Era
Muger Fedull: An Overpriced Haircut and Marketing
NOTHING MORE
MTwEeZi is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 11:57 PM   #10
country flag swordsman

swordsman has a reputation beyond reputeswordsman has a reputation beyond reputeswordsman has a reputation beyond reputeswordsman has a reputation beyond reputeswordsman has a reputation beyond reputeswordsman has a reputation beyond reputeswordsman has a reputation beyond reputeswordsman has a reputation beyond reputeswordsman has a reputation beyond reputeswordsman has a reputation beyond reputeswordsman has a reputation beyond repute

Murray winning would ruin Djokovic mentally. It might set him on the same path as Federer post-2009.
swordsman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 12:04 AM   #11
country flag BackhandDTL

BackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond repute

The idea of a shorter match being more achievable for him is offset by the fact that he faces an uphill situation from the first point tomorrow, and that he is typically a very slow starter.
- Thierry on Jack Sock's forehand.
BackhandDTL is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 12:05 AM   #12
country flag Gliese581

Gliese581 has a reputation beyond reputeGliese581 has a reputation beyond reputeGliese581 has a reputation beyond reputeGliese581 has a reputation beyond reputeGliese581 has a reputation beyond reputeGliese581 has a reputation beyond reputeGliese581 has a reputation beyond reputeGliese581 has a reputation beyond reputeGliese581 has a reputation beyond reputeGliese581 has a reputation beyond reputeGliese581 has a reputation beyond repute

greatest accomplishment in the history of tennis? lol, talk about an overstatement.
Gliese581 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 12:06 AM   #13
country flag Thierry Champion

Thierry Champion has a reputation beyond reputeThierry Champion has a reputation beyond reputeThierry Champion has a reputation beyond reputeThierry Champion has a reputation beyond reputeThierry Champion has a reputation beyond reputeThierry Champion has a reputation beyond reputeThierry Champion has a reputation beyond reputeThierry Champion has a reputation beyond reputeThierry Champion has a reputation beyond reputeThierry Champion has a reputation beyond reputeThierry Champion has a reputation beyond repute

Murray at 60% almost beat Djokovic today, he only needs to be at 80% tomorrow.
Thierry Champion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 12:09 AM   #14
country flag BackhandDTL

BackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gliese581 View Post
greatest accomplishment in the history of tennis? lol, talk about an overstatement.
On MTF that is actually a more mild claim.
- Thierry on Jack Sock's forehand.
BackhandDTL is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 07:18 AM   #15
country flag PerfectAce753

PerfectAce753 has a reputation beyond reputePerfectAce753 has a reputation beyond reputePerfectAce753 has a reputation beyond reputePerfectAce753 has a reputation beyond reputePerfectAce753 has a reputation beyond reputePerfectAce753 has a reputation beyond reputePerfectAce753 has a reputation beyond reputePerfectAce753 has a reputation beyond reputePerfectAce753 has a reputation beyond reputePerfectAce753 has a reputation beyond reputePerfectAce753 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thierry Champion View Post
Murray at 60% almost beat Djokovic today, he only needs to be at 80% tomorrow.
Being 2 sets to 1 down constitutes as almost beating an opponent now. Huh, good to know.

MONFILS | HEWITT | PHILIPPOUSSIS
NALBANDIAN | NISHIKORI

PAIRE | GROSJEAN | TSONGA | GONZALEZ

ANCIC | IVANISEVIC | KYRGIOS | TOMIC | KOKKINAKIS | CILIC | BERDYCH | BLAKE | DOLGOPOLOV
PerfectAce753 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote