LTA Ratings/ranking/progression/pro - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-08-2015, 04:54 PM   #1
country flag The Maestro

The Maestro is on a distinguished road
Default LTA Ratings/ranking/progression/pro

Hi,I'd like to know how do you turn pro in the UK?
Say I'm a 10.2 junior(14-16)and want to be a pro,what do you do and what's the best way?
I can't find info on this and how to progress to national level.(1.1)
Please can anyone help?
The Maestro is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2015, 08:19 PM   #2
country flag Mr.Cool

Mr.Cool has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Cool has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Cool has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Cool has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Cool has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Cool has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Cool has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Cool has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Cool has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Cool has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Cool has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LTA Ratings/ranking/progression/pro

As harsh as it sounds it's way too late to become a Pro at 14-16 y old, or to be more precise to have any chance to become a pro if you haven't been training since 5-6 and got a coach etc. But if you want to try enter some tournaments at least.

Last edited by Mr.Cool : 06-08-2015 at 08:21 PM.
Mr.Cool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 11:42 AM   #3
country flag Super Djoker

Super Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond repute

Well you can increase your rating by entering tournaments threw a British Tennis membership. I already have a thread that is about ratings. So your welcome to add to that. ( this is not how you turn pro thought) some players actually have gone pro who started quite late. ( James Ward started playing at 11) there are a couple of players that started at about 12 and managed to get ranked . There is also Taylor Dent who started at 10 and actually got pretty high. So I wouldn't say all hope is lost. Becoming a 1.1 does not nesiserily make you a pro. Just means you have a high rating. If you want to increase your rating enter a tournament on the LTA website. There are grades 1 threw to 5 . This should give you an idea of how good you are.

5 Australian Opens
3 Wimbledons
1 US Open
Super Djoker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 11:45 AM   #4
country flag Super Djoker

Super Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond repute

To actually turn Pro thought. If you've had a hell of a lot of coaching and played people of a good standard regularly and progressed a lot then maybe you can . How old are you and what age did you start playing ?

5 Australian Opens
3 Wimbledons
1 US Open
Super Djoker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 09:05 PM   #5
country flag NTRP 4.5

NTRP 4.5 has a reputation beyond reputeNTRP 4.5 has a reputation beyond reputeNTRP 4.5 has a reputation beyond reputeNTRP 4.5 has a reputation beyond reputeNTRP 4.5 has a reputation beyond reputeNTRP 4.5 has a reputation beyond reputeNTRP 4.5 has a reputation beyond reputeNTRP 4.5 has a reputation beyond reputeNTRP 4.5 has a reputation beyond reputeNTRP 4.5 has a reputation beyond reputeNTRP 4.5 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Maestro View Post
Hi,I'd like to know how do you turn pro in the UK?
Say I'm a 10.2 junior(14-16)and want to be a pro,what do you do and what's the best way?
I can't find info on this and how to progress to national level.(1.1)
Please can anyone help?
The talent even at the lowest level of pro tennis, satellites, futures, challenger etc. is pretty darn good and if you think that some of these guys have been playing these events for a few years and not even been able to sniff an ATP point...well that kinda tells you how tough the competition is. For you to progress thru the ranks to be able to compete at that modest level you'll need to work like a psycho and have truck loads of motivation ( and cash) and the unshakeable belief that one day you'll make it ( and by that I don't mean main ATP tour)its not impossible but its gonna be damned hard. Google Al Parker, an American 'phenom' who had all the talent one guy could have and couldn't make a dent in pro tennis.
NTRP 4.5 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote