Lance Armstrong finally banned for doping - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-24-2012, 04:45 PM   #106
country flag Purple Rainbow

Purple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lance Armstrong drops fight against US Anti-Doping Agency drug charges

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMnadal View Post
Uhm, yeah? If everybody doped, who cares? It's still so impressive what he did, it were different times. People are so focused on the word 'doping', and have made it into a witch-hunt, they value 'the rules' more than common sense. Just let the old legends be, it's guys like Armstrong that inspire kids of today to be able to do great things and start cycling. Not the guys in labcoats, who catch them because they took a forbidden substance (which all of his competitors took as well) and what for sure wasn't the only reason this man won 7 straight TDFs.

Now you destroy everything, you can't point out a winner because all the others were cheats as well. All you create now is a lot of black pages in the history books. Focus on today, right now the sport is clean (for sure there are dopers, but they seem to be outnumberd and are getting caught), now doping would give an unfair advantage. But back then? No.
Let me get this straight.. If you lie, cheat, bully, bribe and assault your way through cycling for a decade you're a role model to kids??

Why are you even on a sports forum?
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2012, 05:45 PM   #107
country flag Fujee

Fujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lance Armstrong drops fight against US Anti-Doping Agency drug charges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Har-Tru View Post
Are we to believe that Lance Armstrong, the ferocious, bloodthirsty Lance Armstrong, he who never gives up, decided to retreat and risk losing his most precious prizes knowing he is innocent?

Let's not fool ourselves. The only reason Armstrong has run away, tail between legs, is because he'd rather surrender than having his numerous and horrendous mischiefs exposed to the entire world.

And I'd say it's the best thing he could do. As it is, he won't fool any cycling fan who is reasonably informed about the matter, but he's managed to convince some of the casual fans and the broader population that he maybe, just maybe, is right and he's only the helpless victim of a global conspiracy.
Yes there is this but I also refute alot of the speculation around this case.

The governing body have been after him for years, and providing a virtual amnesty for other cyclists who may have doped in past tours, being allowed to get away with it without anyone finding out as long as they catch Armstrong just stinks of hipocrisy.

There has never been a concrete positive test sample, only speculation. Some of the blood they tested is now years old, the margin for error is substantial.

I don't know what to think about his innocence or not.

He's simply left it this way thus to be able to proclaim his innocence forever more and enable his charity to still collect large sums of money. Which is obviously as important to him as his titles, or more so.

He can't be bothered to spend his fortune fighting a case which is virtually settled the moment the hearing begins.

There will always be speculation. Regardless, it's a sad, sad day for cycling.
Genius is not replicable. Inspiration, though, is contagious, and multiform — and even just to see, close up, power and aggression made vulnerable to beauty is to feel inspired and (in a fleeting, mortal way) reconciled.

David Foster Wallace

Last edited by Fujee : 08-24-2012 at 05:59 PM.
Fujee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 06:08 PM   #108
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Rainbow View Post
Let me get this straight.. If you lie, cheat, bully, bribe and assault your way through cycling for a decade you're a role model to kids??

Why are you even on a sports forum?
He's a Dullfan . What can you expect? And then they say the presence of piggy is good for the game .

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

On beating weak era players in finals of slams
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Say what you want about Federer playing Baghdatis and Gonzo in AO finals... But at least he won them
On patriotism and the DC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crustaceok View Post
Barbados is in the same division as Spain. Unbelievable.
Looner is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 06:11 PM   #109
country flag Tommy_Vercetti

Tommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond repute

I think that the responses of many prove what is behind all of this: simple Anti-Americanism. The French don't care about their own riders who won and were certain dopers, they just hate that an American holds the record. And the various political bodies can declare the winner vacant or name a European doper like in 2006, but Armstrong won and no official declarations are going to change that. He passed all the hundreds of tests and if his results are invalid, than so is every winner in history by the same standard. That's the entire point they seem to be missing. If he was doping and passed the tests, then all of the tests for all of the riders are invalid and all of the results.

But much of this is his own fault. He should never have come back after his seventh and opened the door for the people trying to get press off him.
Old 08-24-2012, 06:13 PM   #110
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

What the hell were the USADA doing allowing Gatlin back into the Olympics? They can get Lance which is fair enough, but turn a blind eye to others.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 06:15 PM   #111
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy_Vercetti View Post
I think that the responses of many prove what is behind all of this: simple Anti-Americanism. The French don't care about their own riders who won and were certain dopers, they just hate that an American holds the record. And the various political bodies can declare the winner vacant or name a European doper like in 2006, but Armstrong won and no official declarations are going to change that. He passed all the hundreds of tests and if his results are invalid, than so is every winner in history by the same standard.

But much of this is his own fault. He should never have come back after his seventh and opened the door for the people trying to get press off him.
Where's the evidence of Pereiro's doping?
Old 08-24-2012, 06:17 PM   #112

Tommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond repute

Same evidence that Lance was. None, except all the accusations. That's the point, the evidence is accusations, not proof, so everyone is a doper who is accused.
Old 08-24-2012, 06:18 PM   #113
Banned!

Quote:
Same evidence that Lance was. None, except all the accusations. That's the point, the evidence is accusations, not proof, so everyone is a doper who is accused.
Tyler Hamilton not ring any bells?
Old 08-24-2012, 06:20 PM   #114
country flag Fujee

Fujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond repute

It would be foolish to think that by Lance having given up fighting the allegations, says anything about his innocence or not.

The whole case is corrupt.
Genius is not replicable. Inspiration, though, is contagious, and multiform — and even just to see, close up, power and aggression made vulnerable to beauty is to feel inspired and (in a fleeting, mortal way) reconciled.

David Foster Wallace
Fujee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 06:21 PM   #115

I don't understand the reference? What does Tyler Hamilton have to do with it?

You don't agree that if Armstrong's results are invalid, than so is the results of every rider from every race he participated in? If the results of his tests were not valid, then why would any others be?
Old 08-24-2012, 06:25 PM   #116
Banned!

Quote:
I don't understand the reference? What does Tyler Hamilton have to do with it?

You don't agree that if Armstrong's results are invalid, than so is the results of every rider from every race he participated in? If the results of his tests were not valid, then why would any others be?
Because Tyler Hamilton, one of his US Postal teammates, said he saw him use EPO.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/20/sp...nned-drug.html
Old 08-24-2012, 06:27 PM   #117

Yes. After he was caught doping he tried to throw dirt on others. But that has nothing to do with what we are talking about.

And I'd like an answer to the question. If Armstrong's test results are not valid, than explain why the test results of any other competitor should be?
Old 08-24-2012, 06:28 PM   #118

Purple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
Because Tyler Hamilton, one of his US Postal teammates, said he saw him use EPO.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/20/sp...nned-drug.html
Pretty much all his ex-teammates have apparently confessed to systematic doping use at US Postal.

Why is nobody applauding USADA for uncovering a doping network that makes Festina and T-Mobile look like childs play?
Old 08-24-2012, 06:33 PM   #119

Quote:
Yes. After he was caught doping he tried to throw dirt on others. But that has nothing to do with what we are talking about.

And I'd like an answer to the question. If Armstrong's test results are not valid, than explain why the test results of any other competitor should be?
Answer this.. why have Pantani, Ullrich and Riis, all Tour winners, never tested positive despite receiving suspensions and/or admitting doping use?

Doping controls are obviously a joke and most cyclists are suspended because of indirect evidence. None has had such an intimate connection with a known doping doctor (Ferrari) as Armstrong had, and none had his entire team confessing against them.
Old 08-24-2012, 06:36 PM   #120
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
What the hell were the USADA doing allowing Gatlin back into the Olympics? They can get Lance which is fair enough, but turn a blind eye to others.
I think his 4-year (2nd offence) ban was decided upon before they changed the rules. He was in fact caught 3 times but the second time he was let off. Gatlin does seem to be out of place in an officially clean sport such as the sprints right now.

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

On beating weak era players in finals of slams
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Say what you want about Federer playing Baghdatis and Gonzo in AO finals... But at least he won them
On patriotism and the DC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crustaceok View Post
Barbados is in the same division as Spain. Unbelievable.

Last edited by Looner : 08-24-2012 at 09:03 PM.
Looner is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote